Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PMSC Group Shooters RSO Training Class Interest

Quote Originally Posted by bdevil73 View Post
    Great idea. Just a thought, but how any people are you averaging for the shoots. Would people be willing to pay $10 at the next shoot instead of the usual $5 for non-PMSC members? The extra $5 could go towards offsetting the cost of the course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I believe that you'd need to keep monies separate, as the $5 fee goes to PMSC, and since PMSC isn't responsible for paying for anyone to become certified... well, there isn't much sense in doing that.

Also note that a decision regarding fees needs to be made by the PMSC board, not by people who are not members of the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevil73 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't explain that too well did I? I meant the extra $5 could go towards the RSO class. I wouldn't expect PMSC to give up their guest fee.
    a donation coffee tin on the sign in table to be kept seperate from the $5 shoot fee would solve this.

We would need one person to collect the money and report it. As a PAFOA fund for PAFOA RO's we can do that all here without club involvment.

PAFOA needs to take care of this RO situation on its own, for a variety of reasons.

Jake is handleing finding an instructer and setting up a class, he should hold and report the funds as well.

(Allegheny County)

Perhaps we could put out a can at the group shoot if people want to throw a buck or two towards it. Couldn't hurt, and I think people could help if it will keep the soots going. And that way it is 100% voluntary.

ETA: Shawn beat me to it and said it better than I ever could.
    Last edited by Atomic Dog; August 12th, 2009 at 09:49 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post

PAFOA needs to take care of this RO situation on its own, for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure why you are saying this.

Jake is handleing finding an instructer and setting up a class, he should hold and report the funds as well. You realise that Jake's friend is most likely from up north and not directly around the pittsburgh area. No offence Jake.
    Red is mine.

Bill Chessman is planning a class soon. I believe he mentioned it the last members meeting. His contact information is on the PMSC web site.

I posted on the PAFOA forum the last time he had a class. How many of you showed up?

$75 is two nights (if not one) out at a club.
    $75 is how many boxes of ammo?
    If you really want it......you can do it.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Lawrence County)

OK, sounds like there is plenty of interest! I honestly didn't think that many of would step up... Thank you sincerely for proving me wrong! I will review the thread later tonght at work to get a guestimate head count, and I will contact the guy tomorrow.

BTW Is there anyone that is already a Certified Instructor and NRA RSO that would like to take the NRA Chief RSO class?
    (an NRA Chief RSO can can hold NRA RSO classes for anyone they feel comfortable with.)
    I am going to look into doing this myself so we can certify people in the future at a VERY CHEAP rate... (like maybe REP pionts, gas money and lunch LOL)

................ZRT Sector 1 Waterborne Operations & Sniper Unit.................

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    Red is mine.

Bill Chessman is planning a class soon. I believe he mentioned it the last members meeting. His contact information is on the PMSC web site.

I posted on the PAFOA forum the last time he had a class. How many of you showed up?

$75 is also not easily found by a lot of people who have houses, kids, and hobbies. I can't speak for other people but I've spent about $20 for ammo in the last 6-8 months because that's what I could afford with a mortgage, car payment, and going back to school. I'm trying to stay in this hobby and enjoy myself without making too many more sacrifices. I've been looking at these guns and thinking how much more cash I would have if I sold them. Same with the motorcycle.

I tried to make it to the class last time Joe but I couldn't. I'm sorry if that lowers your opinion of me but I do what I can do.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    $75 is also not easily found by a lot of people who have houses, kids, and hobbies. I can't speak for other people but I've spent about $20 for ammo in the last 6-8 months because that's what I could afford with a mortgage, car payment, and going back to school. I'm trying to stay in this hobby and enjoy myself without making too many more sacrifices. I've been looking at these guns and thinking how much more cash I would have if I sold them. Same with the motorcycle.

I tried to make it to the class last time Joe but I couldn't. I'm sorry if that lowers your opinion of me but I do what I can do. I realize that things come up beyond our control.
    red in your post are key words.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Lawrence County)

The Guy I'm gonna contact is actually from Butler, I'll still contact him to see, but it's up to you'all. If he did want to do it up here, it's only an hour from PMSC. But I get the impression he'd go just about anywhere. He's a real great guy.

You're right, when you put it that way, it dosen't sound like much. But then again there are plenty of people who come to the shoots to share guns with the "bring your own ammo" clause. Or people like me (and Joe Smith I believe) who have consistantly been RO mostly because of lack of funds to shoot! (and the need for RO's of course!) I don't know about the rest of you, but some months I'm lucky to scrape up enough to pay the $5 each for me and my son and pay for the gas to get there! Maybe someday I'll be well off enough to toss out $75 for a cert that gives me the privlidge to work for free...

ETA Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing it for the shoots, but then again I already have the cert. If I did have to take it though I shure wouldn't be able to swing that much for it...
    Last edited by Jake Mc.; August 13th, 2009 at 12:14 AM.

................ZRT Sector 1 Waterborne Operations & Sniper Unit.................

(Allegheny County)

red in your post are key words.
    Joe, the only hobby I have is coming to the shoots to RO. I know you are not trying to be mean but for some reason I'm taking everything personally tonight and I know that's not your intent. So I'm going to go get some sleep and I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Actually, thinking about it I guess I'm just bitter and depressed because it seems like all I ever do is work and never get to enjoy myself anymore. Of course, that's nobody's problem but mine so perhaps I can fix that somehow. But it will have to wait until school is done.
    Last edited by Atomic Dog; August 12th, 2009 at 10:45 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    Joe, the only hobby I have is coming to the shoots to RO. I know you are not trying to be mean but for some reason I'm taking everything personally tonight and I know that's not your intent. So I'm going to go get some sleep and I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Actually, thinking about it I guess I'm just bitter and depressed because it seems like all I ever do is work and never get to enjoy myself anymore. Of course, that's nobody's problem but mine so perhaps I can fix that somehow. But it will have to wait until school is done.
    get some sleep.
    best of luck to ya.
    later
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Lawrence County)

So far I count 7 people interested.

1 Montanya
    2 Joe Smith
    3 Falcn
    4 Dagny
    5 Renegade
    6 Clueless
    7 excelon

AND

I have a commitment of:

$20 notenoughguns
    $20 27hand
    $20 Shawn.L

Anyone I missed? Anyone I have on the list not willing to travel (just in case), or would rather take the one coming up at PMSC?

Jake

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast