Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 Hour standoff

(Lebanon County)

Default 7 Hour standoff

I tried searching this site up and down to find this. And it appears it was never posted on here.

http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-pmnew...,3075667.story

This is a close friend of mine's step-father. I knew him since I was 12-13. Loved guns, hunting. Chicks.....

As an update, since this was some time ago, he is now in jail, awaiting sentencing. He also underwent a psych-evaluation at the VA hospital.

It's hard to see this happen to some vets. He was a normal guy, that just flipped out. It's pretty sad.
    Some say that his discharge is luminous.

Default Re: 7 Hour standoff

Quote Originally Posted by StraussiE WousiE View Post
    I tried searching this site up and down to find this. And it appears it was never posted on here.

http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-pmnew...,3075667.story

This is a close friend of mine's step-father. I knew him since I was 12-13. Loved guns, hunting. Chicks.....

As an update, since this was some time ago, he is now in jail, awaiting sentencing. He also underwent a psych-evaluation at the VA hospital.

It's hard to see this happen to some vets. He was a normal guy, that just flipped out. It's pretty sad.
    Doesn't surprise me one bit. That damn war screwed up a lot of soldiers that were lucky enough to live through it. I used to live across the hall from a Vietnam vet years ago and I can't begin to tell you how many times he woke the entire building up with shrieks of horror at 3 in the morning. Some people coped with it, some weren't able to.

I hope it all works out for him....the stigma is so rampent these days...I'm sorry but I do feel that LE creates many of the problems that occur or increase the level intensity. Many of us veterans know our rights and know that we'll be blanketed with stigma's regardless of truth or fact. Guns might not of had one single thing to do with this case but thats what the focus is...and the fact the man served his country...

Mr. King, I know you won't read this but I do hope for the best and to the OP, please contact a local veterans organization...they will be able to assist him...PM me if need further info.

(Lebanon County)

UPDATE: I just heard that the Vet. in question may be released on Sept. 16th. I guess his attorney was great, and there were no Federal Charges filed.
    Some say that his discharge is luminous.

(Monroe County)

Let's hope he continues to get the help he deserves.

Angry Re: 7 Hour standoff

I have been through this, trust me. Google my name.

Fox News

LOWER PAXTON TOWNSHIP, DAUPHIN COUNTY - Arthur Roy King surrendered to police after a 7 hour stand-off at his Lower Paxton Township, Dauphin County town home. He was taken to a hospital by ambulance for a mental evaluation.

MY QUESTION:

Miriam Webster Dictionary
    * stand off

* Function: verb

intransitive verb
    1 : to stay at a distance from something
    2 : to sail away from the shore

transitive verb
    1 : to keep from advancing : repel
    2 : put off, stall

What did this man do to fit the definitions of "STAND-OFF"?

Police say there may have been dozens of guns in his Kings Pointe home. Cops with rifles laid behind bushes or stood behind stone walls. Alfredo Silva and his wife Kathy along with several others were forced from their homes.

MY QUESTION:
    "dozens of guns in his Kings Pointe home.", okay....find me the law that says this is wrong or illegal?

"They told us there was someone with weapons who had mental illness and told us to get in the house," Kathy Silva said.

MY REPLY:
    So, the police did make the allegation that a person with weapons that has mental illness
    was doing mischief.

Blacks Law
    mental illness.

1. A disorder in the thought or mood so substantial that it impairs judgment, behavior, perceptions of reality, or the ability to cope with the ordinary demands of life.
    2. Mental disease that is severe enough to necessitate care and treatment for the afflicted person's own welfare or the welfare of others in the community.

In other words the police have assumed that this man is automatically mentally incompetent.

Police say neighbors told them the man has mental health issues from serving in Vietnam. They were called to the home when he got into an argument with his wife.

MY REPLY: Ah, I see. So the neighbors believe that this man is mentally incompetent for being involved in the Vietnam War. In terms of mental incompetence, let me bring a very startling and real fact to ever ones attention.....If you have to do harm to your fellow man on the behalf of your country and people, and you don't feel some sort of remorse or at least have one nightmare over witnessing mankind at it's worst, THEN YOU HAVE NO CONSCIENCE. If you have no conscience, you are a mentally incompetent sociopath, i.e. Ted Bundy.

Blacks Law
    sociopath,
    n
    See PSYCHOPATH

Blacks Law
    psychopath
    , n

1. A person with a mental disorder characterized by an extremely antisocial personality that often leads to aggressive, perverted, or criminal behavior. . The formal psychiatric term for the mental illness from which a psychopath suffers is antisocial personality disorder.

2. Loosely, a person who is mentally ill or unstable, - Also termed Sociopath.

Antisocial personality disorder is a psychiatric condition in which a person manipulates, exploits, or violates the rights of others. This behavior is often criminal.

Symptoms

A person with antisocial personality disorder:

* Breaks the law repeatedly
    * Lies, steals, and fights often
    * Disregards the safety of self and others
    * Does not show any guilt

Blacks Law
    argument
    A statement that attempts to persuade; esp., the remarks of counsel in analyzing and pointing out or repudiating a desired inference, for the assistance of a decision-maker.
    2. The act or process of attempting to persuade.

An argument certainly doesn't seem to warrant a platoon sized element of police officers with sniper rifles, M-4 Carbines, and HK MP5s. Certainly sounds a bit over reactive. I would love to see the affidavit of probable cause for their search warrant as well as the supplemental report.

Blacks Law
    excessive force.

See FORCE.

Blacks Law
    force,
    n
    Power, violence, or pressure directed against a person or thing.

excessive

* Function: adjective
    : exceeding what is usual, proper, necessary, or normal

"I don't know if its post traumatic (stress disorder), I don't know what it is, but apparently that is a big part of his life," Lt. Gary Seefeldt of Lower Paxton Township Police Dept. said.

MY OBSERVATION:

Miriam Websters Dictionary
    post–traumatic stress disorder

# Function: noun

: a psychological reaction occurring after experiencing a highly stressing event (as wartime combat, physical violence, or a natural disaster) that is usually characterized by depression, anxiety, flashbacks, recurrent nightmares, and avoidance of reminders of the event —abbreviation PTSD —called also post-traumatic stress syndrome

Where in this definition does anybody see the word violent or anything that leads one to believe that this man is hostile? Mental anguish from having to do your job as a soldier (and we know what that is) is natural, not insane, mentally incompetent, or hostile. Not having feelings over having to do the obvious to a human being is inhuman, see sociopath.

Further more, "I don't know what it is, but apparently that is a big part of his life,". Do you think so LT? Do you think? How many of your fellow officers have PTSD from having to shoot a man? And they are still on the beat packing a pistol because they are not crazy, unhinged, maniacs, for feeling remorse, guilt, anxiety, or mental anguish for having to do their jobs. Even if the perpetrator rightfully deserved being killed within the confines of the law and justice.

By the way LT, brilliant idea in surrounding a PTSD afflicted Vietnam Veterans house with a platoon of personnel in full battle rattle, clad in black, with automatic weapons. What was your objective in this? To stress this man into a panic or state of hyper vigilance by inducing a flashback? Then you could justify the "Crazy Vet" allegation for the excessive force. Can anyone say PTSD harassment? Furthermore, last I checked, it is illegal to discriminate against a person over their disabilities. After all, there is a considerable difference between PTSD and being psychotic.

King reportedly told his wife he was going to kill her and police that tried to intervene.

MY QUESTION: What is in the affidavit of probable cause? Is the wife credible, i.e. was she drinking? Or was it a neighbor that hears this, and what is their credibility? What did this man say according to her. And what is his side of the story in comparison?

Ever hear of DUE PROCESS? It must be upheld for this man and woman for any justice at all.

Neighbors say King is well-liked in the neighborhood. Police though say in a domestic situation they can't trust that he'll be friendly to them.

MY OBSERVATION:
    Okay, so the neighbors say he's a nice guy. So you obviously have some character witnesses. Let's not forget the tell tale symptoms of a sociopath, being- "A person with a mental disorder characterized by an extremely antisocial personality that often leads to aggressive, perverted, or criminal behavior." The neighbors sure don't seem to find this man anti-social or aggressive.

MY QUESTION: What kind of word manipulation crap is this? Who is them?

"Police though say in a domestic situation they can't trust that he'll be friendly to them."

Them being the neighbors? Or them being the police? If it is the neighbors then they are saying that he is a nice guy but he can be hostile. I would have to say that this is so inconsistent that it is comical, if this is the intended meaning. Which I doubt.
    And if it is the police that "them" is in reference to, how do they know that this guy is automatically going to be hostile? How do they know this? Does this man sip beers at the local bar with them? Do they know him personally? Does he have a criminal history that supports this assumption.

"The anger thats turned towards the spouse somehow gets directed at the police when they show up," Lt. Seefeldt said.

MY COMMENT: I disagree whole heartedly with the LT. Once again his infinite wisdom shines upon us.

1. I seriously doubt that. This man has no illicit drug stock to protect. Why would anyone assume (at the potential cost of public safety) that this guy is a John J. Rambo ready to wage urban warfare? Why would anymore personnel than a officer and a buddy be needed to address this situation?

2. Remember the symptoms of PTSD? "PTSD is usually characterized by depression, anxiety, flashbacks, recurrent nightmares, and avoidance of reminders of the event", I would bet money on the fact that this man would have not done anything that would require a officers side arm to be drawn. Especially after he sees it on the officers hip and has a vivid memory of what it can make happen.

King will be charged with making terroristic threats. He will also have his guns confiscated.

[COLOR="Blue"]MY OBSERVATION: Let me take a wild guess. They are charging this man with 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2706(a)(1)(3), just like they did to me.

The DA will take advantage of this mans PTSD being completely brought out of remission and totally exacerbated by this stressful experience to maliciously prosecute him into a plea bargain just to make it all stop. Remember....."PTSD is usually characterized by depression, anxiety, flashbacks, recurrent nightmares, and avoidance of reminders of the event". By the time this man goes to his first status conference, the smell of the courtroom will make him feel like fainting.

The DA will push for him to at least plea to shoving or threatening his wife so they can get this man on § 2706(a)(1) commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another; so that their is another charge running concurrent to support making this man foot the bill for the police departments dangerous overreaction through § 2706(a)(3)(b):

(3) otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or
    cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless
    disregard of the risk of causing such terror or
    inconvenience.

(b) Restitution.--A person convicted of violating this
    section shall, in addition to any other sentence imposed or
    restitution ordered under 42 Pa.C.S. § 9721(c) (relating to
    sentencing generally), be sentenced to pay restitution in an
    amount equal to the cost of the evacuation, including, but not
    limited to, fire and police response; emergency medical service
    or emergency preparedness response; and transportation of an
    individual from the building, place of assembly or facility.

And in regards to, "He will also have his guns confiscated." They had better have a legitimate reason to take this mans property documented in the affidavit of probable cause or the seizure is unlawful in accordance with:

TITLE 234
    RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
    CHAPTER 2. INVESTIGATIONS
    PART A. Search Warrant
    Rule 203(B). Requirements for Issuance.

(B) No search warrant shall issue but upon probable cause supported by one or more affidavits sworn to before the issuing authority in person or using advanced communication technology. The issuing authority, in determining whether probable cause has been established, may not consider any evidence outside the affidavits.

REFERENCE

TITLE 18 Pa. Cons. Stat.
    CHAPTER 27
    ASSAULT
    § 2706. Terroristic threats.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits the crime of
    terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly
    or indirectly, a threat to:
    (1) commit any crime of violence with intent to
    terrorize another;
    (2) cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or
    facility of public transportation; or
    inconvenience.
    (c) Preservation of private remedies.--No judgment or order
    of restitution shall debar a person, by appropriate action, to
    recover from the offender as otherwise provided by law, provided
    that any civil award shall be reduced by the amount paid under
    the criminal judgment.
    (d) Grading.--An offense under subsection (a) constitutes a
    misdemeanor of the first degree unless the threat causes the
    occupants of the building, place of assembly or facility of
    public transportation to be diverted from their normal or
    customary operations, in which case the offense constitutes a
    felony of the third degree.
    (e) Definition.--As used in this section, the term
    "communicates" means conveys in person or by written or
    electronic means, including telephone, electronic mail,
    Internet, facsimile, telex and similar transmissions.
    (June 18, 1998, P.L.534, No.76, eff. 60 days; Dec. 15, 1999,
    P.L.915, No.59, eff. 60 days; June 28, 2002, P.L.481, No.82,
    eff. 60 days)

Rule 203. Requirements for Issuance.

(A) In the discretion of the issuing authority, advanced communication technology may be used to submit a search warrant application and affidavit(s) and to issue a search warrant.

(B) No search warrant shall issue but upon probable cause supported by one or more affidavits sworn to before the issuing authority in person or using advanced communication technology. The issuing authority, in determining whether probable cause has been established, may not consider any evidence outside the affidavits.

(C) Immediately prior to submitting a search warrant application and affidavit to an issuing authority using advanced communication technology, the affiant must personally communicate with the issuing authority by any device which, at a minimum, allows for simultaneous audio-visual communication. During the communication, the issuing authority shall verify the identity of the affiant, and orally administer an oath to the affiant.

(D) At any hearing on a motion for the return or suppression of evidence, or for suppression of the fruits of evidence, obtained pursuant to a search warrant, no evidence shall be admissible to establish probable cause other than the affidavits provided for in paragraph (B).

(E) No search warrant shall authorize a nighttime search unless the affidavits show reasonable cause for such nighttime search.

(F) A search warrant may be issued in anticipation of a prospective event as long as the warrant is based upon an affidavit showing probable cause that at some future time, but not currently, certain evidence of a crime will be located at a specified place.
    Last edited by Sergeant Gabriel AuBuchon; September 4th, 2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gabriel AuBuchon View Post

Oh, and by the way. dc dalton, please consider utilizing T.A.C.T. (Talking After Careful Thinking). Because I am a war veteran and I would seriously like to know what makes you a self designated expert about warfare or the legacy of it?

I'm not exactly sure what you are are so upset about from dcdalton's post. Care to clarify? There was nothing that I saw disrespectful or abusive to Vets. He pointed out a particular VIETNAM Vet and his trouble coping with the war. I see from your profile that you are only 31, I'm only 21 ( never been in the military probably never will unfortunately) but I know through careful examination of history and personal discussions I have had with Vietnam Vets that it was one screwed up place. I don't have any idea what you are annoyed about. I believe that a majority of people, Vets included (sorry for the presumption), that war is HELL and has repercussions. If you read up on Vietnam you will come to find out that some Vets returned with horrible aftereffects including, mental problems, physical wounds and addictions while other were able to assimilate back into society with little help. I don't know why your comment provoked a response it just did, don't take it personally.

I have been through this, trust me. Google my name.

Fox News

LOWER PAXTON TOWNSHIP, DAUPHIN COUNTY - Arthur Roy King surrendered to police after a 7 hour stand-off at his Lower Paxton Township, Dauphin County town home. He was taken to a hospital by ambulance for a mental evaluation.

MY QUESTION:

* stand off

* Function: verb

intransitive verb
    1 : to stay at a distance from something
    2 : to sail away from the shore

transitive verb
    1 : to keep from advancing : repel
    2 : put off, stall

What did this man do to fit the definitions of "STAND-OFF"?

Police say there may have been dozens of guns in his Kings Pointe home. Cops with rifles laid behind bushes or stood behind stone walls. Alfredo Silva and his wife Kathy along with several others were forced from their homes.

MY QUESTION:
    "dozens of guns in his Kings Pointe home.", okay....find me the law that says this is wrong or illegal?

"They told us there was someone with weapons who had mental illness and told us to get in the house," Kathy Silva said.

MY REPLY:
    So, the police did make the allegation that a person with weapons that has mental illness
    was doing mischief.

Blacks Law
    mental illness.

1. A disorder in the thought or mood so substantial that it impairs judgment, behavior, perceptions of reality, or the ability to cope with the ordinary demands of life.
    2. Mental disease that is severe enough to necessitate care and treatment for the afflicted person's own welfare or the welfare of others in the community.

In other words the police have assumed that this man is automatically mentally incompetent.

Police say neighbors told them the man has mental health issues from serving in Vietnam. They were called to the home when he got into an argument with his wife.

MY REPLY: Ah, I see. So the neighbors believe that this man is mentally incompetent for being involved in the Vietnam War. In terms of mental incompetence, let me bring a very startling and real fact to ever ones attention.....If you have to do harm to your fellow man on the behalf of your country and people, and you don't feel some sort of remorse or at least have one nightmare over witnessing mankind at it's worst, THEN YOU HAVE NO CONSCIENCE. If you have no conscience, you are a mentally incompetent sociopath, i.e. Ted Bundy.

Blacks Law
    sociopath,
    n
    See PSYCHOPATH

Blacks Law
    psychopath
    , n

1. A person with a mental disorder characterized by an extremely antisocial personality that often leads to aggressive, perverted, or criminal behavior. . The formal psychiatric term for the mental illness from which a psychopath suffers is antisocial personality disorder.

2. Loosely, a person who is mentally ill or unstable, - Also termed Sociopath.

Antisocial personality disorder is a psychiatric condition in which a person manipulates, exploits, or violates the rights of others. This behavior is often criminal.

Symptoms

A person with antisocial personality disorder:

* Breaks the law repeatedly
    * Lies, steals, and fights often
    * Disregards the safety of self and others
    * Does not show any guilt

Blacks Law
    argument
    A statement that attempts to persuade; esp., the remarks of counsel in analyzing and pointing out or repudiating a desired inference, for the assistance of a decision-maker.
    2. The act or process of attempting to persuade.

An argument certainly doesn't seem to warrant a platoon sized element of police officers with sniper rifles, M-4 Carbines, and HK MP5s. Certainly sounds a bit over reactive. I would love to see the affidavit of probable cause for their search warrant as well as the supplemental report.

Blacks Law
    excessive force.

See FORCE.

Blacks Law
    force,
    n
    Power, violence, or pressure directed against a person or thing.

excessive

* Function: adjective
    : exceeding what is usual, proper, necessary, or normal

"I don't know if its post traumatic (stress disorder), I don't know what it is, but apparently that is a big part of his life," Lt. Gary Seefeldt of Lower Paxton Township Police Dept. said.

MY OBSERVATION:

Miriam Websters Dictionary
    post–traumatic stress disorder

# Function: noun

: a psychological reaction occurring after experiencing a highly stressing event (as wartime combat, physical violence, or a natural disaster) that is usually characterized by depression, anxiety, flashbacks, recurrent nightmares, and avoidance of reminders of the event —abbreviation PTSD —called also post-traumatic stress syndrome

Where in this definition does anybody see the word violent or anything that leads one to believe that this man is hostile? Mental anguish from having to do your job as a soldier (and we know what that is) is natural, not insane, mentally incompetent, or hostile. Not having feelings over having to do the obvious to a human being is inhuman, see sociopath.

Further more, "I don't know what it is, but apparently that is a big part of his life,". Do you think so LT? Do you think? How many of your fellow officers have PTSD from having to shoot a man? And they are still on the beat packing a pistol because they are not crazy, unhinged, maniacs, for feeling remorse, guilt, anxiety, or mental anguish for having to do their jobs. Even if the perpetrator rightfully deserved being killed within the confines of the law and justice.

By the way LT, brilliant idea in surrounding a PTSD afflicted Vietnam Veterans house with a platoon of personnel in full battle rattle, clad in black, with automatic weapons. What was your objective in this? To stress this man into a panic or state of hyper vigilance by inducing a flashback? Then you could justify the "Crazy Vet" allegation for the excessive force. Can anyone say PTSD harassment? Furthermore, last I checked, it is illegal to discriminate against a person over their disabilities. After all, there is a considerable difference between PTSD and being psychotic.

King reportedly told his wife he was going to kill her and police that tried to intervene.

MY QUESTION: What is in the affidavit of probable cause? Is the wife credible, i.e. was she drinking? Or was it a neighbor that hears this, and what is their credibility? What did this man say according to her. And what is his side of the story in comparison?

Ever hear of DUE PROCESS? It must be upheld for this man and woman for any justice at all.

Neighbors say King is well-liked in the neighborhood. Police though say in a domestic situation they can't trust that he'll be friendly to them.

MY OBSERVATION:
    Okay, so the neighbors say he's a nice guy. So you obviously have some character witnesses. Let's not forget the tell tale symptoms of a sociopath, being- "A person with a mental disorder characterized by an extremely antisocial personality that often leads to aggressive, perverted, or criminal behavior." The neighbors sure don't seem to find this man anti-social or aggressive.

MY QUESTION: What kind of word manipulation crap is this? Who is them?

"Police though say in a domestic situation they can't trust that he'll be friendly to them."

Them being the neighbors? Or them being the police? If it is the neighbors then they are saying that he is a nice guy but he can be hostile. I would have to say that this is so inconsistent that it is comical, if this is the intended meaning. Which I doubt.
    And if it is the police that "them" is in reference to, how do they know that this guy is automatically going to be hostile? How do they know this? Does this man sip beers at the local bar with them? Do they know him personally? Does he have a criminal history that supports this assumption.

"The anger thats turned towards the spouse somehow gets directed at the police when they show up," Lt. Seefeldt said.

MY COMMENT: I disagree whole heartedly with the LT. Once again his infinite wisdom shines upon us.

1. I seriously doubt that. This man has no illicit drug stock to protect. Why would anyone assume (at the potential cost of public safety) that this guy is a John J. Rambo ready to wage urban warfare? Why would anymore personnel than a officer and a buddy be needed to address this situation?

2. Remember the symptoms of PTSD? "PTSD is usually characterized by depression, anxiety, flashbacks, recurrent nightmares, and avoidance of reminders of the event", I would bet money on the fact that this man would have not done anything that would require a officers side arm to be drawn. Especially after he sees it on the officers hip and has a vivid memory of what it can make happen.

King will be charged with making terroristic threats. He will also have his guns confiscated.

MY OBSERVATION: Let me take a wild guess. They are charging this man with 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2706(a)(1)(3), just like they did to me.

The DA will take advantage of this mans PTSD being completely brought out of remission and totally exacerbated by this stressful experience to maliciously prosecute him into a plea bargain just to make it all stop. Remember....."PTSD is usually characterized by depression, anxiety, flashbacks, recurrent nightmares, and avoidance of reminders of the event". By the time this man goes to his first status conference, the smell of the courtroom will make him feel like fainting.

The DA will push for him to at least plea to shoving or threatening his wife so they can get this man on § 2706(a)(1) commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another; so that their is another charge running concurrent to support making this man foot the bill for the police departments dangerous overreaction through § 2706(a)(3)(b):

inconvenience.

And in regards to, "He will also have his guns confiscated." They had better have a legitimate reason to take this mans property documented in the affidavit of probable cause or the seizure is unlawful in accordance with:

TITLE 234
    RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
    CHAPTER 2. INVESTIGATIONS
    PART A. Search Warrant
    Rule 203(B). Requirements for Issuance.

REFERENCE

TITLE 18 Pa. Cons. Stat.
    CHAPTER 27
    ASSAULT
    § 2706. Terroristic threats.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits the crime of
    terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly
    or indirectly, a threat to:
    (1) commit any crime of violence with intent to
    terrorize another;
    (2) cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or
    facility of public transportation; or
    inconvenience.
    (c) Preservation of private remedies.--No judgment or order
    of restitution shall debar a person, by appropriate action, to
    recover from the offender as otherwise provided by law, provided
    that any civil award shall be reduced by the amount paid under
    the criminal judgment.
    (d) Grading.--An offense under subsection (a) constitutes a
    misdemeanor of the first degree unless the threat causes the
    occupants of the building, place of assembly or facility of
    public transportation to be diverted from their normal or
    customary operations, in which case the offense constitutes a
    felony of the third degree.
    (e) Definition.--As used in this section, the term
    "communicates" means conveys in person or by written or
    electronic means, including telephone, electronic mail,
    Internet, facsimile, telex and similar transmissions.
    (June 18, 1998, P.L.534, No.76, eff. 60 days; Dec. 15, 1999,
    P.L.915, No.59, eff. 60 days; June 28, 2002, P.L.481, No.82,
    eff. 60 days)

Rule 203. Requirements for Issuance.

(A) In the discretion of the issuing authority, advanced communication technology may be used to submit a search warrant application and affidavit(s) and to issue a search warrant.

(C) Immediately prior to submitting a search warrant application and affidavit to an issuing authority using advanced communication technology, the affiant must personally communicate with the issuing authority by any device which, at a minimum, allows for simultaneous audio-visual communication. During the communication, the issuing authority shall verify the identity of the affiant, and orally administer an oath to the affiant.

(D) At any hearing on a motion for the return or suppression of evidence, or for suppression of the fruits of evidence, obtained pursuant to a search warrant, no evidence shall be admissible to establish probable cause other than the affidavits provided for in paragraph (B).

(E) No search warrant shall authorize a nighttime search unless the affidavits show reasonable cause for such nighttime search.

(F) A search warrant may be issued in anticipation of a prospective event as long as the warrant is based upon an affidavit showing probable cause that at some future time, but not currently, certain evidence of a crime will be located at a specified place.

Oh, and by the way. dc dalton, please consider utilizing T.A.C.T. (Talking After Careful Thinking). Because I am a war veteran and I would seriously like to know what makes you a self designated expert about warfare or the legacy of it?
    You really need to step back from that statement.....................

Talking Re: 7 Hour standoff

My premise is this gentlemen, PTSD is an anxiety disorder. If a veteran has it they are not automatically a nut, lost soul, insane, a loos cannon, a maniac, or a threat. There is a big difference between the two and law enforcement needs to learn it quick. PTSD should not warrant an instantaneous dispatch of a SWAT team.

The bottom line is this, there are a lot of people in this world scarred from a lot of things. Before the assumption is made that all of us vets are "damaged goods", perhaps a vet should try to explain what happens with traumatic experience and the legacy that follows.
    Last edited by Sergeant Gabriel AuBuchon; September 4th, 2009 at 11:22 PM.

My premise is this gentlemen, PTSD is an anxiety disorder. If a veteran has it they are not automatically a nut, lost soul, insane, a loos cannon, a maniac, or a threat. There is a big difference between the two and law enforcement needs to learn it quick.

And in terms of dc dalton, the bottom line is this, there are alot of people in this world scarred from a lot of things. Before the assumption is made that all of us vets are "damaged goods", perhaps a vet should try to explain what happens with traumatic experience and the legacy that follows. Unless he has been in combat like me, I genuinely don't feel that he has knowledge in the subject matter. His opinion is respected in freedom of speech and opinion, but it is lacking is substance beyond hearsay.

If one is going to elude to us vets being traumatized to being crackpots. At least have the testicular fortitude to back it up with a factual basis beyond the one nutty vet that could be the one nutty nurse, bikerdude, preacher, secretary, pizza delivery guy, ect. that could be any given person that has seen death, or been molested or raped and is not a loon or a danger with firearms because they have something in their past that haunts them.

Did you read the post????? Nowhere was there ever mention of VETS in general, the comments were only made about the VIETNAM WAR!!!!! I can't say anything about the experience of war, but if you won't admit that Vietnam was a screwed up war (for the SOLDIERS fighting NOT talking about politics) then I think that your judgement is being clouded by personal agendas. You are inserting things into others' statements to push through your opinions. I don't think anybody said anything about the legitimacy of PTSD or argued that it is diagnosed correctly 100% of the time. Those things were never said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast