Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default In line at the Specter townhall

Well folk I can attest there is organization but it ain't from the right. ACORN in Armstrong county today is a first.

I didn't get in after waiting 2 hours in line, they only took 200 into the meeting, I was probably 240. There was well over another 1000 outside in attendance. Armstrong County is a huge republican base but we were infiltrated by the outside. ACORN came from Pittsburgh dropping off 2 bus loads and tried to work the crowds. There is no ACORN branch in Armstrong County. According to the US Census (2000) the population of the county is 97.31% white, 1.57% african American, .23% native American. It was still majority against HC reform.

During discussions in line, I've came to the conclusion that those that favor HC reform are the one that don't have it OR want better HC without having to subsidize it. It's really not about the well being of all Americans, it's about what I can get without having to pay for it. Griff Jenkins was there and I got a picture with him, seems to be a nice guy. I'll save you the ugly ....

I drove straight to the townhall from Port Perry, ONT where I was visiting Rich (buddy with brain cancer). Bluntly, he would be dead if he was in the Canadian system. American HC has kept him alive, all of his treatment has been at John Hopkins or Roswell Park in Buffalo, NY. He finally got an appointment just today with a oncologist in Toronto that would honor his American health insurance. We're hoping he can get treatment in Toronto because the trip to NY is just too much for him to handle. Took him 19 months to get in.

The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: In line at the Specter townhall

I was there, too, and was one of the ones standing outside. I'm sure I'm in that last picture, somewhere....

During discussions in line, I've came to the conclusion that those that favor HC reform are the one that don't have it OR want better HC without having to subsidize it. It's really not about the well being of all Americans, it's about what I can get without having to pay for it.
    The conversations in my part of line seemed to reflect this, too.

What would you estimate was the ratio of people against HC reform versus for it? I'd say it was north of 5:1.

I felt bad for all the retirees sweltering in the sun. Some were really having difficulty dealing with the heat and sunshine.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

(Armstrong County)

I'd guess about the same and if 3 buses of ACORN wouldn't a been there it would have been more!

Health Care for America NOW! | Event | Bus #3 to Senator Specter Town Hall in Kittanning

Bus #3 to Senator Specter Town Hall in Kittanning (Take Action August)

The battle for health care reform is heating up. Right wing opponents of the bill, backed by millions of dollars from insurance companies, are packing Congressional Town Hall meetings around the country to disrupt them and tell atrocious lies about the legislation
    We have to fight back! We need you to come out to Senator Arlen Specter’s Town Hall in Kittanning on Thursday Aug 13th in Kittanning.

This is one of three buses running from the Pittsburgh area to the event. You must be at the bus by 10:30 am to hold your spot.

Or join us at the event at 12:30pm.
    Belmont Complex, 415 Butler Rd
    Kittanning, PA 16201

(Allegheny County)

i was there as well, i was flying the tall flag pole with the Green PA Militia 1st rifle reg. and the Gadsden below it.

we also have video of the ACORN/SEIU rolling up. they were outnumbered a good 10 to 1. talking with the State Police after the event they said one more word out of her mouth and they were going to arrest her for DC, Distubing a public meeting and destroying private property since she was ripping up people signs.

NOT ONE MENTION FROM THE STATEES ABOUT MY OCing!!! i have audio of the one older Corpral stating he wishes more people would carry to make his job easier.
    Last edited by renegadephoenix; August 13th, 2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    i have audio of the one older Corpral stating he wishes more people would carry to make his job easier.
    I would absolutely LOVE to have a chance to hear that audio file! Please post it if you are able. Thanks, Bob

(Allegheny County)

bob, i need someone with another recorder to record while mine plays. it can't upload to a computer.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(York County)

I agree 100%!!!! the only people that are for this are the ones who don't have health insurance or just don't wanna pay to get better coverage. sorry, but you gotta work to get good healthcare in a non-communist society.

(Westmoreland County)

renegadephoenix,

First of all, I loved your flag setup. Absolutely beautiful.

I wish I had seen you OC'ing. It's gratifying to hear that the statees supported you in that. Did you get any flak from anyone there about doing so?

Also, are you planning on posting the video of ACORN rolling up? I hope you're able to post your audio with the Corporal. I'd love to see/hear that.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

(Armstrong County)

Griff Jenkins was there and they just showed video of the buses rolling in on Greta Van Susteren's show tonight! I also e-mailed Beck, Hanniity and Limbaugh with the link to ACORN's notice for bus travel.

Did you get any video of signs being torn up? That's the kind of stuff that needs to get out there.
    The real answer is 42.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast