Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default I got to shoot my first glock today

We'll after about a 3-4 month break I finally got to go back to the range (PMSC) to see how rusty i've gotten . Quite rusty I had seen but I got to bring out the MarkIII 22, USP Tac, and XD 9mm. I see the steel range had changed quite a bit ... didn't have any need for the targets I had brought. I did get to spend an hour getting back into things and I had a blast.

I got to chat with some other guys there and they both generously let me try out their glocks!! Which I was thrilled about . I also got the talk about reloading.. haha which it's true that I need to get on board. All in all a great day at the range. And I got to use up some of that ammo collecting dust.

Things I learned...

A glock purchase might be in the near future

The steel targets on the far left should have a $$$ warning on them because my brass on the ground seems to make it hard to walk after a while

The steel targets on the far right must be some kind of mirage because they don't seem to make contact with many of my bullets.... haha I said I was rusty
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

(Blair County)

Default Re: I got to shoot my first glock today

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingdonhavoc View Post
    The steel targets on the far left should have a $$$ warning on them because my brass on the ground seems to make it hard to walk after a while

The steel targets on the far right must be some kind of mirage because they don't seem to make contact with many of my bullets.... haha I said I was rusty
    Shucks young fellar, ain't nobody never told you?

The steel targets on the the far right are ninja targets. They tend to dodge & weave with cat-like quickness. Nobody never hits them nohow.

The steel targets on the far left just walked out of the Long Branch (you ever seen Gunsmoke young fellar?).

They're too dang drunk to dodge & weave. They just stand there and get hit!

I agree; Glocks are great tools; a lot of fun!
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Monroe County)

We'll after about a 3-4 month break I finally got to go back to the range (PMSC) to see how rusty i've gotten . Quite rusty I had seen but I got to bring out the MarkIII 22, USP Tac, and XD 9mm. I see the steel range had changed quite a bit ... didn't have any need for the targets I had brought. I did get to spend an hour getting back into things and I had a blast.

I got to chat with some other guys there and they both generously let me try out their glocks!! Which I was thrilled about . I also got the talk about reloading.. haha which it's true that I need to get on board. All in all a great day at the range. And I got to use up some of that ammo collecting dust.

Things I learned...

A glock purchase might be in the near future

Nice post Havoc. Did you happen to catch which model Glocks you tried?
    I tried out the 19 and actually opted for the XD9. How did you like them in comparison?
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

(Westmoreland County)

Sounds like a great day.

(Westmoreland County)

One was a 17 and the other I'm not too sure of... it was 9mm modified with a magwell, light trigger, some type of red dot and ported. That guy was actually a pafoa member I think, lol should have asked though maybe he'll chime in.

In comparison I liked the Glock better then I thought I would. I have a sub compact xd in 9mm so I can't give a true comparison to the full-sized glock. I can certainly see why they have their fans though. I'm sure a 19 will stumble into my collection shortly. Because well... I do need to be well versed Haha
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

(Allegheny County)

One was a 17 and the other I'm not too sure of... it was 9mm modified with a magwell, light trigger, some type of red dot and ported. That guy was actually a pafoa member I think, lol should have asked though maybe he'll chime in.

In comparison I liked the Glock better then I thought I would. I have a sub compact xd in 9mm so I can't give a true comparison to the full-sized glock. I can certainly see why they have their fans though. I'm sure a 19 will stumble into my collection shortly. Because well... I do need to be well versed Haha
    IPSC practice is on Thursday so a few of the guys typically bring out the open guns. Roland created the swinging steel on the right and they are a decent distance for pistol so your not the only one who has trouble hitting those.

(Westmoreland County)

Glad you got out to the range buddy. Knowing you the next post will be about your new glock

(Philadelphia County)

Look online, New Glocks are getting SOOO cheap!!!

Budsgunshop has em for $494.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    Look online, New Glocks are getting SOOO cheap!!!

Budsgunshop has em for $494.
    I paid less then that locally during the height of the frenzy. A.F.Boyer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I paid less then that locally during the height of the frenzy. A.F.Boyer
    Yeah, that is high actually.. I saw a barely used Glock 19 yesterday for $365
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast