Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

You're correct, I'm pretty sure my rights were violated and the police were a little shakey on the word of the law. However, you gotta pick your battles. In my situation, being harassed by a landlord who is known to employ people who (legally) pack, you don't want to piss off the cops. Besides, they were cool enough to give me written instructions on how to get my gun back, and even suggested that I just go out and buy another one. Also, I do have legal hunting weapons, so I'm not too worried about my safety.
    Thanks, Steve for that law quote. Where is it from? I have had trouble finding a really complete listing of the PA and fed. statutes.

(Luzerne County)

The quote is from PACS (Pa Consolidated Statutes aka Crimes Code) 6111 Sale or transfer of firearms. The information is stored on my computer downloaded from a disc published by Gould Publications. They publish various books for law enforcement for just about every state. Packing.org may have the info, but I'd have to look at the site.

(Huntingdon County)

Default Great question

It's a great question. Thank you for asking it for my benefit too.

I don't think anyone other than a lawyer or the NRA can handle that police slight of hand at your house. It is definitely worth doing since a handgun confiscated could be "lost" and there goes the heirloom.

(Bucks County)

Default BUY ANOTHER???...

I agree w/enviro what happens if it "gets lost" that cop has a gun , In who"s name? not that I am anti cops , don't read any more into that

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonxyz123 View Post
    You're correct, I'm pretty sure my rights were violated and the police were a little shakey on the word of the law. However, you gotta pick your battles. In my situation, being harassed by a landlord who is known to employ people who (legally) pack, you don't want to piss off the cops. Besides, they were cool enough to give me written instructions on how to get my gun back, and even suggested that I just go out and buy another one. Also, I do have legal hunting weapons, so I'm not too worried about my safety.
    Thanks, Steve for that law quote. Where is it from? I have had trouble finding a really complete listing of the PA and fed. statutes.
    http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=234700
    You should find what you need at one of those links.

One thing that could be learned from the New Orleans confiscation disaster, is to always get the officer's name, a receipt, and their badge number if applicable. Resisting the confiscation may be futile, even if it is unnecessary, but you need to have some record of what you lost, and who took it in case the firearm ends up in the officers arsenal rather than the police department.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12