Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Woman arrested for handgun possession

Woman arrested for handgun possession
    A 20-year-old Oil City woman was arrested for possession of a handgun without a license after she was allegedly brandishing the weapon Monday in Oil City. Oil City police said they received reports around 2:51 p.m. Monday that Krista Eileen Love was displaying a handgun on Duncomb Street. Police said Love admitted to having a gun and was found in possession of a .25-caliber automatic pistol. Witnesses told officers that Love was seen inserting a clip into the handgun, police said. Love was arrested for firearms not to be carried without a license and disorderly conduct, police said. She was arraigned before District Judge Andrew Fish and was placed in Venango County jail on $25,000 bail.
    http://www.thederrick.com/Derrick/19.shtml

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Woman arrested for handgun possession

Too much missing information from this article. JAIL????!!!!

(Somerset County)

I would like to have seen her insert that ( CLIP ) in that .25 .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Elk County)

Not a lot of detail here, also clip... Wording is clunky and in general poorly written. If she would have waited one more year she could have got her LTCF. Not sure if this is correct, but I think she just lost that right.

Don't need LTCF for open carry the last time I checked and you only have to be 18 to legally possess a pistol or pistol ammunition.

(Armstrong County)

Wow, what great investigative reporting [/sarcasm]
    There has to be more to the story then is reported.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Venango County)

Here is a little more info..... not much better though.

An woman, thought to be an Oil City resident, is lodged in the Venango County Jail on $25,000 straight bail on a misdemeanor charge of firearms not to be carried without a license and a summary disorderly persons charge. Oil City Police report officers responded shortly before 3 p.m. yesterday to a Duncomb Street location for a report of a woman displaying a handgun. When the officers arrived, tthey found Krista Eileen Love, 20, who admitted to having a gun. She was found to be in procession of a 25 caliber automatic pistol. Police say witnesses told them Love was seen inserting a clip into the gun. Love was arrested after a short investigtation.
    What I'd like to know, was the gun ever concealed or in a vehicle? If not, I see nothing wrong here..... I'd hate to see this young lady plead guilty to a crime she didn't actually commit, because of police pressure.

Woman arrested for handgun possession

A 20-year-old Oil City woman was arrested for possession of a handgun without a license after she was allegedly brandishing the weapon Monday in Oil City. Oil City police said they received reports around 2:51 p.m. Monday that Krista Eileen Love was displaying a handgun on Duncomb Street.

Police said Love admitted to having a gun and was found in possession of a .25-caliber automatic pistol. Witnesses told officers that Love was seen inserting a clip into the handgun, police said. Love was arrested for firearms not to be carried without a license and disorderly conduct, police said. She was arraigned before District Judge Andrew Fish and was placed in Venango County jail on $25,000 bail.
    Very interesting. Inserting a clip into an automatic handgun, huh?

(Monroe County)

Hold a sec... I agree that you may carry a weapon openly without a license but can you remove that gun from it's holster?
    I can see something wrong if she was indeed "brandishing" the gun.
    I personally don't want to see someone walking down the street with a pistol in thier hand. If thats the case, then I think an arrest is warrented, isn't it?
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    Hold a sec... I agree that you may carry a weapon openly without a license but can you remove that gun from it's holster?
    I can see something wrong if she was indeed "brandishing" the gun.
    I personally don't want to see someone walking down the street with a pistol in thier hand. If thats the case, then I think an arrest is warrented, isn't it?
    ?? Your kidding me? We have no "brandishing" law, as long as she was not doing something dumb with it like pointing it at someone, or threatening someone with it, i see no law that says you can not remove it from your holster, what if she forgot to load up? Or accidentally bumped the mag release and pulled it out to put the mag back in?
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast