Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking to make a skeet league in Beaver

The Ambridge Sportsman's Association has told me when I went there that there was Skeet on the property, but no one much used it, this field is combined with a trap range that is much more in use... Aparently, they also had or have a 5 stand at the club, but no one used that also.

Wake up call to all Skeet shooters, any one want to organize a weekly shoot there? I just know i cant be the only skeet shooting critter in the area!

I should be going some time tuesday the 4th of Sept, or Wed the 5th to get more info.

From what I understand, its $75 the first year to join, $50 the following years. Wife is considered a memeber automatically but can not vote unless they also become a primary member.
    Last edited by Frenchy; September 4th, 2006 at 11:18 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Please find out if/and what days the skeet is open to the public for me.....I really like Castlewood but would like to find a place closer.

If you find anyone interested in your claybird league I'd be willing to correspond with them and share my experience at running claybird leagues...I could provide the handicap calculation sheet and the forms I devised to record the scores.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Skit or Clay?

Hey bib and frenchy, I heard you guys are interested in starting the skit and clay scatter gun shooting, that sounds interesting to do but the problem is I don't even know how to do that. I own a short and long scatter gun, I shot it and practiced with it in the range but I never tried doing those skit or clay, I'd like to learn and try it too, so lets keep inform each other.
    thanks in advance,
    deep

Quote Originally Posted by deepcharge41 View Post
    I own a short and long scatter gun, I shot it and practiced with it in the range but I never tried doing those skit (skeet) or clay, I'd like to learn and try it too, so lets keep inform each other.
    thanks in advance,
    deep
    When you say "Scatter" gun, could you expand, Skeet could probably be done with a combat shotgun, but im not sure you would like it as much. Skeet is more in the 26'bbl to 28'bbl ranges, 16 to 18 could be rough!

If you would like to try it, some day i should get my butt off my chair(s) here and at work, and go join up that club, I could show you the basics of it.

Its pretty simple really, you shoot at some thing 3 inch in diameter traveling 40mph and when you hit it you smile ear to ear
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

The one time I tried it, I didn't smile much!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Looking to make a skeet league in Beaver

Frenchy,

Have you tried Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol Club? I don't shoot trap or skeet, but I believe thay have both there.