Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default A history lesson (email I received today)

I know you all already know this. Some of you may have already sent it to me in the past. I just wanted to refresh every person’s memory. Why this is not being reported I do not understand. Not even by Fox, which normally is all over this kind of stuff. Lets send this around AGAIN,maybe it will finally stick.

A History Lesson

If there is anyone out there that doesn't know this, this is the best visual presentation
    I ever saw... Now don't be mad at old people, just re me mber who did this...

Franklin Delano. Roosevelt
    32nd. President, Democrat
    Terms of Office March 4, 1933, to April 12, 1945
    GO TO HERE !
    Our Social Security
    Franklin Delano. Roosevelt (Terms of Office March 4, 1933, to April 12,

1945), a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program.

He Promised:

1.) That participation in the program would be completely voluntary,
    2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their

annual income s into the program,
    3.) That the money the participants elected to put Into the program would be

deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,
    4.) That the money the participants put into the 'Independent Trust Fund' rather

than into the General operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund

the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other government program, and
    5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income .
    Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social

Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85%

of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'Put Away' -- you may be

interested in the following:

----------THEN----------------------

Dwight David Eisenhower
    34th. President, Republican,
    Term Of Office: January 20, 1953 to January 20, 1961
    Insert by Vincent Peter Render,

If I recall correctly, 1958 is the first year that Congress, not President Eisenhower, voted to

remove funds from Social Security and put it into the General Fund for Congress to spend.
    If I recall correctly, it was a democratically controlled Congress.
    From what I understand, Congress logic at that ti me was that there was so much money in

Social Security Fund that it would never run out / be used up for the purpose it was intended

set aside for.

-------------WORSE STILL (ONE OR THE OTHER)------------------------------------------------

Lyndon Baines Johnson 36th. President, Democrat
    Term Of Office: November 22, 1963 to January 20, 1969

Question: Which Political Party took Social Security from the

'Independent Trust Fund' and put it into the General Fund so that

Congress could spend it?

Answer: It was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democrat, Term of Office:

November 22, 1963 to January 20, 1969) and the democratically

Controlled House and Senate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question: Which Political Party eliminated the inco me tax Deduction for Social Security
    (FICA) withholding?
    Answer: The Democratic Party.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

William Jefferson Clinton
    (Bill Clinton)
    42nd. President
    Democrat Term of Office: January 20, 1993 to January 20, 2001

Albert Arnold Gore, Jr.
    (Al Gore)
    45th. Vice President

Question: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
    Answer: The Democratic Party, with Albert Arnold Gore, Jr. (Al Gore) [Vice President Term of Office: January 10, 1993

to January 20, 2001] casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the

US .........

------------------THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK !! -----------------

James Earl Carter, Jr
    (Jimmy Carter)
    39th President, Democrat
    Term of Office: January 20, 1977 to January 20, 1981

Question: Which Political Party decided to start giving Annuity payments to

immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

ANSWER: That's right! JAMES EARL CARTER, JR. ( JIMMY

CARTER) (DEMOCRAT, TERM OF OFFICE: JANUARY 20, 1977 TO

JANUARY 20, 1981 AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.
    IMMIGRANTS MOVED INTO THIS COUNTRY, AND AT AGE 65,

BEGAN TO RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENTS: THE

DEMOCRATIC PARTY GAVE THESE PAYMENTS TO THEM, EVEN

THOUGH THEY NEVER PAID A DIME INTO IT!

"Damn", have you ever seen a Jack-ass eating briers...!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of Awareness will be planted and maybe changes WILL evolve!
    Maybe not, some Democrats are awfully sure of what isn't so. But it's worth a try. How many people can YOU send

this to?

Actions speak louder than bumper stickers.
    AND CONGRESS GIVES THEMSELVES 100% RETIREMENT FOR ONLY SERVING ONE TERM!!!

Thomas Jefferson
    3rd. President, Democrat
    Term of Office: January 20, 1777 to January 20, 1781

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to

take everything you have".
    Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: A history lesson (email I received today)

can't give you any reps.... gotta spread the lovin.

Don't forget about the democratrs voting in the term limits for the President to get rid of FDR, but he died anyways..... now they want to abolsih the 22cd ammendment
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

More factoids:

One detail that is never mentioned is that in Washington , D.C. there can never be a building of greater height than the Washington Monument . With all the uproar about removing the ten commandments, etc., this is worth a moment or two of your time.. I was not aware of this amazing historical information.

On the aluminum cap, atop the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C. , are displayed two words: Laus Deo.

No one can see these words. In fact, most visitors to the monument are totally unaware they are even there and for that matter, probably couldn't care less.

Once you know Laus Deo's history , you will want to share this with everyone you know. These words have been there for many years; they are 555 feet, 5.125 inches high, perched atop the monument, facing skyward to the Father of our nation, overlooking the 69 square miles which comprise the District of Columbia, capital of the United States of America.

Laus Deo! Two seemingly insignificant, unnoticed words. Out of sight and, one might think, out of mind, but very meaningfully placed at the highest point over what is the most powerful city in the most successful nation in the world.

So, what do those two words, in Latin, composed of just four syllables and only seven letters, possibly mean? Very simply, they say " Praise be to God!"

Though construction of this giant obelisk began in 1848, when James Polk was President of the United States , it was not until 1888 that the monument was inaugurated and opened to the public. It took twenty-five years to finally cap the memorial with a tribute to the Father of our nation, Laus Deo. "Praise be to God!"

From atop this magnificent granite and marble structure, visitors may take in the beautiful panoramic view of the city with its division into four major segments. From that vantage point, one can also easily see the original plan of the designer, Pierre Charles l'Enfant...a perfect cross imposed upon the landscape, with the White House to the north. The Jefferson Memorial is to the south, the Capitol to the east and the Lincoln Memorial to the west.
    A cross you ask? Why a cross? What about separation of church and state? Yes, a cross; separation of church and state was not, is not, in the Constitution. So, read on. How interesting and, no doubt, intended to carry a profound meaning for those who bother to notice.

Praise be to God! Within the monument itself are 898 steps and 50 landings. As one climbs the steps and pauses at the landings the memorial stones share a message.......
    On the 12th Landing is a prayer offered by the City of Baltimore;
    On the 20th is a memorial presented by some Chinese Christians;
    On the 24th a presentation made by Sunday School children from New York and Philadelphia quoting Proverbs 10:7, Luke 18:16 and Proverbs 22:6. Praise be to God!

When the cornerstone of the Washington Monument was laid on July 4th, 1848 deposited within it were many items including the Holy Bible presented by the Bible Society. Praise be to God! Such was the discipline, the moral direction, and the spiritual mood given by the founder and first President of our unique democracy "One Nation, Under God."

I am awed by Washington 's prayer for America Have you ever read it? Well, now is your unique opportunity, so read on!

"Almighty God; We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection; that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

Laus Deo!

When one stops to observe the inscriptions found in public places all over our nation's capitol, he or she will easily find the signature of God, as it is unmistakably inscribed everywhere you look. You may forget the width and height of "Laus Deo ", its location, or the architects but no one who reads this will be able to forget its meaning, or these words: "Unless the Lord builds the house its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." (Psalm 127: 1)

Now that I've pissed a lot of atheist's off...hammer away.
    BTW, I'm not a bible thumper...IF there is a God, there's some things I demand answers for on my judgement day.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    I know you all already know this. Some of you may have already sent it to me in the past. I just wanted to refresh every person’s memory. Why this is not being reported I do not understand. Not even by Fox, which normally is all over this kind of stuff. Lets send this around AGAIN,maybe it will finally stick.

A History Lesson

If there is anyone out there that doesn't know this, this is the best visual presentation
    I ever saw... Now don't be mad at old people, just re me mber who did this...

Franklin Delano. Roosevelt
    32nd. President, Democrat
    Terms of Office March 4, 1933, to April 12, 1945
    GO TO HERE !
    Our Social Security
    Franklin Delano. Roosevelt (Terms of Office March 4, 1933, to April 12,

1945), a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program.

He Promised:

1.) That participation in the program would be completely voluntary,
    2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their

annual income s into the program,
    3.) That the money the participants elected to put Into the program would be

deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,
    4.) That the money the participants put into the 'Independent Trust Fund' rather

than into the General operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund

the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other government program, and
    5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income .
    Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social

Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85%

of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'Put Away' -- you may be

interested in the following:

----------THEN----------------------

Dwight David Eisenhower
    34th. President, Republican,
    Term Of Office: January 20, 1953 to January 20, 1961
    Insert by Vincent Peter Render,

If I recall correctly, 1958 is the first year that Congress, not President Eisenhower, voted to

remove funds from Social Security and put it into the General Fund for Congress to spend.
    If I recall correctly, it was a democratically controlled Congress.
    From what I understand, Congress logic at that ti me was that there was so much money in

Social Security Fund that it would never run out / be used up for the purpose it was intended

set aside for.

-------------WORSE STILL (ONE OR THE OTHER)------------------------------------------------

Lyndon Baines Johnson 36th. President, Democrat
    Term Of Office: November 22, 1963 to January 20, 1969

Question: Which Political Party took Social Security from the

'Independent Trust Fund' and put it into the General Fund so that

Congress could spend it?

Answer: It was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democrat, Term of Office:

November 22, 1963 to January 20, 1969) and the democratically

Controlled House and Senate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question: Which Political Party eliminated the inco me tax Deduction for Social Security
    (FICA) withholding?
    Answer: The Democratic Party.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

William Jefferson Clinton
    (Bill Clinton)
    42nd. President

Albert Arnold Gore, Jr.
    (Al Gore)
    45th. Vice President

Question: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
    Answer: The Democratic Party, with Albert Arnold Gore, Jr. (Al Gore) [Vice President Term of Office: January 10, 1993

to January 20, 2001] casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the

US .........

------------------THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK !! -----------------

James Earl Carter, Jr
    (Jimmy Carter)
    39th President, Democrat
    Term of Office: January 20, 1977 to January 20, 1981

Question: Which Political Party decided to start giving Annuity payments to

immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

ANSWER: That's right! JAMES EARL CARTER, JR. ( JIMMY

CARTER) (DEMOCRAT, TERM OF OFFICE: JANUARY 20, 1977 TO

JANUARY 20, 1981 AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.
    IMMIGRANTS MOVED INTO THIS COUNTRY, AND AT AGE 65,

BEGAN TO RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENTS: THE

DEMOCRATIC PARTY GAVE THESE PAYMENTS TO THEM, EVEN

THOUGH THEY NEVER PAID A DIME INTO IT!

"Damn", have you ever seen a Jack-ass eating briers...!

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of Awareness will be planted and maybe changes WILL evolve!
    Maybe not, some Democrats are awfully sure of what isn't so. But it's worth a try. How many people can YOU send

this to?

Actions speak louder than bumper stickers.
    AND CONGRESS GIVES THEMSELVES 100% RETIREMENT FOR ONLY SERVING ONE TERM!!!

Thomas Jefferson
    3rd. President, Democrat
    Term of Office: January 20, 1777 to January 20, 1781

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to

take everything you have".
    Thomas Jefferson
    At least this one is a mixture of true and false.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/socia...ty/changes.asp

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    At least this one is a mixture of true and false.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/socia...ty/changes.asp
    Mine too...damn mass e-mails.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/monument.asp

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    More factoids:

One detail that is never mentioned is that in Washington , D.C. there can never be a building of greater height than the Washington Monument . With all the uproar about removing the ten commandments, etc., this is worth a moment or two of your time.. I was not aware of this amazing historical information.

On the aluminum cap, atop the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C. , are displayed two words: Laus Deo.

No one can see these words. In fact, most visitors to the monument are totally unaware they are even there and for that matter, probably couldn't care less.

Once you know Laus Deo's history , you will want to share this with everyone you know. These words have been there for many years; they are 555 feet, 5.125 inches high, perched atop the monument, facing skyward to the Father of our nation, overlooking the 69 square miles which comprise the District of Columbia, capital of the United States of America.

Laus Deo! Two seemingly insignificant, unnoticed words. Out of sight and, one might think, out of mind, but very meaningfully placed at the highest point over what is the most powerful city in the most successful nation in the world.

So, what do those two words, in Latin, composed of just four syllables and only seven letters, possibly mean? Very simply, they say " Praise be to God!"

Though construction of this giant obelisk began in 1848, when James Polk was President of the United States , it was not until 1888 that the monument was inaugurated and opened to the public. It took twenty-five years to finally cap the memorial with a tribute to the Father of our nation, Laus Deo. "Praise be to God!"

From atop this magnificent granite and marble structure, visitors may take in the beautiful panoramic view of the city with its division into four major segments. From that vantage point, one can also easily see the original plan of the designer, Pierre Charles l'Enfant...a perfect cross imposed upon the landscape, with the White House to the north. The Jefferson Memorial is to the south, the Capitol to the east and the Lincoln Memorial to the west.
    A cross you ask? Why a cross? What about separation of church and state? Yes, a cross; separation of church and state was not, is not, in the Constitution. So, read on. How interesting and, no doubt, intended to carry a profound meaning for those who bother to notice.

Praise be to God! Within the monument itself are 898 steps and 50 landings. As one climbs the steps and pauses at the landings the memorial stones share a message.......
    On the 12th Landing is a prayer offered by the City of Baltimore;
    On the 20th is a memorial presented by some Chinese Christians;
    On the 24th a presentation made by Sunday School children from New York and Philadelphia quoting Proverbs 10:7, Luke 18:16 and Proverbs 22:6. Praise be to God!

When the cornerstone of the Washington Monument was laid on July 4th, 1848 deposited within it were many items including the Holy Bible presented by the Bible Society. Praise be to God! Such was the discipline, the moral direction, and the spiritual mood given by the founder and first President of our unique democracy "One Nation, Under God."

I am awed by Washington 's prayer for America Have you ever read it? Well, now is your unique opportunity, so read on!

"Almighty God; We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection; that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

Laus Deo!

When one stops to observe the inscriptions found in public places all over our nation's capitol, he or she will easily find the signature of God, as it is unmistakably inscribed everywhere you look. You may forget the width and height of "Laus Deo ", its location, or the architects but no one who reads this will be able to forget its meaning, or these words: "Unless the Lord builds the house its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." (Psalm 127: 1)

Now that I've pissed a lot of atheist's off...hammer away.
    BTW, I'm not a bible thumper...IF there is a God, there's some things I demand answers for on my judgement day.
    This one, not so much...(well, sorta):
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/monument.asp

God is an alien.
    After WW3, only roaches will survive, and they will live in steel AK mags.

(Cambria County)

I was getting to that, had to read it first before I posted it.

Yeah, it dawned on me as I posted it that maybe I should look into it.

(Cambria County)

Yeah, it dawned on me as I posted it that maybe I should look into it.
    Why, no one else ever does?

Hi SFN.

J/k.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast