Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default So I went to the doctor yesterday....

I've had a pain in my crotchel region since saturday. First off, I made the appointment, and the clerical nurse says to me, ok Brad, your nurse will be Jody.... I look at her strange and say, ok whatever. So they get me into exam room three and the prenurse (that's what I call em, the nurse who gets your weight, blood pressure, stuff like that) asks me what I'm there for, I tell her, she looks at who my doctor will be that day, looks at me, then looks at the computer again before saying aaaaaah, ok? You didn't want to see the Doctor for this? I said I didn't care WHO looked at it, I just wanted it fixed.

So she says ok, I'll let them know you're ready. I hear them say Mr. Marshall is ready in room 3, then a bunch of snickering. Then a male doctor steps into the room. I say to him, "Boy, you don't look anything like a Jody to me!" He chuckles and says, maybe I'm more suited to help, my name is doctor smith, tell me how you feel down there. I tell him, every time I sit up, walk, or move it feels as though I'm being kicked in the crotch! He asks other follow up questions, then says, well I'm only interning here, so let me go get Jody. Jody walks in, she says well, you really don't mind me looking? I reply with something like, Ma'am, if you can fix me, I don't care... just get this pain GONE!

She tells me to drop trow, to which I do, then to lighten the mood I say "I was in the pool!" noone laughed but me, not too many seinfeld fans out there i guess. She feels around, then says I better go get the other doctor. So by now I'm sittin there bare to the world from the waist down, and THREE yeah count em, THREE doctors are in the room staring at my junk. Finally the doctor I wanted to see in the first place comes in, checks me out, and says Yup! You have epididymitis! pronounced ep-i-did-i-mitus

Now, I'm no doctor and I didn't pretend to be one that day, so I said aaaaah, what is that, and is it curable without invasive surgery? Turns out it is, now I'm on Steroids and Cipro. If it's what they say it is, pain should be gone tomarrow. If it's not, MORE TESTS! woo hooo!

I don't wish this on my worst enemy! THIS SUCKS HARD! The treatment for epididymitis is bed rest and drugs... I haven't had a chance for bed rest this whole week... I need the money! So I'm toughing it out at work. It's EXCRUTIATING pain, and I can't believe I'm actually doing as good as I am, but I'm gettin through it.

Pray for me peoples! I need it! Anyone else ever have this problem? or anything like it?
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: So I went to the doctor yesterday....

so who did you piss off to get this bad juju karma placed upon you?

(York County)

Interesting reading...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epididymitis

And since Ciprofloxacin is an antibacterial, you might wish to have a conversation with your lady friends about your ailment and treatment. There is at least a chance that she might need treatment as well.

Do you feel like you have a raw egg between your legs, trying desperately not to bump, um, anything?

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

You know I heard taking that thing out for a walk once in a while prevents things like this

Hope the pain goes away fast, nothing worse than trying to move around when you feel like you have been kicked in the nuts.

(Allegheny County)

Had the same thing happen 4 or 5 years ago. Swelling up of that area is terrifying. Went to my doctor (female), glad to have her look. She put me on Cipro for 10 days. Tenth day I called and told her it wasn't yet normal. She referred me to a Urologist who prescribed more Cipro..... that did the trick. Wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    I hear them say Mr. Marshall is ready in room 3, then a bunch of snickering.
    That part caught my attention. If they were truly snickering about your problem, the main Dr. needs to be told this as it is highly unprofessional

(Luzerne County)

Just one question. Did they ask if you had a firearm at home?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

i guess just be glad it's not testicular cancer. i had a buddy who just had a testical removed because of that. it's actually not that big of a deal if they catch it early enough either, but still...

good luck...hope you are feeling better soon.
    F*S=k

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    She tells me to drop trow, to which I do, then to lighten the mood I say "I was in the pool!" noone laughed but me, not too many seinfeld fans out there i guess.
    I thought that was very funny! Hope you feel better.

(Bucks County)

Over a year ago I went to the doctor for the same reason. I had a small lump on the top of my testicle that I could feel. It hurt like hell and was extremely tender. The short version of the story is, no one can figure out what the problem is, and I still just have to deal with the pain. I've lost insurance, got new insurance, lost it again, etc. since the problem started, so I've had a hard time being able to see doctors. At one point, they scheduled me for exploratory surgery, said I had partial torsion, and sewed my testicles to the sides of my scrotum. Walked like John Wayne for a month because of the stitches in/on my scrotum. I still have terrible pain though.

They treated my with the cipro for epididymitis, but that didn't work. When that failed, they gave me 10 steroid shots, every other week, directly in the testicle. That didn't work either.

I hope you get your problem sorted out man, I seriously am hoping it clears up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast