Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Bill of Rights Question.

here is my question: It is my understanding that originally 12 Amendments were proposed as a Bill of Rights. Of these, 10 were passed as the "Bill of Rights", and one became the 27th Amendment after languishing for 203 years. What was the 12th proposed amendment?

(Allegheny County)

Smile Re: Bill of Rights Question.

apportionment article 1 on how many representives were to be in the government.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Bill of Rights Question.

Welcome to the web.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Bill_of_Rights

Proposed amendments not passed with Bill of Rights

* Article I – Apportionment.

After the enumeration required by the first article of the Constitution, there shall be one representative for every thirty thousand, until the number shall amount to one hundred, after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than one hundred representatives, nor less than one representative for every forty thousand persons, until the number of representatives shall amount to two hundred; after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than two hundred representatives, nor more than one representative for every fifty thousand persons.

* Article II (ratified in 1992 as Twenty-seventh Amendment) – Congressional pay raises.

No law varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.

(Lancaster County)

The 27th Amendment is virtually useless without term limits and doing away with gerrymandering.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    The 27th Amendment is virtually useless without term limits and doing away with gerrymandering.
    Lack of term limits and the gerrymandering are abominations.

I have a Ridley Park address, but my home falls into the Ridley Township district. I am bordered on all sides by Ridley Park. The borough is repaving the roads around my area, but the township is not. About 6 doors to the left is newly paved road. About two blocks to the right is repaved road. How the hell am I no included with my freaking neighbors in a voting district?

This shit has been pissing me off since I had to retract my application to be on a ballot. The constant gerrymandering only serves to help those in power remain in power and to keep political outsiders from entering the arena of politics. I am not part of the DelCo GOP machine and I can garuntee there will be no hand extended to me since I have made clear that I am no moderate.

This is one thing that just really pisses me off.

(Perry County)

Thank you for the information, not sure why I didn't ut in Wickipedia? It seems that congress must have taken on itself to do the apportionment.