I was thinking about this last night, I just searched "raffle" and nothing really came up except it was sort of discussed in 06, but a lot has changed in 3 years.

I don't know what has to be done per say to legally run a raffle, so please don't snap at me. I'd be willing to help in whatever the process is of attaining the permission.

I suggest a series of raffles.

Biweekly - decent handgun around $500 less or more/cases of ammo, could have more than 1 drawing
Monthly - bit more pricey piece, say high Kimber 1911 that are on alot of peoples wish lists : p
Bi or Tri Monthly - Class 3 weapons, Customized AR-15s by a Gsmith who is friendly with the PAFOA
6 Month - Had a good idea but lost it lol

20k+ members, then factoring in how many people would join just to try and win a gun, then start surfing the site and spreading the word.

$1 = 1 chance into the drawing
Yeah your going to have a lot of "tickets" in the hat, but I don't know how turned on people would be if it was $5,10,20,25,50,100...I think the low risk - high reward and it's a dollar mindset would draw the best.

Bigger drawings could be held at ranges before a group shoot or a public place for everyone to socialize. For something like this I'd take a drive for a few hours for an event like this, buy a PAFOA t-shirt or 2 and other goodies, if this is all feasible it could help shape the future of the site. From the engine that could, a bunch of friends that wanted to talk shop TO a player in the gun community with some influence.

I don't know what %'s would go, 50/50 or whatever. Doesn't really matter to me because I know it will be put to good use.

Maybe my hopes and dreams are a bit high but it's just an idea, don't freak out at me if it can't happen or don't agree, only trying to help.