Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Reverse Trigger

(Westmoreland County)

Default Reverse Trigger

I'm headed to a family picnic this weekend, and we will incorporate some shooting into the festivities. I will be shooting a shotgun with a reverse trigger... apparently it helps with accuracy? Anyone want to clarify this for me? All I know is you pull the trigger, but you have to release it for it to go boom...

I'd prefer to not look like a total shotgun noob in front of my seasoned shotgun shooting in-laws!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Reverse Trigger

Can't say that I've shot a gun with one of those. Reverse or release triggers are an option on competition guns. I'm thinking that the idea is that everything is moving in the same direction from the mount to the shot. Again, I'm guessing at that - though it seems that a forward movement of the trigger finger would improve the "flow" of the shot. (just looked it up - has a lot to do with avoiding or correcting a flinch as the trigger is pulled. I guess that qualifies as flow)
    One element of release trigger use that I'd like to know is what do you do if you decide NOT to take the shot? How do you make the gun safe without shooting it once the trigger is pulled?
    BTW - surely this is a gun to keep away from the inexperienced. Can you imagine some one picking it up not knowing that it has a release trigger and attempting a shot. They pull the trigger and nothing but a little click. What they do next could be very surprising.
    I wonder....
    Pete
    check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PA7J...eature=related
    Last edited by Pete D.; August 4th, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

It's called a release trigger, trap guys use them alot.
    If you have never used one, I suggest ALOT of dry-fire practice, before any live rounds are attempted.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    It's called a release trigger, trap guys use them alot.
    If you have never used one, I suggest ALOT of dry-fire practice, before any live rounds are attempted.
    I've got a feeling my wife's uncle is gonna get some enjoyment out of seeing some of us back away from that gun!

(Allegheny County)

It's "Release" trigger. Not a fan. I've seen a few ND's on the trap range with these. Releasing a trigger eliminates some of the problems associated with pulling a trigger. Imagine mounting the shotgun, pulling the trigger, call for a bird, and holding the trigger while you track the bird, and release the trigger to fire.
    "Giving up freedom for security is beginning to look naďve".

In the case of an M-16, it's an indication of a broken fire control component.

After reading this, thread, I got an education on a legitimate use for it! [8^)
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html