Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default The Internet Movie Firearms Database (IMFDb)

Just ran across this today and thought you guys, especially the film-buffs, would enjoy checking this out.

The Internet Movie Firearms Database (IMFDb)
    http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's like IMDB + wikipedia + guns. If some of you aces know the guns in movies not listed, feel free to create an account and add the info.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Default Re: The Internet Movie Firearms Database (IMFDb)

Dude, you rock. Thanks! Now I'll be up another hour looking up guns in different movies...

Hey guys thanks for the link - I run this site and have been updating most of the content myself - I hope you enjoy the site and please do contribute if you can. The guns of Heat is the latest complete page and is getting a lot of hits.

HighChild I like your avatar, the guns of Falling Down is definitely on the short list of movies to do next.

(Washington County)

Looks like you're off to a good start, but I found some errors on the Pulp Fiction page. According to this source - http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns/PulpFiction, Vincent carried an AO 1911 and Jules had the Star B 9mm. In the scene in the diner where Jules has his gun pointed at Ringo, you can see an external extractor, confirming that it's not a 1911. He also makes reference to "me and Mr. 9mm."

Here's a good resource on movie guns. http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns. LMO handled the sale of Stembridge's collection when they got out of the gun rental business, so they have first hand experience with what gun was used on what movie. I'd contact them for permission before you used any pictures off their site.

Here's one of the miningun from Predator and Terminator 2. This was the actual gun used in both films. The front of the handguard is signed "Harry Lu T-2 1991," as he was one of the SFX guys on that film. I took this picture when we had this gun in the collection at Allegheny Arms & Armor Museum in Smethport, PA. It has been sold since then. Feel free to use this picture on your site if you want. http://www.bloomautomatic.com/minigunallegheny.jpg

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bunni View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the link - I run this site and have been updating most of the content myself - I hope you enjoy the site and please do contribute if you can. The guns of Heat is the latest complete page and is getting a lot of hits.

HighChild I like your avatar, the guns of Falling Down is definitely on the short list of movies to do next.
    haha, awesome. You tracking traffic to your site or just checking links to it in google?

I think it's a great idea and an awesome site to follow up on.

/Looking forward to coverage of Falling Down
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Quote Originally Posted by bloomautomatic View Post
    Looks like you're off to a good start, but I found some errors on the Pulp Fiction page. According to this source - http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns/PulpFiction, Vincent carried an AO 1911 and Jules had the Star B 9mm. In the scene in the diner where Jules has his gun pointed at Ringo, you can see an external extractor, confirming that it's not a 1911. He also makes reference to "me and Mr. 9mm."

Here's a good resource on movie guns. http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns.

Bloom, thanks much! That site is a great resource - I'll work on that change if someone doesn't beat me to it. Now that I think about it I can't believe I forgot that "me and Mr. 9mm here" line.

So when do we get to start making requests Bunni? I'd really like to see what all I was right about and what all is in Sin City

Awesome idea you having going! I wish I was creative enough to think of something as neat as that. BRILLIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    So when do we get to start making requests Bunni? I'd really like to see what all I was right about and what all is in Sin City
    That's the great thing about a Wiki - anyone can edit, delete, and add to it. If you spotted a couple of the guns in Sin City go ahead and edit the Sin City page with the details - you don't need to have perfect formatting or upload any pictures because someone else can come along and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    Awesome idea you having going! I wish I was creative enough to think of something as neat as that. BRILLIANT!
    Thanks!

(Philadelphia County)

Just found out about www.imfdb.org and was going to post it, but did a search and found this thread. So, just bumping it up for those who missed it.