Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Wild West Philly: Vigilantes Beat Alleged Rapist

What chaps my ass about this is that it's perfectly okay for an angry mob to chase someone down and beat the living snot out of them when they THINK the perp might have been the one that raped someone earlier that day - and on top of that they get $10K plus as a reward...

BUT...

someone riding their bicycle who is viciously attacked by a couple of thugs and defends himself against the attack while it is taking place is charged with attempted murder.
    Yup.

It's okay (laudable, to the tune of $10K taxpayer money even!) for a minority mob to mete out street justice to one of their own...

But let a White man defend himself from minority thugs? (eh, sorry, utes)

Well, we can't have that now, can we? Especially with a gun!

That's okay... soon Whites will be the minority in this nation and we'll then enjoy the same protections and privileges... right?

/Right? Bueller?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    That's okay... soon Whites will be the minority in this nation and we'll then enjoy the same protections and privileges... right?
    Wait... We're not the minority already??
    I've seen the middle schools in Monroe county and if whites aren't already the minority then we better get our kids to school 'cause from what I've seen, there's 1 white for every 5 of everything else.
    Oh wait.. do I have to count the whites who dress, talk and act something else?
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    Can he press charges for unlawful detention and assault? I mean it's not like she's defending herself now that the rape is over. I would think it would be a second incident.
    What assault? He kept falling down and they kept helping him back up. It's not their fault he's clumsy.

Charges may or may not be filed, but I'm sure there's a Philly lawyer out there who could use some money.

We might have to keep in mind where this took place and what the prevailing environment is. If it's customary in those areas to deal with things in that manner, then it's definitely easier to see how it happens.

I don't excuse mob violence or mob rule, but I think we can all see how it would happen.
    The real answer is 42.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    Can he press charges for unlawful detention and assault? I mean it's not like she's defending herself now that the rape is over. I would think it would be a second incident.
    Well I do believe rape is the only crime in which it is legal to shoot the person who did it even as they are getting away. Don't quote me though IANAL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12