Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Holster makers you like

S! ALL

Prolly beat to death but I'm asking... Who do you like, why, and waiting period if it applies?

I've bought a few but those were rather standard rigs. When I went shopping for IWB holsters I was rather shocked by the lack of availability and wait times. I've kinda settled on my weapons of choice and would like to purchase a few 'sweet' holsters from..maybe the 'new' guy locally(?) It must be quality and it must fit! I ordered from Dillon last..for my 329PD..yea..it was for a N frame but not for a 329PD..front sight didn't fit down the groove. I kept it anyhow...recently bought N frame Mountain gun. Know a PA holster maker that you would recommend a shout-out to?

Thumbs up Re: Holster makers you like

I have a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. IWB for my M&P9. I must admit that I've only had it for about a week (only had the gun for a day), so I've only been "out and about" with it for a few hours. Even though I've had limited experience, I can tell you that I'm pretty impressed with this holster. It's decently comfortable, very stable (even with a full size gun w/ 17 rounds of 147gr. 9mm), has excellent retention, and conceals well. The kydex is very smooth on the inside, which makes drawing and reholstering easy and fast.

About the company (Comp-Tac), well I was very impressed with their service. I put my order in online on a Sunday night, and had the holster in hand that Friday (5 days!).

I'm looking forward to many many more hours using this holster.

Edit: Comp-Tac makes holsters for revolvers as well as auto-loading pistols, so it's worth taking a look at.

Link: http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=61
    Last edited by lexington86; June 13th, 2007 at 11:46 PM.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Holster makers you like

I like leather. I use a leather holster for all of my guns including Plastic Fantastic Glocks.

I use Galco and Don Hume.

Galco is world famous for fit and quality.

To me, Don Hume makes a great holster for less money than a Galco. I have been buying more and more from Don Hume Leatherworks.

I'm sure there are great holster makers in Pa. But I have found that smaller companies usually charge more for the same product because it was "hand made". Thats great for a custom holster....but I like to use my extra money for ammo.

(Lancaster County)

I like FOBUS.

They make very good holseters, have a large selection, DON"T COST $60-100 like most of the others, and they are right here in PA.

Expensive but well worth it...GALCO

I never had a problem obtaining one at a Gunshow. Currently I use Galco IWB for my S&W 637 Airweight .38 and my Glock 26 -- Fit and carry comfort are outstanding.
    Recoil Happens

(Lehigh County)

Don Hume and Desantis. I have these and they work good for me.

i have always been a fan of the galco IWB, just have always fit me and the guns i carry perfect, have an IWB for my glock and XD, and the pocket holster for my 340pd..

Galco, hands down. You get what you pay for, and when carrying a loaded firearm, it needs to be cradled like a baby.

(Allegheny County)

I love my Don Hume IWB, I conceal my .40 like it's nothing, the leather is smooth and comfortable, it also stays open for re-holstering.

For OWB, I have a Bianchi Paddle Holster, I forget it's their, the way the paddle is curved fits comfortable on my leg and keeps the gun steady.

I also have a desanitis speed scabard on the way, which I plan on using under my suit coat when occasion calls for it. I'll have to let ya know about it, but it sure looks slick and I havent heard anything bad about'em.

(Allegheny County)

i like comp-tac (the c-t.a.c. in particular).

there is a guy on glocktalk (glockster paulie, iirc) who can sometimes get them faster than comp-tac themselves (i guess he keeps an inventory or something) for the same price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast