Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: I am so proud

(Lehigh County)

Default I am so proud

These are pics from of my sons first zombie target shoot. I was planning on taking him to the Sector 7 meet and greet. Since he can't make it, I let him shoot up one of my zombie targets.

Gotta say, the kid is pretty good if I don't say so myself. I posted these pics on the Sector 7 thread but figured I would start another so that thread wouldn't get filled with people flaming me for letting my son shoot a HiPoint. My son is 11 and his favorite gun to shoot is my 995 Carbine.

This target was shot by him off hand at 25yds. He put the first mag COM then said to me "dad, don't we have to hit zombies in the head?" then he put a mag in the head (he said he was trying to shoot the zombies teeth out) and then he put the last mag into the hands "cause they can scratch people and turn them into zombies"

I think he is pretty damn good for 11yrs old. My daughter wanted to get into the pic with her brother. She doesn't shoot yet, but she was cheering when Jeffrey was "shootin' the monsters."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: I am so proud

Hahaha... that's funny.

Great photos.
    Somewhere out there, someone who voted for "change" is finding this on a Google search and freaking out at the sight of a child and a gun.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    These are pics from of my sons first zombie target shoot. I was planning on taking him to the Sector 7 meet and greet. Since he can't make it, I let him shoot up one of my zombie targets.

Gotta say, the kid is pretty good if I don't say so myself. I posted these pics on the Sector 7 thread but figured I would start another so that thread wouldn't get filled with people flaming me for letting my son shoot a HiPoint. My son is 11 and his favorite gun to shoot is my 995 Carbine.

This target was shot by him off hand at 25yds. He put the first mag COM then said to me "dad, don't we have to hit zombies in the head?" then he put a mag in the head (he said he was trying to shoot the zombies teeth out) and then he put the last mag into the hands "cause they can scratch people and turn them into zombies"

I think he is pretty damn good for 11yrs old. My daughter wanted to get into the pic with her brother. She doesn't shoot yet, but she was cheering when Jeffrey was "shootin' the monsters."
    Man your son looks like you!

(Northampton County)

Nice head shots! ReconLDR, you need to have like 20 more kids. We need your bloodline strong in this country!

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Man your son looks like you!
    I was going to say his daughter does - something in the eyes.

Last edited by mikey; March 6th, 2010 at 08:21 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Nice head shots! ReconLDR, you need to have like 20 more kids. We need your bloodline strong in this country!
    20 more kids... My bloodline.... I have 2.5 ex-wives who may want to argue this point with you.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Adams County)

2.5 ex wives? What did you do wit the other half? You're not saving it for those lonely summer nights, are you???

Seriously, awesome pics. And is the hard time only because it's high-point? Personally I think it's kind of a snazzy looking rifle and will probably get one at some point.

Seems like your son is a great shot, you deserve to be proud. And who knows, maybe your daughter will be even better

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    2.5 ex wives? What did you do wit the other half? You're not saving it for those lonely summer nights, are you???

Seriously, awesome pics. And is the hard time only because it's high-point? Personally I think it's kind of a snazzy looking rifle and will probably get one at some point.

Seems like your son is a great shot, you deserve to be proud. And who knows, maybe your daughter will be even better

camper
    I am "Separated" from my current wife so that makes the .5. I am hoping she comes to her senses and we fix things, right now just playing a waiting game.

Yes, I get a lot of flack about the rifle, but I have to say I would buy another one. I won this one in a gun raffle so it cost me $10.00 ticket and added the optic and butstock mag pouch. So I have @ $75.00 invested in the rifle. When I have it at the range, there is always someone who wants to try it..

I am very proud of my son and his shooting ability. I am hoping my daughter will be interested in shooting too. She tells everyone that she is Tomboy Princess, so it looks good for the shooting hobbies.