Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default my wife got a call from the Du Bois Mayor??!!

my wife sent an e-mail to the director of recreation to find out about kids programs. On friday she recieved a v-mail from the Mayor. Is it an election year or is the mayor that involved w/the public?

what do you think of "Herm"?

I live in a small town about the same size of Du Bois, but have never recieved any contact from the mayor.

how are the locals about OC and CC?

How is the local economy?

now the wierd question,......are there fireflys? i love fireflys.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: my wife got a call from the Du Bois Mayor??!!

I met the DuBois Mayor in 2007 when my best friend's mom's parked car was hit buy some girl doing 65mph in a narrow blind alley, blowing across a busy road. ...alley didn't have a stop sign. He, the Mayor, helped push getting a stop sign on the alley. He's a personable guy. Friendly.

Economy in DuBois is about the same across the state. DuBois is slowly turning from a small manufacturing city to a service/retail city.

OC and CC is pretty friendly. Strange looks from some, never had the cops called on me. They used to hold a Tom Mixx festival where EVERYONE was openly carrying six shooters and leverguns.

Housing is relatively cheap compared to big cities.

(Mercer County)

It is not unusual for political officials in Smalltown PA to interact with "the citizens." After all, most are just regular folks who volunteer for the positions. The big cities have paid political positions where people start to close themselves off in their self-made towers.

(Jefferson County)

I forget to reply about the fireflies..

There are fireflies throughout PA and countless other states from Florida to well into Canada. However they are only around a couple weeks, to at max a month, before doing whatever they do(die, migrate, etc,etc). Here in this area we are on the tail end of the lightning bug season.

(Clearfield County)

I've had issues with the PD in Du Bois regarding OC. Even after admitting they had their training, the one guy knew the training info (and didn't give a shit about my rights/the law), the other admitted he had the training, but apparently he forgot 100% of it. I don't know how that compares to the other officers.

Yes we have fireflies.

My contact with Du Bois officials has been limited to the 2 officers who responded to the "man with a gun" call and a letter from the code enforcement officer because my grass on the one side of my property was > 6 inches.

One nice thing is our state rep, Matt Gabler, seems to be pro-gun. I don't really know the economy and so forth. I work as a sub contractor doing computer type stuff from home for a company located far away from here. Crime seems low, people generally friendly, typical small rural area type of a place.

Also there's an indoor range. Allows rimfire rifles and non-magnum centerfire pistols. Only $40/year, shoot anytime you want day/night/whenever.