Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Forces

(Carbon County)

Default Special Forces

I was watching Weaponology on the Military Channel and it is about the British SAS. They are saying that they are the best elite special force in the world. It got my thinking, just as an opinion, who do you guys think are the best special force in the world and why? The SAS, SEALs, Green Beret, Delta? I don't know too much about special forces and I was just wondering about them after watching the show.

Jim
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Special Forces

What else, the ZRT.

Armed, I am free.
    ZRT Sector 7 (Recon)
    A 3 percenter

(Dauphin County)

ZRT first,, after that Navy Seals there areno others!!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Carbon County)

I am sorry I forgot to add the ZRT. As we all know we are the best elite force, but not including us, who do you feel is the best special force?
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    ZRT first,, after that Navy Seals there areno others!!
    ROFL... SEALS... those poor squids can't land nav 50 meters from the beach... lol

I vote Delta, yeah the SAS are hardcore and rescued a bunch of hostages back in the day, but their government doesn't let them play anymore. Our Delta guys are doing stuff all around the world, as we speak.

Prime example: There was a joint task force in Iraq with Delta, SAS, and some other countries units; the SAS were used as intel gophers only, and our Delta guys did the heavy lifting.
    "The most dangerous thing in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass." -Unknown

(Chester County)

They are all baddasses and each have their strong points and weaknesses

It's a tossup to me. There are two candidates. The first is The People of the United States of America. No "special force" is as great as a nation of free and liberated people. The voting booth is the best weapon against tyranny that exists today, and an armed populace is the second best. A free population of thinking people can throw off any attempt at tyranny by an out of control government, and do it with ease.

For the second candidate for best "special forces," I'd have to say it's Al Qaida...

1) They don't have a huge government bureaucracy dictating how soldiers wipe their asses in the battlefield

2) They don't have silly little things like the Geneva Convention or International Rules of Warfare getting in their way

3) They have spirited and nearly limitless funding from multiple sources and a completely unified, single-party political base backing them up, and are therefore not simply pawns of whatever political party is in power at a given time

4) They are masters of improvisation, using just about anything as a weapon - from bottles of rubbing alcohol and nails to Boeing 747s.

5) Whether they live or die in battle, in their minds they have won. It's hard to defeat an enemy whose #1 priority is to die rather than to survive.

6) They have the world propaganda machine on their side (and not just their media. The entire world media is on their side)

So, when you think about it, Al Qaida really has it made. They're allowed to go anywhere, do anything, and have 100% limitless support behind them, and they can kill Americans anywhere, any time, despite the trillion dollars we've spent trying to stop them.

So, herein lies the problem. The free people of the United States are fighting a battle on two fronts - and that is a very difficult battle to win.

On one front, we are fighting Al Qaida and its extremist desire to kill us all. It is a force to be reckoned with. On the other front, we are fighting a tyrannical government that wishes to surrender us to the ideas held by Al Qaida and organizations like it. Our government envies the amount of control that the Al Qaida leadership has over its rank and file.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    It's a tossup to me. There are two candidates. The first is The People of the United States of America. No "special force" is as great as a nation of free and liberated people. The voting booth is the best weapon against tyranny that exists today, and an armed populace is the second best. A free population of thinking people can throw off any attempt at tyranny by an out of control government, and do it with ease.

For the second candidate for best "special forces," I'd have to say it's Al Qaida...

1) They don't have a huge government bureaucracy dictating how soldiers wipe their asses in the battlefield

2) They don't have silly little things like the Geneva Convention or International Rules of Warfare getting in their way

3) They have spirited and nearly limitless funding from multiple sources and a completely unified, single-party political base backing them up, and are therefore not simply pawns of whatever political party is in power at a given time

4) They are masters of improvisation, using just about anything as a weapon - from bottles of rubbing alcohol and nails to Boeing 747s.

5) Whether they live or die in battle, in their minds they have won. It's hard to defeat an enemy whose #1 priority is to die rather than to survive.

6) They have the world propaganda machine on their side (and not just their media. The entire world media is on their side)

So, when you think about it, Al Qaida really has it made. They're allowed to go anywhere, do anything, and have 100% limitless support behind them, and they can kill Americans anywhere, any time, despite the trillion dollars we've spent trying to stop them.

So, herein lies the problem. The free people of the United States are fighting a battle on two fronts - and that is a very difficult battle to win.

On one front, we are fighting Al Qaida and its extremist desire to kill us all. It is a force to be reckoned with. On the other front, we are fighting a tyrannical government that wishes to surrender us to the ideas held by Al Qaida and organizations like it. Our government envies the amount of control that the Al Qaida leadership has over its rank and file.
    The NSA is recording all of this... lol... good luck
    "The most dangerous thing in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass." -Unknown

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post

And yet they continue to get their asses handed to them regularly on the battlefield by the likes of your average "grunt" to the pakistani "army", their plots called out and foiled by FBI and the like. They also wipe their asses with their hands. I fail to see how they are "special" in any way. Savages maybe.

Al Qaida is only really good for target practice. Their only means of success are ambush attacks using improvised explosive devices and then to flee into the mountains or to target civilians to include women and children.

Our military has already proved that they can be easily defeated. If politics and touchy feel good peacenics wouldn't get in the way, they'd be dead already. We had a clear shot at killing bin laden but it was foiled by politics and chickenshit afghans.
    Last edited by arrrrgh15; August 5th, 2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    They are all baddasses and each have their strong points and weaknesses
    What he said. They each play a role and are used to complete specific missions. Some better suited than the others depending on the situation.

However, if I had to consider who has the potential to cause the most destruction and alter the situation on a battlefield I'd probably have to give the nod towards U.S. Army Special Forces for their ability to take a rag-tag group of locals and turn them into an effective fighting force. From just a few guys, to a small army.

Keep in mind these special forces don't do it alone. Intel, air support, and all the other assets that are used to help them out along the way.

I've never believed in an "Army of One".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast