Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: York Adams Game and Fish Problems???

I just shot a few rounds of skeet there on Saturday. Dues are $40 per year with a $40 initiation fee when you join.

Nice club. I am considering joining. Hope that all things are worked out with the executive board, etc.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ksteelheader View Post
    Sorry, but "we the members" do NOT share responsibility! It was and is the fiduciary duty of the Board of Directors to have an annual audit. The York County District Attorneys' office told me this. Motions were set in place each year to do an audit, but the BOD listened to the ex-president who stated that an audit was not necessary. If anything, they hold as much responsubility for this as the crook.
    Are you kidding me? How do you figure? The members elected this group & then sat on their hands for YEARS while this played out. I've only been a member for about 4 years & I never went to meetings til recently so I know I share in the responsibility. You realize we the members re-elected this clown at least 5 years in a row, and they re-elected the BOD as well. I understand that some of the directors hadn't been to a meeting in years! The real issue is, nobody wants to step up & DO anything. We need younger members(under 60) to get involved. First thing should be a re-write of the by-laws they are terrible, very vague in a lot of areas.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you at the meeting tonight...right?

(York County)

Best bet is to go to the meeting tonight or stop by the trap fields on the weekend and talk to people...Great bunch of folks...There is a Pump gun Skeet Match coming up on Oct 17 and the 18th...The 17 is a practice shoot with Breakfast in the AM..The 18th is a 100 bird match...Should be alot of fun with the pump guns...Come on out...I'll be there

(York County)

I read the reply too late to make that meeting, when is the next one? Also, someone told me that the club is waiving the joining fee to try and get new members, is this true?

(York County)

Stop by on Sunday and ask around. Always looking for new members. Even with the initiation fee its a good club. Price becoming a member at Freedom Armory.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy624 View Post
    Are you kidding me? How do you figure? The members elected this group & then sat on their hands for YEARS while this played out. I've only been a member for about 4 years & I never went to meetings til recently so I know I share in the responsibility. You realize we the members re-elected this clown at least 5 years in a row, and they re-elected the BOD as well. I understand that some of the directors hadn't been to a meeting in years! The real issue is, nobody wants to step up & DO anything. We need younger members(under 60) to get involved. First thing should be a re-write of the by-laws they are terrible, very vague in a lot of areas.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you at the meeting tonight...right?
    You saw me, but I don't know who you are. The thing that got this going was the fact that I contacted the State Attorney General and the York County DA and found out how to take this further. The fact that I let it be known is what got the BOD off their ass.

The bylaws are vague in every area. The fact that there are four different accounts at the club is one very good reason for a bylaws change.
    Last edited by ksteelheader; October 13th, 2009 at 04:41 PM.

(York County)

How long do the meetings last? I work third shift and would have to leave around 8-8:30. I really need somewhere to shoot, but every club I've found you have to go to a meeting on a weekday evening, which I can't really do because of my work schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
    How long do the meetings last? I work third shift and would have to leave around 8-8:30. I really need somewhere to shoot, but every club I've found you have to go to a meeting on a weekday evening, which I can't really do because of my work schedule.
    Check out ACSHA.....

You can go to a shoot, or workday on the weekend, to cover the attendence...

mail the app. and dues in.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Check out ACSHA.....

You can go to a shoot, or workday on the weekend, to cover the attendence...

mail the app. and dues in.
    I was just checking out their website, but they don't have any more events scheduled till next year.

Quote Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
    I was just checking out their website, but they don't have any more events scheduled till next year.
    I can take you up there, explain the rules, show the lay-out....

That will cover it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast