Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default AR-15 Stoner Mags

Was curious if anyone had any experience with these, I found 30rd mags on sale for $8.99 with anti-tilt followers... I'm a newbie building my first ar so I haven't had experience with failing mags yet and I'd hope to avoid that happening in the first place.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: AR-15 Stoner Mags

I have no experience with the mags you mentioned above...And for the price they might be worth a shot, but I know for a fact that the magpul pmags are the best. Thats just my opinion and for the price you cant beat em. I would say heck for the 9 dollars and change you would pay for them go for it...try one out...then write your own review.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

Quote Originally Posted by got_ink123 View Post
    Was curious if anyone had any experience with these, I found 30rd mags on sale for $8.99 with anti-tilt followers... I'm a newbie building my first ar so I haven't had experience with failing mags yet and I'd hope to avoid that happening in the first place.

This was my second order of 20, 30 round AR-Stoner Magazines. I got these on sale from Midway some time back for $9.95 each. I had previously ordered 20 and was very pleased with the quality and functioning of them. What I really like about them are the grey, Generation II Mag-Pul followers. You can take the erasure end of a pencil and depress the follower anywhere and it will smoothly depress and retract without any binding. I can't do that with the common green followers which I own several of.

I also have tried a few of the Mag-Pul P mags, and they work well also. But as far as the AR-Stoner mags, I now have over 40 of them, and the last 2 new Bushmaster AR-15's I purchased came from the factory with these same type of followers, and every one of them runs without a hitch. If you can pick them up new for $8.99 I wouldn't hesitate. Bill T.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post

This was my second order of 20, 30 round AR-Stoner Magazines. I got these on sale from Midway some time back for $9.95 each. I had previously ordered 20 and was very pleased with the quality and functioning of them. What I really like about them are the grey, Generation II Mag-Pul followers. You can take the erasure end of a pencil and depress the follower anywhere and it will smoothly depress and retract without any binding. I can't do that with the common green followers which I own several of.

I also have tried a few of the Mag-Pul P mags, and they work well also. But as far as the AR-Stoner mags, I now have over 40 of them, and the last 2 new Bushmaster AR-15's I purchased came from the factory with these same type of followers, and every one of them runs without a hitch. If you can pick them up new for $8.99 I wouldn't hesitate. Bill T.

Actually Midway were the guys having the sale didn't want to post it and have everyone buy them up before I got a chance haha! I'll take your advice! Thanks!

(Chester County)

I have two of them, they are well built and run fine.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Jefferson County)

IMO, most of the value of the Magpul PMAG is in the anti-tilt follower. After using a regular mag for a few weeks with my AR-15 when it was new, I ordered 5 PMAGs at the suggestion of friends. After I put the first round into one, I realized why most people seem to consider them the best magazines you can buy. The follower depresses smoothly and completely evenly. They're almost a joy to load.

If you can get any magazine with an anti-tilt follower from Magpul for $9, I say buy as many as you want and then some.