Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Liberty Bell / Philly

I am planning a day trip to see some places of interest in Philly. I have a PA CCW permit. Is Independence Hall / Liberty Bell area a Federal site or is it private? The reason being is can I carry in these areas?

Default Re: Liberty Bell / Philly

Quote Originally Posted by saltz1979 View Post
    I am planning a day trip to see some places of interest in Philly. I have a PA CCW permit. Is Independence Hall / Liberty Bell area a Federal site or is it private? FEDERALThe reason being is can I carry in these areas?NO
    I'll let the other folks correct you about the "CCW" (lord knows at least 5 will do it).
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

(Allegheny County)

Make sure you carry extra "clips" as I hear Philly is a dangerous place

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Bucks County)

Last time i was there...within last 2 yrs...both Bell pavilion and Independence Hall had walk thru metal detectors and security checking bags.

I am planning a day trip to see some places of interest in Philly. I have a PA CCW permit. LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARMS. WE IN PENNSYLVANIA ARE LICENSED, NOT PERMITTED. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE. REALLY. REALLY THERE IS. DON'T ASK ME WHAT THOUGH. Is Independence Hall / Liberty Bell area a Federal site or is it private? FEDERAL. THE LIBERTY BELL AND INDEPENDANCE HALL ARE INTEGRAL PARTS OF AMERICAN HISTORY, NOT JUST PHILADELPHIAN HISTORY.The reason being is can I carry in these areas?NO CARRY ON FEDERAL PROPERTY
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    I'll let the other folks correct you about the "CCW" (lord knows at least 5 will do it).
    Got him for ya, following in your footsteps of all caps red bold. It feels good to yell.

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    Got him for ya, following in your footsteps of all caps red bold. It feels good to yell.

Its so boring if you don't yell

Isn't that, like Valley Forge under the National Park (Dept of Interior) banner which would make it legal now to carry there due to the 'new' law fro National Parks
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Adams County)

Thanks for the replies. I do understand what I am asking so all of you who like to reply in ALL CAPS AND RED, BLUE, OR WHATEVER just take it easy. This is a great forum and should be available for all law abiding citizens of not only the state of PA but for our other citizens in other states.

Thanks for the replies. I do understand what I am asking so all of you who like to reply in ALL CAPS AND RED, BLUE, OR WHATEVER just take it easy. This is a great forum and should be available for all law abiding citizens of not only the state of PA but for our other citizens in other states.
    For the record, the reason I put mine in red caps, is simple: my reply was INSIDE your quote and I did that to stand my answers out. Was nothing against your question at all. I am not one of the folks here he get all worked up when someone asks a question that has been answer a million times or calls a LTCF a permit (I honestly could careless what you call it). Heck if folks didn't ask questions over and over, we'd have nothing to talk about

Yep this is a good forum and should be available to all (actually it is, we have many from other states here).

(Lebanon County)

The difference between a license and a permit is that a permit is special dispensation to perform a generally prhibited activity. Where as a license indicates that you are qualified to perform a non prohibited activity.

In other words in New York and New Jersey where no one is allowed to carry a few select special individuals with enough money and connections may be permitted to.

In Pennsylvania where everyone not prohibited has a right to carry firearms a license indicates that you are qualified to do so concealed, in a vehicle, in a city of the first class, and during a declared state of emergency. You can also be loaned a firearm.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast