Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Reports of drug and alcohol users walking through multiple rounds

I'm in a bit of a debate. Are there any credible sources or studies that have been done proving that drug users and or drunk people have been shot multiple times and kept coming? I know this is the case with people on PCP. I've also heard that Larry Phillips and Emil Matasareanu were on drugs during the Hollywood shootout. I've also heard reports coming from Iraq/Afghanistan that soldiers have experienced enemy combatants on drugs who appeared super human.

I know of these cases happening but I don't know where to get credible sources stating this.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Reports of drug and alcohol users walking through multiple rounds

Sure thing, here's yer proof:

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    I've also heard that Larry Phillips and Emil Matasareanu were on drugs during the Hollywood shootout.
    They were also wearing full-body armor and faced only 9mm rounds until very late in the shoot-out, so I don't think this helps your case much.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    Sure thing, here's yer proof:

They were also wearing full-body armor and faced only 9mm rounds until very late in the shoot-out, so I don't think this helps your case much.
    I knew about the armor and 9mm rounds. Nope, doesn't help much at all :P

(Fulton County)

Well, I do remember watching a story on bio about a man who survived an encounter with a home invader. The homeowner said that he had hit the invader multiple times with his baseball bat, and it didn't even phase him. It turned out the home invader was high on some sort of drug. However, a double barrel 12 gauge loaded up with buckshot at point blank outta take care of that problem.

(Washington County)

Drugs just make you not care that you're getting shot when a sober person might go into shock or just freak out. Same if the person is just mentally determined to fight.

It's not going to change a thing if you shoot them in the brain, neck, spine, heart, and it's not going to keep them going once they bleed out, nor will it slow down the bleeding out process.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
    Drugs just make you not care that you're getting shot....
    I agree. Someone who's drunk or high just doesn't feel as much pain as a sober person. They can get stabbed and not even realize it. However, a drunk person will bleed more than if they were sober.

To answer the OP's question, no I've never seen a report on that. I'm sure the military has though. Apparently during WWII forces from all sides were dabbling in speed and meth-like substances.

(Susquehanna County)

PCP is the drug that I'm thinking about where a perp can take tons of rounds and stay standing.

(Adams County)

There have been some reports of drug-fueled suspects sucking up round after round and continuing to fight. However, there have been reports of completely sober people doing the same thing, (IE. Miami shootout, The Soulis incident, etc.)

Here are some drug-free incidents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout
    http://www.lawofficer.com/news-and-a..._incident.html

Hope this helps a little.

(Montgomery County)

You hit something that causes damage of magnitude to drop out of failure and not pain and drugs or crazyness will drop them about just as quick. You're heart can stop completely and you're still alive for a tad. Problem is the body stops being under control. chop a guys leg off and he isn't going to be running no matter how much PCP he did, He might hop like mad dog but you can then resort to entertaining zombie attacks.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    PCP is the drug that I'm thinking about where a perp can take tons of rounds and stay standing.
    PCP is a disassociative anaesthetic, so yeah, you're not gonna feel nearly as much pain while you're on it, and are less likely to go into psychological shock, but if your vital organs start getting shredded, as others here have noted, you're still fucked.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast