Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Response from Bob Casey

Here's the canned response I just got from Bob Casey pertaining to my objections to Sonia Sotomayor being confirmed to SCOTUS. So far I haven't heard from my other Senator and since he also voted for her I probably won't.

Dear 1iarrowking:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to be Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

On May 26, 2009, President Obama announced his nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to replace retiring Justice David H. Souter on the Supreme Court. As you know, the Supreme Court is the highest court in the federal judiciary and decides cases of enormous importance to the Nation. As a part of her confirmation process, I had the privilege to meet with Judge Sotomayor on June 9, 2009. After meeting with Judge Sotomayor, I was extremely impressed by her knowledge of the law and her personal warmth. I was also impressed by her honesty in answering questions and her understanding of the role of the judiciary at all levels of our federal system in ensuring the promise of ‘equal justice under law.’

I have monitored Judge Sotomayor’s testimony before the Judiciary Committee and I believe she has demonstrated that she is highly qualified to become a Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. As a U.S. Senator, I take very seriously my own constitutional role in Judge Sotomayor’s confirmation process and I will be closely reviewing her judicial career and qualifications as her confirmation process continues.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please be assured that I have been gratified to hear from my constituents regarding Judge Sotomayor and the significance of this historic nomination. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Response from Bob Casey

Same response I received from him... Below was my response.

Senator Casey
    Sir
    I can see from your response to my original letter to stop the nomination of Judge Sotomayor that you also must be against the basic rights set forth in the constitution. I watched with great interest the questioning of Judge Sotomayor and was very disappointed that she failed to answer direct questions asked of her. If you were impressed, then you sir I am sure will answer in upcoming elections, to the public. If confirmed we can do nothing about that but we can remove from office the people who helped place her there. The Bill of Rights is in place to protect people from the overwhelming advances of the government.

Thank you,
    XXXXXXXXXXX

knighted4

ARTICLE l SECTION 21
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

What part of this DON'T you understand?

(Chester County)

I got the same response and sent them a reply thanking him for ignoring all my comments. I pointed out that if the Senator thought Sotomayor was forthcoming in her testimony he is either a liar or a fool.However I am glad we are not simply ignored and do at least get a response, as lame as some of them are.

I just wish they would say something like- "i support sotoyomayors world view, her politics etc" then at least I would not feel I was being lied to or talked to like a child!

(Union County)

That kind of response is to be expected from Casey or any other Senator. I don't care what political party they represent, non of them give a damn about the American people, the ones that must foot the bill.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by oldzimm View Post
    That kind of response is to be expected from Casey or any other Senator. I don't care what political party they represent, non of them give a damn about the American people, the ones that must foot the bill.
    At least you guys got a response. A few months ago, I sent an email to Senator Arlen Specter (those emails that you can send directly through their website). I basically explained to him why I opposed HR6257 (Assault Weapons Ban). I never got a response.

(Lackawanna County)

I agree! +1

(Northampton County)

Well boys, you know what we can do about all this horse shit politics from our elected officials right? Vote them the fuck out of office.

Send them to the unemployment office with a boot print on their asses. No more professional politicians. THAT is what's destroying this country and people need to realize it and do something about it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    Well boys, you know what we can do about all this horse shit politics from our elected officials right? Vote them the fuck out of office.

Send them to the unemployment office with a boot print on their asses. No more professional politicians. THAT is what's destroying this country and people need to realize it and do something about it.
    Professional politicians aren't the problem, its the sheep that repeatedly reelect unqualified professional politicians. Politics is anything but simple, never has been, and the only way to understand it and be able to effectively work within the system is to make a career of doing it so professional politicians will not only always exist, they'll always be necessary. As long as the sheep are looking for a shepherd to think for them we'll always have unqualified professionals in office. Wake the sheep up and the problems destroying this country will go away on their own.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Union County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Professional politicians aren't the problem, its the sheep that repeatedly reelect unqualified professional politicians. Politics is anything but simple, never has been, and the only way to understand it and be able to effectively work within the system is to make a career of doing it so professional politicians will not only always exist, they'll always be necessary. As long as the sheep are looking for a shepherd to think for them we'll always have unqualified professionals in office. Wake the sheep up and the problems destroying this country will go away on their own.
    By a shepherd, would you use Obama as an good example? Sorta a like Obama knows how to pull the wool over simple minded peoples eyes. You know the ones I'm talking about, the people that think Obama can walk on water.

(Berks County)

By a shepherd, would you use Obama as an good example? Sorta a like Obama knows how to pull the wool over simple minded peoples eyes. You know the ones I'm talking about, the people that think Obama can walk on water.
    O is a perfect example. The sheep want someone to take care of them, make sure they have a nice field to graze in, and don't have fleas so they don't have to do those things for themself and they blindly elected someone that promised them weekly brushings, greener grass, and free flea colloars. The sheep wanted a shepherd, they got a shepherd, and in no time he'll be fleecing them.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.