Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default guns stolen from Hanover Township store

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Poli...hip_store.html

Police say guns stolen from Hanover Township store

Hanover Township police are investigating a burglary that occurred at approximately 4:45 a.m. Wednesday at Nimrod Haven Sporting Goods on the Sans Souci Parkway. Police say a white Ford Taurus was driven into the front doors to gain entry. The suspects then entered the store and stole numerous guns. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 825-1254.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: guns stolen from Hanover Township store

http://www.wnep.com/wnep-luz-arrests...,0,46273.story

Police in Luzerne County have arrested two men they said rammed a stolen vehicle through the front doors of a sporting goods store and made off with a big stash of guns.

The owner of Nimrod Haven Sporting Goods store in Hanover Township said 31 stolen handguns are now off the streets.

Police arrested Raymond Rittenhouse, 22, and Michael Graboske, 45, charging them with stealing dozens of handguns from the Nimrod Haven Sporting Goods store early Wednesday morning.

Investigators believe the two men stole a car, rammed it into the front doors of the store and took more than 30 handguns.

The owner of Nimrod Haven would not go on camera but said in just over two minutes, the suspects entered the store, smashed the glass cabinets and made off with guns.

Rittenhouse and Graboske were arrested Friday night in Nanticoke after police said they sold two of the handguns taken from Nimrod Haven. After searching their Hanover Township home, police also found 29 other handguns taken during the burglary.

"That's good. That's real good. That's less guns on the street. Less people on the street who are going to use the guns," said Joe Monico.

Monico works at an auto business next door to Nimrod Haven. He was glad to hear about the arrests.

"I'm real happy that these guys got caught and everyone else who tries this, I hope they get caught and they should have stiffer consequences for these people. I don't think they should just get a slap on the wrist for this and get a couple of years in jail. They should do some real hard time for it," he said.

"It was kind of disturbing. It's so close to our school right here and school's going to be starting in a couple of weeks," said Matt Lukachinsky, of Sugar Notch.

At a car wash for the Hanover Area soccer team, parents said they were concerned after hearing about the burglary. They are glad Rittenhouse and Graboske, and 31 handguns, are in police custody.

"That's kind of scary. I'm glad they caught them," added Lukachinsky.

Rittenhouse and Graboske are charged with burglary, criminal trespass, theft and more.

The owner of Nimrod Haven told Newswatch 16 in addition to the measures already in place, he plans to beef up security even more.

Copyright © 2009, WNEP-TV
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

They got the bums. Good. Now the "lawyers" will get involved.The bums will get off on "good behavor" and get a another try at it and the poor schlep that own the gun store will be blamed for the whole thing because he did not do enough to "prevent" this from happening.

(Luzerne County)

I think the ATF boys want to get their hands on them. No 'slap on the wrist' then!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    They got the bums. Good. Now the "lawyers" will get involved.The bums will get off on "good behavor" and get a another try at it and the poor schlep that own the gun store will be blamed for the whole thing because he did not do enough to "prevent" this from happening.

Since the Feds are looking at prosecuting this case, don't bet on it. Once the Federal Sentencing Guidelines are applied to the initial break-in / robbery, then the additional charges of selling them on the street (without being an FFL or performing any PICs), there is no telling what the upper range of the guidelines will call for.

Bottom line.... bye-bye bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Ah, those evil lawyers again.

I'd suggest that if you or your family are ever arrested, that you show your good faith and skip the lawyers, just trust the government to do the right thing. Plead guilty, confess to the crimes, don't be part of the problem. None of that suspicious hiding behind the Bill of Rights, no insistence on effective counsel, don't hide behind the 5th Amendment, don't whine about warrantless searches.

After all, if you're innocent, why would you have anything to hide or need a lawyer? Right?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Ah, those evil lawyers again.

I'd suggest that if you or your family are ever arrested, that you show your good faith and skip the lawyers, just trust the government to do the right thing. Plead guilty, confess to the crimes, don't be part of the problem. None of that suspicious hiding behind the Bill of Rights, no insistence on effective counsel, don't hide behind the 5th Amendment, don't whine about warrantless searches.

After all, if you're innocent, why would you have anything to hide or need a lawyer? Right?
    Without context, I think most complaints about lawyers don't have to do with defense against criminal complaints. I think it's mostly getting raked over the coals during divorce and loosing more than you had to protect, frivolous lawsuits, my clients that got screwed out of millions because their lawyers thought they were experts or engineers, and the adversaries of my clients that seem to fire their lawyers quarterly.

But you know that, and it's a tough rep to bear so I don't blame you one bit for the reminders

(Lackawanna County)

I'm glad they got caught. I hope they throw the book at them.