Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default I caught the "Chicken KILLER" ! ! ! ! ! ! !!

1 year ago I lost 9 chickens to a Killer fox, Well caught that one in a week,
    6 months ago I lost 15 little chicks to another fox, Looked different,,, That on got caught too....
    Then last week I lost 2 adult birds in 1 week, Saw that one too, Yet another fox,,,,,,,
    This one got caught in a live trap,,,,,
    So I had a sit down with him and explained that IF he came back I would kill him, No second chances,,,,

I believe he understood me so I took him some 50+ miles away and let him go........
    I think I am getting soft.
    Peter

Default Re: I caught the "Chicken KILLER" ! ! ! ! ! ! !!

yah maybe alil soft! but hey we cant kill everything!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

How did you get a red in a cage trap? Must be a suburban fox, these farmland ones I have are too wiley for a cage, but some are still stupid enough to step in a partially exposed foot trap if theres a bunch of stinky hay laying there with it.

I am waiting for the day a fox comes around the poultry and stands broadside at just the right spot and yardage so I can use it for target practice. Great quick draw and adrenaline response test. I will forever kick myself for being so stupid for so many years by not carrying at home. I once could have nailed a mangey fox that was killing a duck and was about 7 yards away, and I even had a rest for my wrists to steady my hands with. Another time a really stupid fox was pacing a fence in the front yard and had I been armed I could have nailed that one too, but when it saw me it started pacing more and more till it got to the end of the fence line and got away. 7 of my 3/4 grown guinea keets had just been killed by foxes. Now I always carry, and I won't cry using a $1.50 hp round on a fox either. I carry for all varmints small and large.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Montgomery County)

Pred-
    I'm glad to see you have a heart. They look too much like dogs for me to be able to kill.
    (rep sent)

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    1 year ago I lost 9 chickens to a Killer fox, Well caught that one in a week,
    6 months ago I lost 15 little chicks to another fox, Looked different,,, That on got caught too....
    Then last week I lost 2 adult birds in 1 week, Saw that one too, Yet another fox,,,,,,,
    This one got caught in a live trap,,,,,
    So I had a sit down with him and explained that IF he came back I would kill him, No second chances,,,,

I believe he understood me so I took him some 50+ miles away and let him go........
    Peter
    You should have dabbed a little paint on him so you could identify if he found his way home. I've read news articles about relocated black bear finding their way home that far in under 2 days.

I wonder if he has FPS (Foxy Positioning System).
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Philadelphia County)

[QUOTE=XD40coyote;844497]How did you get a red in a cage trap? Must be a suburban fox, these farmland ones I have are too wiley for a cage, but some are still stupid enough to step in a partially exposed foot trap if theres a bunch of stinky hay laying there with it.

I used a dead chicken for bait, And I was told that the trick to a live trap is to completely cover it except for the door, So I took some limbs from a YEW tree and covered the sides and rear so you could not see in the trap, Only the door had an opening. And at that it looked like a DEN!
    I have been baiting this trap for nearly a year and have only caught cats/coons/opossums and the occasional ground hog, All of which I have let go, OH and my Beagle 3 times as well, But the fox.... Not till now....
    If it looks like a cave, THey will be more interested in it, Otherwise I am told that if they can see through it they will try and pull things through the sides,
    The first trap I set more than a year ago had large enough openings on the bottom, And the trap was out in the open, The fox dug a hole under it and pulled the bait through the bottom,,,, That Fox I did get a few days later but not in a trap.
    Anyway, I doubt "Red" will be back here, He was dropped over 50 miles away in a very rural area with no houses anywhere near..... Just lots of open space, And concidering I am here on the Phila/Montgomery border, It would be tough to get across all the roads and highways to get back.....
    I still keep a very watchful eye at sunrise for predators,
    Good luck with your Foxes.
    I hear that Lion dung will keep them away...
    Peter

(Northampton County)

[QUOTE=pred;844683]
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Anyway, I doubt "Red" will be back here, He was dropped over 50 miles away in a very rural area with no houses anywhere near.....
    I hope not like 50 miles away in XD40coyote's direction, or next week we'll be reading about this "new" fox that turned up hangin' around her chicken coop. lol

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

heck my mother in law would kill him and wear him in style!!!

but only because he is a chicken killer though.

(Montgomery County)

what a cool looking animal. glad u relocated it. I'm with 1blindref on this 1. looks too much like a dog for me to shoot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post

... I took him some 50+ miles away and let him go........
    Peter
    I do the same with chipmunks who eat my tomatoes.
    But I don't drive 50 miles.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast