Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Hours of sales for ammo?

I was in Walmart in Dickson City or early this morning however you care to see it as it was after midnight. I spotted some ammo I wanted to buy and asked a guy to get me someone to open the case to get it for me to buy it. He came back and told me that the manager which I later found out was an asst. manager said they do not sell ammunition after 10 pm. She went as far as telling others that it was against the law to do so.

Now I may be new to this but I have to say I have bought ammo in the Matamoras Walmart at like 130 am previously so I know it is not a state law. I do not even believe it is a law at all. I would like to know if anyone on here has heard of a law stating ammo cannot be sold after 10 pm? If so where can I get more information on this. Is it even a Dickson City ordinance possibly? Or is this just a matter of the Asst. Manager being misinformed and therefore training her staff improperly based on her own misunderstanding?

I kind of think it is either the later or it was the manager just not wanting to do customer service. I would think with the unemployment rate and job market being what it is out here people would put more effort into serving the customers.

If it is not a law or an ordinance that I can find out about I will simply lodge a formal complaint with the corporate office.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Hours of sales for ammo?

There is a thread somewhere on the forum about this very subject.

I've bought ammo in the Corry Walmart at the oddest hours. I have never paid for the ammo at the ammo counter. I've always just put it in my cart and paid with the rest of my stuff at the front register.

I've had the same experiences at the Walmart in Erie (Peach St.).

I think the manager on duty merely confused that particular Wal-Mart's policy with a legal requirement.

(Allegheny County)

It's kinda like werewolves. All gun owners turn into mean gang-bangers after 10pm.