Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ladies Headcount - Show the world this isn't a "guys only" club!

Ditto and I only have on clear polish!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Good call, Bill. Only approx. 6450 of the registered accounts have logged in in the last three months, approx 5440 in the last two months, and about 4450 in the last 4 weeks. I'd say we have around 4000 members that are actively reading the forum, though we'll get a better idea in late September, once the summer vacation (and Labor Day) season is over.
    I still think that less than 50 women out of 6450, 5440, or 4450 members is dismal.

Siobhra-Thread inspirer
    JeannieBMine
    LadyBeretta
    Michelle
    SheFearsNothing
    MrsPAPatriot
    Kimba
    MrsMtnJack
    MomTeacherFarmerHunter
    GunPowderandLead
    ShesCountry
    LilEMT
    Siggirl
    Agirlandagun
    Tootie
    Spyro825
    AnnieOakley
    Corey
    MrsRenegadePheonix
    Colagrrl
    MommaC
    XD40Coyote
    MadamRaven
    Mrs Curmudgeon
    Dagny
    Mrs87thPVI-by proxy
    mangeldbug
    Mrs.38snubfan
    slainte
    DiveGerry
    RYB44
    LisaA
    Caa2003
    Broom Rider
    Slicknick131
    shelly66
    blueeyedbyrd
    RebeccaV
    Mrs. T.Fly
    BroncoBitch
    04LiquidS
    Destiny
    DegaDoo72
    KristieH
    I'm armed
    GunGoddess85-PAFOA's unofficial spokes-model
    Notenoughammo

I'v read several times that some think that women are the key to keeping the 2A intact & are the future strength for gun rights, hunting, and getting others to accept guns as a part of everyday life.

If this is true, I do not see a bright future.

47, need 3 more
    Last edited by Kimba; August 1st, 2009 at 08:12 AM.

(York County)

I work with mostly women... Counting one that just quit & one that will be starting next week, I know that at least 5 have at least one gun out of ten women I work with (I think I counted all my female coworkers in that head count)... of those 5 non gun owners, one has asked me for a LTCF application because she plans to purchase a gun in the near future and one is an anti, the other three have not expressed one way or the other to me if they own a gun or how they feel about them.
    Does that help the dismal outlook a little bit for you Kimba?

ETA:
    counting myself, there are 5 men at work... I own/carry, one owns hunting firearms but keeps them at his parent's house because his wife doesn't want them in the house, & the other three do not own any. Oh yeah there is a sixth... a very casual part timer who also is a nongun owner... I also have a seventh guy starting soon, I don't know about him yet.
    Last edited by 87th PVI; August 1st, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Ladies only.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Caa2003 is a female, too.
    I just saw this post but apparently my boyfriend got me on the list

I figured I would bump it up in case other females didn't see it.

(Erie County)

I'll be 48.

(Butler County)

Siobhra-Thread inspirer
    JeannieBMine
    LadyBeretta
    Michelle
    SheFearsNothing
    MrsPAPatriot
    Kimba
    MrsMtnJack
    MomTeacherFarmerHunter
    GunPowderandLead
    ShesCountry
    LilEMT
    Siggirl
    Agirlandagun
    Tootie
    Spyro825
    AnnieOakley
    Corey
    MrsRenegadePheonix
    Colagrrl
    MommaC
    XD40Coyote
    MadamRaven
    Mrs Curmudgeon
    Dagny
    Mrs87thPVI-by proxy
    mangeldbug
    Mrs.38snubfan
    slainte
    DiveGerry
    RYB44
    LisaA
    Caa2003
    Broom Rider
    Slicknick131
    shelly66
    blueeyedbyrd
    RebeccaV
    Mrs. T.Fly
    BroncoBitch
    04LiquidS
    Destiny
    DegaDoo72
    KristieH
    I'm armed
    GunGoddess85-PAFOA's unofficial spokes-model
    Notenoughammo
    SixPotBudge

48 so far.

Now, are there enough women also in the ZRT? They are lookng to do a calendar using the women of the ZRT.

http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/67...ls-needed.html

(Monroe County)

I'm in the ZRT but they have to ask DC if there will be any pics of me hanging on someones wall, that is if they would even want them.

You know gals I was just posting about the Pittsburgh shooting and this thought came to mind. How many times have we read from someone in a relationship thread that they should throw her ass out. Kick her to the curb. The B**** ain't worth your time. Show the whore the door and much nastier things that I can't remember right now.

Maybe it's these postings that other women read and go away. Maybe we need to start reporting the nasty comments made about women that seem to pop up every so often. Kinda scary if you think about it, that some (like I said before, by no means all) of the guys here have that same hatred for women and spew it on this board.

(Butler County)

Although this doesn't bother me, some women might find this offensive.

This was from the picnic thread:

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-114/6...ea-picnic.html

For the most part the majority of the men here seem to OK with the women members. Although, I have read some posts where you could almost feel their disdain for women oozing out of the computer.

Luckily, there has been very few.

Or I am too thick skinned to let it get to me.

I had shared the pic of me from the weekend shoot with the M1A and I was told by a man "damn you're the kind of woman that scares men". WHAT??
    I asked him about it to break it down just WHAT was so scary. To "him" it was the combo of the BIG GUN, my physical stature (you can see my muscle definition) and my comfort in my own skin. Apparently women with confidence make a man think "she won't be interested in ... whatever".
    Let me tell you, this whole line from him shocked me. I don't think a single guy on HERE would be afraid of speaking to me.
    He says guys prefer women to be 'soft' and easy to approach and I am not. WTF??????
    Good thing I am married and hubster loves me for who I am. Muscles and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post
    I had shared the pic of me from the weekend shoot with the M1A and I was told by a man "damn you're the kind of woman that scares men". WHAT??
    I asked him about it to break it down just WHAT was so scary. To "him" it was the combo of the BIG GUN, my physical stature (you can see my muscle definition) and my comfort in my own skin. Apparently women with confidence make a man think "she won't be interested in ... whatever".
    Let me tell you, this whole line from him shocked me. I don't think a single guy on HERE would be afraid of speaking to me.
    He says guys prefer women to be 'soft' and easy to approach and I am not. WTF??????
    Good thing I am married and hubster loves me for who I am. Muscles and all.
    The reality of that "man" is he is afraid of himself. His self esteem is low and anyone who shows confidence...particularly women....are in his eyes flawed somehow. He may show great bravado but it's just that, a show. I doubt I'll have any detractors on this....an man with good self confidence finds a woman with the same very attractive. Put a firearm in the picture and the sexy quotient bumps to the top of the scale. Only the weak want others to be weaker.

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast