Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ladies Headcount - Show the world this isn't a "guys only" club!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post
    I had shared the pic of me from the weekend shoot with the M1A and I was told by a man "damn you're the kind of woman that scares men". WHAT??
    I asked him about it to break it down just WHAT was so scary. To "him" it was the combo of the BIG GUN, my physical stature (you can see my muscle definition) and my comfort in my own skin. Apparently women with confidence make a man think "she won't be interested in ... whatever".
    Let me tell you, this whole line from him shocked me. I don't think a single guy on HERE would be afraid of speaking to me.
    He says guys prefer women to be 'soft' and easy to approach and I am not. WTF??????
    Good thing I am married and hubster loves me for who I am. Muscles and all.
    Maybe it was something about the photography that was scary. You should post a link so we can analyze the picture
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Monroe County)

I had shared the pic of me from the weekend shoot with the M1A and I was told by a man "damn you're the kind of woman that scares men". WHAT??
    I asked him about it to break it down just WHAT was so scary. To "him" it was the combo of the BIG GUN, my physical stature (you can see my muscle definition) and my comfort in my own skin. Apparently women with confidence make a man think "she won't be interested in ... whatever".
    Let me tell you, this whole line from him shocked me. I don't think a single guy on HERE would be afraid of speaking to me.
    He says guys prefer women to be 'soft' and easy to approach and I am not. WTF??????
    Yeah so he can overpower them. I like being unapproachable to guys like him, it keeps the weirdos far away from me. LadyB you're more confident in yourself then he is and that's what scares him.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    The reality of that "man" is he is afraid of himself. His self esteem is low and anyone who shows confidence...particularly women....are in his eyes flawed somehow. He may show great bravado but it's just that, a show. I doubt I'll have any detractors on this....an man with good self confidence finds a woman with the same very attractive. Put a firearm in the picture and the sexy quotient bumps to the top of the scale. Only the weak want others to be weaker.
    See

Oh yeah I think he's like that, weak.

Oh.. you are just shooting. To generate a "you scare me" response, I kinda figured you must have been striking some kind of fierce pose or something.

It is a nice pic, though!
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Damn.

Oh, wait....me too...nevermind.

As I don't know who this guy is to you (friend, family, co-worker, whatever), I'll just say this: I suspect it's the fact that you appear assertive that bugs him. You have a "BIG GUN" in your hands, you're obviously physically capable of taking care of yourself, etc. Some guys find that intimidating, and it's a downright shame. I guess some guys have issues with people who feel they have a personal stake in their own lives.

If that picture scares him I'm pretty sure he runs away from spiders too.

(Monroe County)

I find an independent, confident, woman capable of defending herself very attractive. I don't have the need to a limp sock girlfriend.

What I'd look for in a "mate" is a girl who could defend herself and our children against aggressors. I want a woman who won't think twice about dropping the hammer or gouging out a sob's eyes to ensure her and our childrens lives.

On the flip side, what I don't like, is when girls walk around like they have a something hanging between their legs and act too masculine. I'm not into the whole bravado and who's tougher bullshit. Some can pull it off with class and it's effective and sexy, most come off like assholes. It's a turn off and makes me question their intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

He's a gun owner which is why I shared the pic. He's a friend but I wouldn't call him a "good friend", he's also in our karate club. I don't think I walk around acting like I have another appendage between my legs. I also dont walk around looking like the next victim.
    Sorry to have detoured this thread. Back to the Ladies headcount.

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast