Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Ladies Headcount - Show the world this isn't a "guys only" club!

What is all this talk about strong/self sufficient/confident/etc females and whether it is a good thing or not????

In a pride of Lions, isn't it the females who hunt, care for and protect the pride, while the male just impregnates the females and fights off other males who come along to attempt to take his harem? Lions know how it should be. (except while a lion gets a harem, the one woman I am lucky enough to have is plenty for me)
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I think a bunch of men here feel threatened by me, just as local hunters may possibly be the same. If I was a man I think I would get alot more taxidermy work to do. Heck I think I got a game warden to get his panties in a bunch. He was all nice that day he caught me here at home OCing, but a few weeks later there he is trying to pull some BS on me, making up crap, saying I wasn't checking my traps for 2 days, and when I called him out about the snow melting fast and erasing my tracks, he tried to pull some crap out about the "snow wasn't melting that fast!", which was BS. I still got a warning ticket, I guess for being a mouthy independant and intelligent woman. At least he knew his limitations and didn't try any illegal BS like patting me down for weapons. He still had to have 2 other game wardens there with him though LOL! Oh gosh I am soooo dangerous and everything! I hate to think that was about a big "man" feeling threatened by me wearing a loaded pistol at home. It's all really stupid! But I don't know any other reason for the harrassment over the trap checking. I mean they have better things to do, right? The reason for the BS may have gone deeper, as something was going on with that farm last season, and someone else may have been spreading crap about me to where it got the interest of the game wardens. Pick on the woman, easier target.
    LOL, I am a woman...

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post
    I had shared the pic of me from the weekend shoot with the M1A and I was told by a man "damn you're the kind of woman that scares men". WHAT??
    I asked him about it to break it down just WHAT was so scary. To "him" it was the combo of the BIG GUN, my physical stature (you can see my muscle definition) and my comfort in my own skin. Apparently women with confidence make a man think "she won't be interested in ... whatever".
    Let me tell you, this whole line from him shocked me. I don't think a single guy on HERE would be afraid of speaking to me.
    He says guys prefer women to be 'soft' and easy to approach and I am not. WTF??????
    Good thing I am married and hubster loves me for who I am. Muscles and all.
    Geeze, you aren't even wearing camo, tacticool stuff, or even pants for that matter. What in heck is so scary? Had that been me and all slender again, I'd probably be wearing black tacticool pants and a camo cut off sleeve shirt ( to show off my muscles of course LOL), plus my bullet casing wristbands and choker. I guess I would scare EVERY man with a little weenie LOL! And be called a **** too no doubt...
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Bucks County)

He's a gun owner which is why I shared the pic. He's a friend but I wouldn't call him a "good friend", he's also in our karate club. I don't think I walk around acting like I have another appendage between my legs. I also dont walk around looking like the next victim.
    Sorry to have detoured this thread. Back to the Ladies headcount.
    Lady Beretta, keep doing what you're doing. There is nothing wrong with the picture and there is nothing wrong with you.

(Butler County)

Siobhra-Thread inspirer
    JeannieBMine
    LadyBeretta
    Michelle
    SheFearsNothing
    MrsPAPatriot
    Kimba
    MrsMtnJack
    MomTeacherFarmerHunter
    GunPowderandLead
    ShesCountry
    LilEMT
    Siggirl
    Agirlandagun
    Tootie
    Spyro825
    AnnieOakley
    Corey
    MrsRenegadePheonix
    Colagrrl
    MommaC
    XD40Coyote
    MadamRaven
    Mrs Curmudgeon
    Dagny
    Mrs87thPVI-by proxy
    mangeldbug
    Mrs.38snubfan
    slainte
    DiveGerry
    RYB44
    LisaA
    Caa2003
    Broom Rider
    Slicknick131
    shelly66
    blueeyedbyrd
    RebeccaV
    Mrs. T.Fly
    BroncoBitch
    04LiquidS
    Destiny
    DegaDoo72
    KristieH
    I'm armed
    GunGoddess85-PAFOA's unofficial spokes-model
    Notenoughammo
    SixPotBudge
    blue drgn-- whoo hoo-New member

Welcome to the forum.

We are up to 49.

(Lebanon County)

This thread certainly changed directions. LOL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by AgirlAndAgun View Post
    Most threads on this board do.
    Keep it up ladies.

LadyB, nothing wrong with that pic except maybe lean a bit forward, raise the elbow and place the buttstock into the hollow of your shoulder.

Most of us enjoy seeing you ladies shoulder an AR or rip a few rounds downrange with an assortment of hardware.

I wish Mrs27 and Sweetie27 could be added to your list but they are non gun people.

Women usually advance more quickly than men in firearms classes. The rangemaster stated the reason. Women are not "testosterone impaired".

It was funny at the time but as i kept training , I came to realize it was true.

Keep shooting ladies but get some professional training to learn proper technique. This applies to you guys reading this as well.

27Gofor100hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    I'm in the ZRT but they have to ask DC if there will be any pics of me hanging on someones wall, that is if they would even want them.

You know gals I was just posting about the Pittsburgh shooting and this thought came to mind. How many times have we read from someone in a relationship thread that they should throw her ass out. Kick her to the curb. The B**** ain't worth your time. Show the whore the door and much nastier things that I can't remember right now.

Maybe it's these postings that other women read and go away. Maybe we need to start reporting the nasty comments made about women that seem to pop up every so often. Kinda scary if you think about it, that some (like I said before, by no means all) of the guys here have that same hatred for women and spew it on this board.
    I wouldn't say no to your pic in the calender.

It's not only women who get offended by stupid comments made by some of the women hating members on here. I seriously dislike comments like that.

Growing up with two sisters, my mom and most of my friends being female, I tend to be rather protective against stuff like that. Don't get my wrong, I am all for women who can protect themselves without my help. I find that trait rather attractive.

It's just my "old school" chauvanist side that wants to protect them.

I had shared the pic of me from the weekend shoot with the M1A and I was told by a man "damn you're the kind of woman that scares men". WHAT??
    I asked him about it to break it down just WHAT was so scary. To "him" it was the combo of the BIG GUN, my physical stature (you can see my muscle definition) and my comfort in my own skin. Apparently women with confidence make a man think "she won't be interested in ... whatever".
    Let me tell you, this whole line from him shocked me. I don't think a single guy on HERE would be afraid of speaking to me.
    He says guys prefer women to be 'soft' and easy to approach and I am not. WTF??????
    Good thing I am married and hubster loves me for who I am. Muscles and all.
    Confident women tend to scare men who pretend to be confident tough guys. They also tend to be the ones most frequently making degrading comments about women in order to make themselves feel bigger.

I met you Saturday. Nothing scary about you.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Oh.. you are just shooting. To generate a "you scare me" response, I kinda figured you must have been striking some kind of fierce pose or something.

It is a nice pic, though!
    I was thinking some sort of she-Rambo Amazon kinda picture. Nothing out of the ordinary in that pic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AgirlAndAgun View Post
    It didn't really change direction. Yes there is a list of the women on the board but read the title.

Ladies Headcount - Show the world this isn't a "guys only" club!

It's also a discussion of what women have seen or may see on this board that might influence whether or not to join.

Some of the stuff I've seen has probably scared off a number of potential women members.

(Chester County)

Smile Hello from Exton, Pennsylvania!

Good evening.

Mikey suggested that I add my name to this growing list. So, my name is Lisa and I'm another woman on PAFOA. I've been collecting SIGs since 1994. My regular concealed carry SIG is a P230SL .380 ACP in a Galco S-O-B holster.

I was last trained in combat tactical pistol shooting at COMTAC in Western Pennsylvania in June 1999. Unfortunately, the school shut down in 2004.

My favorite SIG to shoot is my P226 9mm w/SIGLITE night sights and walnut grips. It's very easy to shoot and I consistently get tight groups with it at the range.

The most powerful SIG I have is the P220 .45 ACP w/walnut grips. It has a heck of a kick to it.

Some of my other SIGs include:
    • P226 .357 SIG — Delaware State Police Commemorative Edition (mine is #122 out of 200 produced.) The trigger, hammer, decocking lever and some other parts are gold tone,
    • P232SL .380 AUTO, which is a back-up to my P230SL,
    • Another P230 chambered in .32 AUTO,
    • P225 9mm -- a really nice compact 9mm,
    • P228 9mm Two-Tone w/SIGLITE Night Sights,
    • P229 .40 S&W Two-Tone,
    • P239 9mm w/SIGLITE Night Sights, and
    • P245 .45 ACP Two-Tone w/SIGLITE Night Sights.

I purchased a new Auto-Ordnance Thompson 1927A-1 T-1 configuration .45 ACP rifle on Monday. It came with both a 30-round stick magazine and a 50-round drum. I haven't fired it yet, but as soon as the ammunition I ordered for it arrives, we have a date at the firing range.

I'm planning to purchase a pair of Crimson Trace laser grips for my carry P230SL soon. I've been waiting for years for Crimson Trace to make a pair of laser grips for the P230. I can't wait to get them.

(Northampton County)

Welcome to the nuthouse. I'm sure Kimber will be happy to add you to the list as female member #50

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast