Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default A few FEDERAL proposed gun laws

Kim Stolfer sent these over.

New updates on Federal Stuff!

Read the fine print on the bills to see what "and for other purposes" includes, anything with Senator Feinstein name on about guns should say enough.

http://www.thomas.gov/

HR 3381 Rep. George Miller [D-CA7] To amend the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 to establish additional prohibitions on shooting wildlife from aircraft, and for other purposes.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400278

S 1535 Sen. Dianne Feinstein [D-CA] A bill to amend the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 to establish additional prohibitions on shooting wildlife from aircraft, and for other purposes.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=300043

H Con. Resolution 173 Rep. Rodney Alexander [R-LA5] Expressing the sense of the Congress that the Federal Government should not levy any additional taxes on firearms or firearm ammunition during the current economic hardship.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400006

Expressing the sense of the Congress that the Federal Government should not levy any additional taxes on firearms or firearm ammunition during the current economic hardship.

Whereas the constitutional right to keep and bear arms conferred by the Second Amendment is essential to the defense of the United States, the maintenance of liberty, and the suppression of tyranny;

Whereas the Supreme Court ruled, in District of Columbia v. Heller, that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self-defense and the defense of others;

Whereas infringement of the right to keep and bear arms would place individual citizens and the United States as a whole at the mercy of threats both foreign and domestic;

Whereas levying taxes on firearms and firearm ammunition would place additional financial burden on law-abiding citizens during our current economic hardship;

Whereas during the current economic crisis, the Federal Government should not place additional burdens on law-abiding citizens by arbitrarily levying taxes of firearms or firearm ammunition in an attempt to restrict an individual’s right to bear arms; and

Whereas law-abiding citizens have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms free from harassment and intimidation: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of the Congress that the Federal Government should not levy any additional taxes on the sale of firearms or firearm ammunition during the current economic hardship.

Default Re: A few FEDERAL proposed gun laws

Well I'm not sure we need an amendment for something that as far as I know is already against the law (shooting game from an aircraft)

I do like the other one though ... too many damn taxes on guns and ammo already

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well I'm not sure we need an amendment for something that as far as I know is already against the law (shooting game from an aircraft)
    I think this one is a special jab at Sarah Palin, as they DO hunt wolves from helicopter in AK.

The dems made a big deal about sensationalizing this during the election.

(Luzerne County)

Leave it to politicians to take the one business that is thriving in todays economy and add more taxes to it. Are they trying to drive everyone over the edge.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the heads up.

(Susquehanna County)

I do like the other one though ... too many damn taxes on guns and ammo already
    I agree I like the last one but in other states hunting from aircraft is allowed would like to see it banned. Give the game a chance

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]
    H Con. Resolution 173 Rep. Rodney Alexander [R-LA5] Expressing the sense of the Congress that the Federal Government should not levy any additional taxes on firearms or firearm ammunition during the current economic hardship.
    This should have absolutely NOTHING to do with the "current economic hardship." By stating it as such it potentially opens up a way in for some pinko a few years from now, after the economy has recovered (is that optimism?), so say something like, "the 'economic hardship' is over, so now let's tax guns & ammo."

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    I agree I like the last one but in other states hunting from aircraft is allowed would like to see it banned. Give the game a chance
    Honestly? I really see no freaking reason for hunting from an aircraft ... I mean seriously, I enjoy hunting as much as the next person BUT hunting is 'man against beast' ... flying around with a high powered weapon, to me, is like shooting fish in a barrel. Takes ALL the challenge out of it and the (for lack of a better term) primal hunting instincts out of it. Dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned but I always thought 'hunting' was a back to our roots thing.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    Leave it to politicians to take the one business that is thriving in todays economy and add more taxes to it. Are they trying to drive everyone over the edge.
    Is there any doubt? It is clearly a goal of the guy in the White House to destroy the economy so he can remake it the way he wants it built around government dependency and preferential treatment.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I think this one is a special jab at Sarah Palin, as they DO hunt wolves from helicopter in AK.

The dems made a big deal about sensationalizing this during the election.
    The dems would have made a big deal if she had accidentally let out a juicy fart that required her to change her underwear.

Honestly? I really see no freaking reason for hunting from an aircraft ... I mean seriously, I enjoy hunting as much as the next person BUT hunting is 'man against beast' ... flying around with a high powered weapon, to me, is like shooting fish in a barrel. Takes ALL the challenge out of it and the (for lack of a better term) primal hunting instincts out of it. Dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned but I always thought 'hunting' was a back to our roots thing.
    While I agree with your definition of hunting 100%, shooting animals from an aircraft isn't meant to be done for a challenge, but more as a means of controlling the wildlife population. "Hunting" simply sounds better to the general population then exterminating.

Though...I knew a guy who was a helicopter gunner in vietnam, and he said the 'fish in the barrel' analogy was a bit off...."Harder then the movies make it look" was pretty much all he said about the issue.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast