Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Talking EOtech 511 for $250.

I just bought a EOtech 511 for $250.

It is new in the box and never mounted on a weapon. It's the one that uses N type batteries.

I can't believe how light it is compared to the AA battery version. Very noticeable weight difference mounted on an AR.

It CO-Witnesses to the irons perfectly. This thing is great.

Default Re: EOtech 511 for $250.

and where did you get this from?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    and where did you get this from?
    Yeah, what he said.

(Montgomery County)

It's a 511 N cell model. You can get them new for $350 with a scope coat / cover and a Surefire G2 light. So really, the 511 alone is only about $300.

Look on the for sale boards - $250, if it was used (not bought through a dealer) aint so great a price. The N cells are known for being problematic. I have a 551 NV N cell model and it has been eating through batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    It's a 511 N cell model. You can get them new for $350 with a scope coat / cover and a Surefire G2 light. So really, the 511 alone is only about $300.

Look on the for sale boards - $250, if it was used (not bought through a dealer) aint so great a price. The N cells are known for being problematic. I have a 551 NV N cell model and it has been eating through batteries.
    Good to know, thanks. I don't really think that I got the ULTIMATE DEAL on this, just a good price for a NEW ONE from someone I know and work with. Most people pay retail and Bushnells go for $250.

As far as batteries go, my pistol grip allows me to store 2 SETS of extra N batteries so I am not worried about that. And I have found N batteries for under $4 a pair at local stores. The weight and size savings relative to the AAA version is well worth it to me.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLAW View Post
    Good to know, thanks. I don't really think that I got the ULTIMATE DEAL on this, just a good price for a NEW ONE from someone I know and work with. Most people pay retail and Bushnells go for $250.

As far as batteries go, my pistol grip allows me to store 2 SETS of extra N batteries so I am not worried about that. And I have found N batteries for under $4 a pair at local stores. The weight and size savings relative to the AAA version is well worth it to me.
    That's all fine and good as long as it doesn't die on you in the middle of shooting. Make sure you have good BUIS and that they are sighted in. I pretty much put new batteries in it every other month. That is only 2-3 range trips where the optic is on for 4 hours or less each time. I think mine drains while stored even though it is off.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    ...I think mine drains while stored even though it is off.
    I've heard this many places about the pre Rev-F eotechs that took N batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    I've heard this many places about the pre Rev-F eotechs that took N batteries.
    Got this from another site, interesting.

"Also, regarding the short-life of EoTechs. The REV. F EoTechs have a greatly improved battery life, 10,000 hours from 2 AA batteries or something like that. I believe the Aimpoints are something like good for several years (though I did have an Aimpoint die on me after an all day/night operation). The reason why battery life is limited on EoTechs is that it is the only system that uses an actual laser-diode, other red dots (Aimpoint included) use a LED. This is also why an EoTech's reticle doesn't produce a reticle that is visible from the front or through IR. Which Aimpoints above the 4-5 brightness will be visible through IR/naked eye in darkness.

Just something to consider."

I'll be keeping a close eye on it and let you know. My AA version has had the same batteries in for at least 2 years, still good.

A lot of people prefer Aimpoint due to the battery situation and the reticle (love it or hate it). To me the EOTech reticle is perfect. I'll have to wait and see if there is any battery or other problems.

All in all I paid about $130 BELOW wholesale for a new one. I would do it again.