Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default How much of a threat is Cease-Fire PA and Moms Against Guns to gun rights?

Just yesterday, I saw their YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CeaseFirePA

I watched their featured video and I thought it was extremely over the top. They made it seem as if you cannot go to a city in PA w/o an armored car and a ballistics vest. In the video, they placed most of the blame on handguns.

I also checked out the YouTube page for Moms Against Guns:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MomsAgainstGuns

Their featured video was less dramatic, but they do pose a threat since they pushed for 1 handgun a month and registration.

How much of a threat are these organizations to gun rights? Do they do most of their lobbying state-wide? Or do they also do it at the national level? How strong is their support base?

(Centre County)

Default Re: How much of a threat is Cease-Fire PA and Moms Against Guns to gun rights?

They're as big a threat as any organization that wants to use the Constitution for toilet paper.

I suspect people wouldn't be asking how big a threat "Citizens for warrantless searches" would be, so why should this be any exception? Any organization that has, as one of it's stated goals, the removal of our rights is a danger.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: How much of a threat is Cease-Fire PA and Moms Against Guns to gun rights?

Quote Originally Posted by lexnaturalis View Post
    They're as big a threat as any organization that wants to use the Constitution for toilet paper.

I suspect people wouldn't be asking how big a threat "Citizens for warrantless searches" would be, so why should this be any exception? Any organization that has, as one of it's stated goals, the removal of our rights is a danger.
    But are they really well funded and active all over PA? Or do they just complain from time to time when there is a shooting? Have they actually succeeded in getting any laws passed in PA?

(Centre County)

CeaseFire PA claims credit for getting the lost and stolen guns ordinances passed in various cities/townships. They're relatively well funded and have been around for years. I can't really quantify their support base, but they're not a fly-by-night operation.

Most of them are "piss your pants at the sight of a gun" people, so it's expected that their rhetoric is over the top.

(Lancaster County)

How well funded they are isn't necessarily the issue. In the Internet age of YouTube and Blogs, getting your message out doesn't require the cash it once did. Their message can be even more dangerous than a well funded, TV only, add campaign. They reach the tech saavy younger generation that has been spoon fed this anti-gun drivel for most their lives, many without the benefit of someone like you or me to show them the reality. It's these people that will aid in passing or turning away such bills.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
    Just yesterday, I saw their YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CeaseFirePA

I watched their featured video and I thought it was extremely over the top. They made it seem as if you cannot go to a city in PA w/o an armored car and a ballistics vest. In the video, they placed most of the blame on handguns.

I also checked out the YouTube page for Moms Against Guns:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MomsAgainstGuns

Their featured video was less dramatic, but they do pose a threat since they pushed for 1 handgun a month and registration.

How much of a threat are these organizations to gun rights? Do they do most of their lobbying state-wide? Or do they also do it at the national level? How strong is their support base?
    How much of a threat are these organizations to gun rights? VERY HIGH LEVEL OF THREAT

Do they do most of their lobbying state-wide? YES for now but they network with all the other state and national groups including anti-hunting, animals rights groups, and lots of others anything to ban firearms.

How strong is their support base? Read about the $350,000 grant, they have PAID lobbyist, they have lots of willing Quizzling in the media and holding political offices that are all for taking your rights away.

I can answer your questions read the know your enemy post on PAFOA, there are several post about them and their capabilities of their organizations.

Know your enemy: Moms Against Guns
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...inst-guns.html

Know your enemy: New professional hired to take your firearms rights away
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ghts-away.html

The state's largest gun control group, CeaseFirePA, is getting a $350,000 grant to strengthen its advocacy efforts statewide
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...000-grant.html

THEY have big piles of cash to spend and work with everyone they can find to take our rights away. They have money to go every where in the state, they have paid lobbyist and lawyer to represent them at meetings. They work with other groups at the state and national level.

They have more money to print fancy brochures. They are VERY DEDICATED to their cause (right or wrong) and have the resources to be a real threat to take your rights away. DON’T ever underestimate them. Right now they are attempting to do an end run our rights by lobbying cities to break existing pre exemption laws and make up their own laws like LOST & STOLEN contrary to the UFA. They are trying to build a politically connected base to justify their gun controls laws at the state level, not they don’t want to control criminals, just guns is what they are all about.

WE have a uncoming WAR over LOST & STOLEN at the state level with debates coming up in probably spring of 2010 in PA

What they lack is knowledgeable people to support their cause, as most gun control people have no idea of what current firearm laws are nor do they care, they run on feelings and emotions only. They don’t care that existing firearm laws don’t work as their stated purpose for enactment or the existing laws are not enforced as they should be against criminals with intent on hurting people. They will rush out in every tragedy to try to use it as example to enact another gun control law, that even IF it worked as they hopes/ claimed it would not prevent that tragedy they are using at the current time, they don’t care about facts or even if what ever snake oil bill they are pushing wouldn't work. They have a agenda and like most lobbyist get paid bonus for anything that their puppet master wants get passed into law, in this case taking our rights away.

One person in PA uses the tragedy of the murder of her son in a car seat by a career repeat violent criminal that shouldn’t have been out on bail in the first place. Had the judges and DA put that violent bad guy in jail for the jail time allowed by existing firearm laws violations on the numerous chances prior to her son death he would be alive today, BUT does she hold those people who let her son murder back on the streets accountable? NO she blames inanimate objects instead and is about lobbying for more gun control with these groups. They always bring her out to tell her sad story about its the weak gun laws that at fault for the death of her son, not system, not the catch and release policy, not the lack of enforcement, not the lack of prosecution, not even the criminal that killed her son, just guns that are to blame.

They will never call for elimination of laws they supported in the past that are proven ineffective or not workable, to be replace with a newer version to do there stated purpose.

All they really want despite what they say in public to the contrary, is the total elimination of all private firearm ownership in the US. They are working on the concept death by a thousand slices, and they have gotten much accomplished in the past in PA with their willing allies in the media complex.

They are also planning a Fall 09 dog and pony show at the capital to push their anti-gun agenda.

They have the political connections to get uniformed police officers to be able to stand at their rallies as part of their job to just be stage props for gun control. To send the subliminal message that cops are for gun control which is BS.

Yet these same police officers never ask why these anti-gun groups didn’t support legislation that help or protects them on duty like gun owners do. Why is that?

You will always see them get positive media coverage and lots of it at events where everyone you see is on the stage and almost no one in audience except the media. Yet they will get front page news coverage more than we get with well over a thousand people that came on their own money to show the support will get NONE or very little unless they can spin it and even then lots of time the anti-gun groups still get quoted in a article.

So in short are they a threat. YES a very great threat if they are not held in check, now my question. What are you personally willing to do to stop them in the front lines in Harrisburg with the Reps?

That is the question isn't, what are rights worth to you?

PA stand on the very slippery slope, all they need the votes and you ALL will be surprised how fast PA is transformed into the most anti-gun state in eastern US maybe in the nation.

Think it can’t happen here in PA? Sit back and do nothing or try to just pay someone else to do the job instead of you and watch it occur. They have been steam rolling over PA one city at a time with LOST & STOLEN. Why is not the council rooms over flowing with HUNDREDS of gun owners to oppose them instead of just the handful of honorable people of conviction to the cause that have been opposing them in the front lines of the battles at the city level, to busy?

Well freedom are not free, stand up and be counted.

(Chester County)

Join the NRA if you haven't already and help fight the fight against these jokers.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by velkly View Post
    How well funded they are isn't necessarily the issue. In the Internet age of YouTube and Blogs, getting your message out doesn't require the cash it once did. Their message can be even more dangerous than a well funded, TV only, add campaign. They reach the tech saavy younger generation that has been spoon fed this anti-gun drivel for most their lives, many without the benefit of someone like you or me to show them the reality. It's these people that will aid in passing or turning away such bills.
    Lol, I'm part of the tech savy young generation. I went to elementary school in NJ and middle/high school in PA. Guns were mentioned very rarely in school. When I was in NJ, they had us sign a pledge saying that we would not pick up any guns that we find (that are randomly laying around). In middle school, I remember that in my health book, there was on chapter that talked about the cycle of violence (guns were included in that discussion). I go to college right now and I've had the chance to interact with a lot of people from my generation. The overwhelming majority of people my age (I'm 19, btw) have no real-life exposure to guns. So yes, they have the guns=crime equation stamped into their minds. That being said, I don't think that the gun control lobby has done a whole lot to reach out to my generation. They may have been able to reach out in some inner cities, but most young people are too busy living it up to care. The NRA has done a pretty good job of reaching out (since they do have Fan pages on facebook, the most popular social networking site). But unless a young person owns guns or has a friend who owns guns, they won't really be interested.

Also, those college campus shooting have sparked some debate about gun control. Some college students want more handgun regulations, while others want to carry on campus (http://www.concealedcampus.org/). It's a pretty tight split and I'm interested to see the direction of gun politics with my generation.

Quote Originally Posted by unclesam099 View Post
    Join the NRA if you haven't already and help fight the fight against these jokers.
    Yes, I already joined.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    How much of a threat are these organizations to gun rights? VERY HIGH LEVEL OF THREAT

Do they do most of their lobbying state-wide? YES for now but they network with all the other state and national groups including anti-hunting, animals rights groups, and lots of others anything to ban firearms.

How strong is their support base? Read about the $350,000 grant, they have PAID lobbyist, they have lots of willing Quizzling in the media and holding political offices that are all for taking your rights away.

I can answer your questions read the know your enemy post on PAFOA, there are several post about them and their capabilities of their organizations.

Know your enemy: Moms Against Guns
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...inst-guns.html

Know your enemy: New professional hired to take your firearms rights away
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ghts-away.html

The state's largest gun control group, CeaseFirePA, is getting a $350,000 grant to strengthen its advocacy efforts statewide
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...000-grant.html

THEY have big piles of cash to spend and work with everyone they can find to take our rights away. They have money to go every where in the state, they have paid lobbyist and lawyer to represent them at meetings. They work with other groups at the state and national level.

They have more money to print fancy brochures. They are VERY DEDICATED to their cause (right or wrong) and have the resources to be a real threat to take your rights away. DON’T ever underestimate them. Right now they are attempting to do an end run our rights by lobbying cities to break existing pre exemption laws and make up their own laws like LOST & STOLEN contrary to the UFA. They are trying to build a politically connected base to justify their gun controls laws at the state level, not they don’t want to control criminals, just guns is what they are all about.

WE have a uncoming WAR over LOST & STOLEN at the state level with debates coming up in probably spring of 2010 in PA

What they lack is knowledgeable people to support their cause, as most gun control people have no idea of what current firearm laws are nor do they care, they run on feelings and emotions only. They don’t care that existing firearm laws don’t work as their stated purpose for enactment or the existing laws are not enforced as they should be against criminals with intent on hurting people. They will rush out in every tragedy to try to use it as example to enact another gun control law, that even IF it worked as they hopes/ claimed it would not prevent that tragedy they are using at the current time, they don’t care about facts or even if what ever snake oil bill they are pushing wouldn't work. They have a agenda and like most lobbyist get paid bonus for anything that their puppet master wants get passed into law, in this case taking our rights away.

One person in PA uses the tragedy of the murder of her son in a car seat by a career repeat violent criminal that shouldn’t have been out on bail in the first place. Had the judges and DA put that violent bad guy in jail for the jail time allowed by existing firearm laws violations on the numerous chances prior to her son death he would be alive today, BUT does she hold those people who let her son murder back on the streets accountable? NO she blames inanimate objects instead and is about lobbying for more gun control with these groups. They always bring her out to tell her sad story about its the weak gun laws that at fault for the death of her son, not system, not the catch and release policy, not the lack of enforcement, not the lack of prosecution, not even the criminal that killed her son, just guns that are to blame.

They will never call for elimination of laws they supported in the past that are proven ineffective or not workable, to be replace with a newer version to do there stated purpose.

All they really want despite what they say in public to the contrary, is the total elimination of all private firearm ownership in the US. They are working on the concept death by a thousand slices, and they have gotten much accomplished in the past in PA with their willing allies in the media complex.

They are also planning a Fall 09 dog and pony show at the capital to push their anti-gun agenda.

They have the political connections to get uniformed police officers to be able to stand at their rallies as part of their job to just be stage props for gun control. To send the subliminal message that cops are for gun control which is BS.

Yet these same police officers never ask why these anti-gun groups didn’t support legislation that help or protects them on duty like gun owners do. Why is that?

You will always see them get positive media coverage and lots of it at events where everyone you see is on the stage and almost no one in audience except the media. Yet they will get front page news coverage more than we get with well over a thousand people that came on their own money to show the support will get NONE or very little unless they can spin it and even then lots of time the anti-gun groups still get quoted in a article.

So in short are they a threat. YES a very great threat if they are not held in check, now my question. What are you personally willing to do to stop them in the front lines in Harrisburg with the Reps?

That is the question isn't, what are rights worth to you?

PA stand on the very slippery slope, all they need the votes and you ALL will be surprised how fast PA is transformed into the most anti-gun state in eastern US maybe in the nation.

Think it can’t happen here in PA? Sit back and do nothing or try to just pay someone else to do the job instead of you and watch it occur. They have been steam rolling over PA one city at a time with LOST & STOLEN. Why is not the council rooms over flowing with HUNDREDS of gun owners to oppose them instead of just the handful of honorable people of conviction to the cause that have been opposing them in the front lines of the battles at the city level, to busy?

Well freedom are not free, stand up and be counted.

Ok, I'll make sure that I don't underestimate them.

(Berks County)

Any anti group must be nutralized with and equal amount of pro activity. This is true of everything including guns. Million gun march anyone?http://secondamendmentmarch.com/index.htm. PAFOA linked on this site!!!