Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Little gems from the Health Care Bill

This shit is scary.....

This basically pulls out the bad stuff in the bills and makes it easy for the average Joe to understand... =)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2300451/posts

-or-

full version of the bill with all the CRAP pointed out:

http://www.liberty.edu/media/9980/at...ama_072909.pdf

• Page 16: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not available, you will be required to take the gov option!
    • Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
    • Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
    • Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
    • Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
    • Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
    • Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
    • Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
    • Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
    • Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
    • Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
    • Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
    • Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
    • Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
    • Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
    • Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
    • Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
    • Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
    • Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll <>BR • Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
    • Page 167: Any individual who doesnt' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
    • Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
    • Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
    • Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.
    • Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected."
    • Page 241: Doctors: no matter what speciality you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
    • Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
    • Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
    • Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
    • Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
    • Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
    • Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
    • Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies!
    • Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
    • Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
    • Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
    • Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
    • Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
    • Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
    • Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
    • Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
    • Page 425: Goverment provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
    • Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
    • Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
    • Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
    • Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
    • Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
    • Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
    • Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services.
    Last edited by andrewjs18; August 2nd, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Berks County)

Default Re: Little gems from the Health Care Bill

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    This shit is scary.....
    No no no man, you got it all wrong. See, this is how Change works. In time, you'll understand.

And if you don't understand, we'll just make you understand, since the govt will have direct and unquestioned control of your medications, prescriptions, and treatments. A little Scopolamine with your blood pressure medications should bring you around to our point of view.

And if not, well, that's why we have those convenient End of Life Orders.

Remember, we're from the government, we're here to help.

The 1017 page sleeping pill in its entirety:
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...=f:h3200ih.pdf

Was a bit suspicious of the brief summary at first, but I ran through the first few excerpts and it seems accurate. Really don't know what to say. Just some really troubling stuff.

(Delaware County)

only thing we can do is call our Reps and voice our opinion...flood them with calls and emails.

Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    The 1017 page sleeping pill in its entirety:
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...=f:h3200ih.pdf

Was a bit suspicious of the brief summary at first, but I ran through the first few excerpts and it seems accurate. Really don't know what to say. Just some really troubling stuff.

(Bucks County)

It's ALL about control, little about Health care. And just like "Clunkers" will cost ten times what they tell you. It will not reduce cost at all, it will increase it ten fold and that's why it will be rationed (meaning especially if you're old you're SOL)
    Last edited by PocketProtector; August 2nd, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

(Beaver County)

from the end of pg 29/beginning of page 30...

22 (3) MINIMUM ACTUARIAL VALUE.—
    23 (A) IN GENERAL.—The cost-sharing under
    24 the essential benefits package shall be designed
    25 to provide a level of coverage that is designed
    1 to provide benefits that are actuarially equiva
    2 lent to approximately 70 percent of the full ac
    3 tuarial value of the benefits provided under the
    4 reference benefits package described in sub
    5 paragraph (B).
    best I can make of this gibberish is they are going to only pay 70% of what a normal (reference benefits package) plan would pay (so hospital bills for $100 they pay $70 and tell hospital to go pound salt for the rest), or they're only going to provide 70% of the coverage of the normal plan (so 30% of the things people need to see a doc for will be denied and no doctors visit takes place)

so let's see what the "reference benefits package" is

6 (B) REFERENCE BENEFITS PACKAGE DE
    7 SCRIBED.—The reference benefits package de
    8 scribed in this subparagraph is the essential
    9 benefits package if there were no cost-sharing
    10 imposed.
    umm....ok, so "the reference benefits package" that's described in sub-paragraph B is described as "the essential benefits package"? so they changed one word and used the new phrase as the definition of the old one? (and yes I'm overlooking the "if there were no cost-sharing imposed" part because this section is SUPPOSED TO DEFINE THE PACKAGE WITHOUT COST SHARING)

sigh...forgot to wrap my head in duct tape before reading the bill...if anyone finds any of the pieces please mail them back to me

btw, if I'm misunderstanding or misreading this section, somebody please tell me so I'm not forced to believe that our elected officials are the biggest collection of idiots known to mankind

(Philadelphia County)

I particularly like this stuff from page 880:

18 ‘‘(d) PREFERENCE.—In awarding grants or contracts
    19 under this section, the Secretary shall give preference to
    20 entities that have a demonstrated record of the following:

21 ‘‘(1) Training the greatest percentage, or sig
    22nificantly improving the percentage, of health care
    23 professionals who provide primary care.

1 ‘‘(2) Training individuals who are from under
    represented minority groups or disadvantaged back
    grounds.

4 ‘‘(3) A high rate of placing graduates in prac5
    tice settings having the principal focus of serving in
    6 underserved areas or populations experiencing health
    7 disparities (including serving patients eligible for
    8 medical assistance under title XIX of the Social Se
    curity Act or for child health assistance under title
    10 XXI of such Act or those with special health care
    11 needs).
    12 ‘‘(4) Supporting teaching programs that ad
    dress the health care needs of vulnerable popu
    lations.

So basically merit is replaced by skin color. Hmmmm...sounds familiar. Think that's called racism.

(Chester County)

Thank you for posting this. I have been telling the guys at work that this plan is bad but all they keep saying is how this plan will give everyone health care to which I ask at what price.

One guy thinks that this plan will give his sister good health care because she has a preexisting problem (hearing loss in one ear that can be or needs to be treated) and her present health care provider told her that they will pay nothing for this. Now he believes that this new plan will take care of this issue for her. I tried to tell him that this new plan will only help the affected hearing if she losses hearing in the good ear. He doesn't what to hear this as CHANGE is a good thing.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Lehigh County)

Surprising that this hasn't already been voted on.... I mean, Didn't NObama promise to post these things BEFORE they went up for vote? (at least we get to see and plead with our "leadership" not to vote for this crap)

What a turd this bill is... I sure as hell cant decipher 1017 pages of manure.

(Delaware County)

I'm not a health care type person, but nothing from what I read seems to help any....

People are getting sick of the govt trying to control our lives and are finally revolting and letting their reps have it!!

We definitely need our voices heard on this, so do everything you can to get your words out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast