I joined HH&A back in June and have been getting a lot of use out of their ranges. I've been shooting for about 5 years now but so far all of it has been at ranges. I'm looking to get into the world of hunting but am still wet behind the ears. As a kid I always wanted to go, but my family had no experienced hunters to show me the ropes.

I'm completely new to hunting but am a very good shot and know a lot about firearms, firearm safety, shooting, etc. I just finished the PA Hunter's Education Safety course today, and now I'm looking for someone that I can shadow closely and learn from - this upcoming Deer season. I joined HH&A in June not only for the range, but in hopes of meeting someone, or a group of people, who I could become friends with and take me under their wing and teach me how to hunt. Not necessarily Deer, but all PA Game - deer to start though seeing as how that is the closest season coming up.

I know to some people hunting is second nature and I may get laughed at for posting this, but that's okay. Since I've been reading this forum (also for a few months now) most of what I have seen is a group of helpful and encouraging people who are willing to explain things to those that want to learn.

Most of the people I have talked to about taking me under their wing said they already have kids they are teaching, or are hunting on private land and can't take guests, etc. They have suggested talking to people at HH&A or at my work. I work in a white collar office and needless to say I don't think many of the people there hunt - I know some fish...

I'm at a point now where just having gotten my Hunter's Education Certificate I can buy a license - but do not know where to go from here. I'm planning on showing up at the HH&A meeting this Tuesday and voicing my request, maybe I'll get lucky and meet someone who will take me on. However, if anyone here would be willing to help me that would make my day.

Anyone who knows what they're doing and wouldn't mind passing on their knowledge please let me know. I mention hunting partner in my link too because I would plan to continue to hunt with my teacher well after learning what I'm doing (which may or may not take that long, haha).