Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default .50 caliber semi auto hand gun or any handgun is it legal to hunt deer or small game

i was considering getting a desert eagle .50 cal hand gun or a dpms .308 semi auto assualt rifle are either legal for hunting in pa are any handguns legal to hunt in pa and what aboutt .223 cal ar-15s can you hunt with them

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: .50 caliber semi auto hand gun or any handgun is it legal to hunt deer or small

Semi-auto rifles and handguns are a big no-no... An AR-15 or similar home defense rifle could be used if you remove the gas assembly which allows it to be a semi-auto. Without the gas tube, the rifle is a single shot and manually operated. If you want to hunt with a semi-auto, hunt in another state where it may be legal, or cut off a hand... Amputees may use a semi... lol As far as handguns, wheelguns and single shot hand cannons are legal, the Desert Eagle is not...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Blair County)

Default Re: .50 caliber semi auto hand gun or any handgun is it legal to hunt deer or small

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    Semi-auto rifles and handguns are a big no-no... An AR-15 or similar home defense rifle could be used if you remove the gas assembly which allows it to be a semi-auto. Without the gas tube, the rifle is a single shot and manually operated. If you want to hunt with a semi-auto, hunt in another state where it may be legal, or cut off a hand... Amputees may use a semi... lol As far as handguns, wheelguns and single shot hand cannons are legal, the Desert Eagle is not...

-Chaz
    Are you sure you can hunt deer with a AR style rifle with the gas system removed? I'd love to shoot one with mine, if i could figure out how to keep the gas from blowing back in my face with the tube removed.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAallterrain View Post
    Are you sure you can hunt deer with a AR style rifle with the gas system removed? I'd love to shoot one with mine, if i could figure out how to keep the gas from blowing back in my face with the tube removed.
    Very sure, I wanted to use my Garand with the gas piston removed and the game commision told me I could if I wanted to be arrested.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Lancaster County)

?? ?
    Semper Fi

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Very sure, I wanted to use my Garand with the gas piston removed and the game commision told me I could if I wanted to be arrested.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    I thought that sounded a little funny. I'd love to shoot a deer just for the novelty of killing it with a 7.5" AR style rifle, but i assumed even with the gas system removed the GC would frown upon it.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Lawrence County)

You can actually buy single shot AR lowers, no way it can be modified to fire semi-auto... Just because the PGC frowns upon it, doesn't make it illegal...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAallterrain View Post
    I thought that sounded a little funny. I'd love to shoot a deer just for the novelty of killing it with a 7.5" AR style rifle, but i assumed even with the gas system removed the GC would frown upon it.
    Not to mention a .223 is a fairly weak round to be ethically killing deer with.

and yeah, I would certainly expect PGC issues with using an AR style rifle.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc4sheezy View Post
    i was considering getting a desert eagle .50 cal hand gun or a dpms .308 semi auto assualt rifle are either legal for hunting in pa are any handguns legal to hunt in pa and what aboutt .223 cal ar-15s can you hunt with them
    I'm going to assume this is a joke! Come one pal, get real! Probably some anti troll trying to get a rise.......

(Jefferson County)

Some folks dont realize that semi-auto's are not allowed for hunting. ...except shotguns or if you've lost use of one or more hands(then there are mag limits).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast