Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Back yard shooting In North Fayette

Does anyone know If it is ok to shoot on my 7 acre property in North Fayette? I went to the police station and asked if there were any Ordinance they looked at me like I was an idiot and said we are not sure please leave your name and number and we will call and let you know. So now a month later I just joined up on this site and thought I would ask.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Back yard shooting In North Fayette

You'll have to go to town hall and look at their ordnances (including zoning) book.

You can also contact:

Mr. Robert T. Grimm, Township Manager, rgrimm@north-fayette.com
    Phone: 724-693-3106; 412-788-4888,

and/or

Mr. Mike Saville Building Code Official/Code Enforcement Officer, msaville@north-fayette.com
    Phone: 724-693-3106; 412-788-4888,ext. 106

regardless of what they say you sould verify it for yourself in the ordnance book. This may answer the legal question but how you want to interact with your neighbors is another matter.
    IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by slimvdub View Post
    Does anyone know If it is ok to shoot on my 7 acre property in North Fayette? I went to the police station and asked if there were any Ordinance they looked at me like I was an idiot and said we are not sure please leave your name and number and we will call and let you know. So now a month later I just joined up on this site and thought I would ask.
    A friend of mine has property along the road behind the municipal bldng.

We have been shooting on that property for the last 30 years.

Although new housing is closing in around him, no one i know has been stopped or even questioned for doing so.

This is not to say there isn't some type of restriction that I am unaware of.

I'm just saying there have never been any actions to stop it.

I used to sight my rifles in on his property till I joined a club.

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: Back yard shooting In North Fayette

My neighbors wont care the one house i own and rent out the other neighbos my poperty boarders theirs and they have 48 acres and there house is on the compleate end of it Near old stubenville pike. I hear them shoot all the time and some times sounds full auto lol. So I am covered when it comes to neighbors. I also i wanna say I am surprized that people replyed so fast didnt know so many people on hear lived around me. Makes me feel safer.

(Allegheny County)

My neighbors wont care the one house i own and rent out the other neighbos my poperty boarders theirs and they have 48 acres and there house is on the compleate end of it Near old stubenville pike. I hear them shoot all the time and some times sounds full auto lol. So I am covered when it comes to neighbors. I also i wanna say I am surprized that people replyed so fast didnt know so many people on hear lived around me. Makes me feel safer.
    I've hunted North Fayette for over 40 years. I hunted my friends farm with a rifle when that was legal. Everything from Noblestown to North Branch Rd, Donaldson Rd through Partridge lane to what used to be called Micheles Supper club and on all the Consolidated Coal property.

You don't live near Stickley's do you?

I even ventured down into Santiago. Another buddy of mine lives down in the valley.

Nice place to shoot deer. I use my Allegheny tags there.

North Fayette Twp used to have a pistol range along Donaldson Road.

(Allegheny County)

I live on the other side of Old stebuenville Pike. I know the Stickleys. I live on the side that the power line is on. The Davis's are my neighbors they are the ones that boarder my property, and really where did it use to be on Donaldson.

(Allegheny County)

I live on the other side of Old stebuenville Pike. I know the Stickleys. I live on the side that the power line is on. The Davis's are my neighbors they are the ones that boarder my property, and really where did it use to be on Donaldson.
    I used to see the Stickleys( I don't know them other than meeting in the woods occasionally) drive hunting between their place heading to Czarnecki's farm between the power line and Partridge.

Did the Davis's sell that property? I used to get my trailer inspected at Davis/Kennedy's when Ralph was there all the time. I think his son is either taking over the business or has already. I think Ralph told me his family owned the land around the power line.

The pistol range on Donaldson was about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the municipal bld on the left hand side heading toward your area.
    I have to think it was there about 9 or 10 years ago.

My buddy lives down near the bottom of Kennedy rd.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah the Davis's still own all that property. Old man Davis the old heavy set guy (sorry everone I know called him pap) recently passed away. Now his one son Ralph owns the R.Kennedy Davis in son's. They still do all the repair and mantiance on trailers just dont sale them anymore.

(Allegheny County)

Let's all hope that no one else in the area sells out to the rattbasturds that are building all the shoddy Maronda, Ryan, and Heartland plans around there. Al the charm of that area of AGH Cty is disappearing as traffic has gotten worse and worse over the past decade.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Let's all hope that no one else in the area sells out to the rattbasturds that are building all the shoddy Maronda, Ryan, and Heartland plans around there. Al the charm of that area of AGH Cty is disappearing as traffic has gotten worse and worse over the past decade.
    I can see hunting being limited or eliminated in some of these areas due to proximity of new homes.

I got a satellite shot of the old Consol property and see homes right where I have shot deer in years gone by.

Right at the intersection of Donaldson and Partridge is where I used to park, go down into the woods, climb up a walnut tree and shoot deer. Now, I'd have to yell at the homeowners "fire" to alert them of a shot.

Homes are closing in on good hunting land.