Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Climbing tree stand question

Found this treestand in a yard sale; never had or used one before. I suspect it is missing some parts. Can you please tell what does it missing, so that perhaps I can order those parts? Thank you

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Climbing tree stand question

Doesnt look like anything is missing. It looks like one made by Dicks sporting goods. I have one very similar. They are functional but very heavy. I bought mine because it was cheap. Brand new i think i paid $69 for mine last year.
    No longer posting

(Monroe County)

You have a FANTASTIC treestand there, it looks like a Summit, not sure the model but its like the viper but the front doesn't drop down

Not only is it not missing any parts... it looks almost unused!

just curious... how much did you pay for it? they retail for well over 200.00
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    You have a FANTASTIC treestand there, it looks like a Summit, not sure the model but its like the viper but the front doesn't drop down

Not only is it not missing any parts... it looks almost unused!

just curious... how much did you pay for it? they retail for well over 200.00
    Are you sure Dredly? If it is then mine must be a Dick's copy of a Summit. I just know mine is heavy as hell.
    No longer posting

(Monroe County)

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=goliath

it may not be a summit but it sure as hell looks exactly like one.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

I was looking at those. I agree it does look like a summit. im guessing mine is a copy of a summit. I havnt even used mine yet. Im taking it out monday to try it.
    No longer posting

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    I was looking at those. I agree it does look like a summit. im guessing mine is a copy of a summit. I havnt even used mine yet. Im taking it out monday to try it.
    very cool, here are some quick suggestions for ya:

**ALWAYS WEAR A SAFETY HARNESS**

1. try to get the straps around the tree as tight as possible, this will really help when you get higher in the tree and it starts getting more narrow, chances are if you have it on tight enough the tree stand will be at bout a 50 - 60 degree angle from the ground

2. when climbing take your time and make sure your stand bites in good before you go up again, normally the teeth will grip great but on some trees with shag bark it may not want to grip right.

3. Take a saw, branches suck

(Allegheny County)

It's a summit Viper. Looks like the SS or aluminum version. I just picked one up so Im looking at mine and they look identical. I had the older Summit Viper Classic as well, made of steel (much heavier), and the foot slats go in the opposite direction. Hope you got a good deal, I got mine on sale for 229.00

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NP1724 View Post
    It's a summit Viper. Looks like the SS or aluminum version. I just picked one up so Im looking at mine and they look identical. I had the older Summit Viper Classic as well, made of steel (much heavier), and the foot slats go in the opposite direction. Hope you got a good deal, I got mine on sale for 229.00
    Pretty sure the viper has the lift over your head front bar... doesn't it?