Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Millvale Sportsmens Club

    Anyone here a member of Millvale Sportsmen's Club? I just moved about three miles away and want to check it out.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    down side of up, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    740

    Default Re: Millvale Sportsmens Club

    I almost became a member, then the spouses had a falling out and i haven't heard from the prospective sponsor. I heard its a nice place, lots of activities, but, lots of politics involved. Just use it for what its there for and don't get too involved was the advice given to me. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

    Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Millvale Sportsmens Club

    Check out Northside Sportsmens Association. Right down the street from Millvale. I go to both. Northside is a better club.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    No idea, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: Millvale Sportsmens Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ems View Post
    Check out Northside Sportsmens Association. Right down the street from Millvale. I go to both. Northside is a better club.
    Thanks a boatload for that info. I'm in that area and am just about ready to join a place and NSSA looks nice. No indoor pistol range though? Makes for a long winter....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Millvale Sportsmens Club

    Quote Originally Posted by piste View Post
    Thanks a boatload for that info. I'm in that area and am just about ready to join a place and NSSA looks nice. No indoor pistol range though? Makes for a long winter....
    You can always come up and shoot indoor 3D archery with us during the winter time. Its a blast! Thursday evenings starting in November if I remember correctly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Millvale Sportsmens Club

    Steve,

    I am a member & on the board of directors at Millvale Sportsmen's Club Inc. You could feel free to contact me with any questions you have. If you'd like to meet or attend any of our activities, I'd be happy to give you a tour. Let me know.

    Annual Gun Bash September 12 from 12-6:30
    $30.00 a ticket with all the food you can eat & beer you can drink
    Catered by Monteverde catering.

    We have Pistol League(open to the Public):

    Today 5:30-8:30 at the rifle range ($4 Non-member)
    August 29 2-4
    September 19 2-4

    Trap League(open to the Public):

    Every Wednesday Night 5-10:30
    Every Sunday 9-3

    Skeet League(open to the Public):

    Every Tuesday 5-10
    Every Saturday 9-12
    Every Sunday 9-3

    Michele Colville
    Education & Entertainment Director
    MSCI (724)935-9963
    http://www.millvalesportsmens.org

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Re: Millvale Sportsmens Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Shele184 View Post
    Steve,

    I am a member & on the board of directors at Millvale Sportsmen's Club Inc. You could feel free to contact me with any questions you have. If you'd like to meet or attend any of our activities, I'd be happy to give you a tour. Let me know.

    Annual Gun Bash September 12 from 12-6:30
    $30.00 a ticket with all the food you can eat & beer you can drink
    Catered by Monteverde catering.

    We have Pistol League(open to the Public):

    Today 5:30-8:30 at the rifle range ($4 Non-member)
    August 29 2-4
    September 19 2-4

    Trap League(open to the Public):

    Every Wednesday Night 5-10:30
    Every Sunday 9-3

    Skeet League(open to the Public):

    Every Tuesday 5-10
    Every Saturday 9-12
    Every Sunday 9-3

    Michele Colville
    Education & Entertainment Director
    MSCI (724)935-9963
    http://www.millvalesportsmens.org
    pm sent.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    44
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    38151

    Default Re: Millvale Sportsmens Club

    Millvale is a nice place, it has it's plusses and minuses just like any other place. I don't know about the politics, I've never encountered any of that. It's a real nice group of people, in my experience.
    As Shele184 already said, there's several public events during the week, just head up, by yourself or with a friend. Let one of the director's know you're new/a guest and they'll show you around.
    After going to the public event's for a while, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding someone to sponsor you.
    I live very close by, and I'd offer to take you up, but my schedule is very hectic right now. I haven't made it to the range for about 2 months. But, when/if things ease up for me, I'll shoot you a PM and see if you're still interested.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Re: Millvale Sportsmens Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ham385 View Post
    Millvale is a nice place, it has it's plusses and minuses just like any other place. I don't know about the politics, I've never encountered any of that. It's a real nice group of people, in my experience.
    As Shele184 already said, there's several public events during the week, just head up, by yourself or with a friend. Let one of the director's know you're new/a guest and they'll show you around.
    After going to the public event's for a while, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding someone to sponsor you.
    I live very close by, and I'd offer to take you up, but my schedule is very hectic right now. I haven't made it to the range for about 2 months. But, when/if things ease up for me, I'll shoot you a PM and see if you're still interested.
    Thanks. I completely understand about being busy. I haven't been to the range (PMSC) in almost 6 months. Please pm me when you think you might go, I might tag along.

Similar Threads

  1. Library Sportsmens Club
    By Fast_Lambert in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 19th, 2012, 08:05 PM
  2. Factoryville Sportsmens club IDPA
    By reichebrown in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 9th, 2008, 08:29 AM
  3. coraopolis sportsmens club
    By C1027 in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: March 31st, 2008, 10:23 PM
  4. Northern Chester County Sportsmens Club
    By billamj in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
  5. Northern Chester County Sportsmens Club
    By billamj in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 4th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops