Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default moved out of county do i need to update address with my ltcf issuing county?

hi just finally decided to post after trolling these forums for months now. I just recently moved to Allegheny county from Mercer county. I got my ltcf in mercer just wondering if i need to update the address, i mean does the address on my permit have to match the one on my drivers license? Just want to make sure im legal as possible.

As far as i can tell its not necessary, but thought i'd shoot the the question and see if anyone knows anything.

-kyle

Default Re: moved out of county do i need to update address with my ltcf issuing county?

Legally not necessary, but it is a good idea to notify the issuing sheriff of your new address in case he needs to contact you

And then at renewal time just go to your current county sheriff's office.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: moved out of county do i need to update address with my ltcf issuing county?

No.
    Your license is still good regardless of address.

It would be wise to notify the Mercer County Sheriff of your new address for 2 reasons.
    1. He has to send you a renewal notice 60 days prior to expiration. (use this as a reminder to go to the Sheriff of the new county.)
    2. He has your current address in case any question arises of the license.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    He has to send you a renewal notice 60 days prior to expiration.

You mean there are sheriffs that actually do this??? I've had mine for years...in the same county...and i dont think i EVER received a renewal notice...

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    You mean there are sheriffs that actually do this??? I've had mine for years...in the same county...and i dont think i EVER received a renewal notice...
    They are required to by statute:

f) Term of license.—

(1) A license to carry a firearm issued under subsection (e) shall be valid throughout this Commonwealth for a period of five years unless extended under paragraph (3) or sooner revoked.

(2) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application shall not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.

(Cumberland County)

Glad someone else posted this becuase I was about too. I'll be moving soon from Cumberland Co. to Dauphin County and my LTCF is for Cumberland. Glad all I will have to do is let them know.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    No.
    Your license is still good regardless of address.

It would be wise to notify the Mercer County Sheriff of your new address for 2 reasons.
    1. He has to send you a renewal notice 60 days prior to expiration. (use this as a reminder to go to the Sheriff of the new county.)
    2. He has your current address in case any question arises of the license.
    #2 is especially important in case your LTCF is revoked for some reason.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    They are required to by statute:

f) Term of license.—

(1) A license to carry a firearm issued under subsection (e) shall be valid throughout this Commonwealth for a period of five years unless extended under paragraph (3) or sooner revoked.

(2) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application shall not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.
    Yes...i know they are supposed to...i'm just saying i've never received one...

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyeraker View Post
    hi just finally decided to post after trolling these forums for months now. I just recently moved to Allegheny county from Mercer county. I got my ltcf in mercer just wondering if i need to update the address, i mean does the address on my permit have to match the one on my drivers license? Just want to make sure im legal as possible.

As far as i can tell its not necessary, but thought i'd shoot the the question and see if anyone knows anything.

-kyle

The real question is, Why the hell are you moving from Mercer county to Allegheny?

(Allegheny County)

i know i want to move back, but the work is down here. I want to find a few acres up that way. was nice to shoot in my back yard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast