Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock River Arms

(Dauphin County)

Default Rock River Arms

I placed order in November and was told 16+ weeks for a ship date. It's now 32 weeks and I'm still waiting. I realize things got crazy for awhile, but it seems like most manufactures are getting caught up.

Has anyone recently gotten an order from RRA? If so, when did you place it?

Thanks.

(York County)

Default Re: Rock River Arms

At the shop we have a backorder list from RRA thats a mile long. Its just how things are right now. Most orders we order now are a year out. Especially anything odd.

What were your ordering? We may have it in stock.

(Dauphin County)

Entry tactical with a crome lined barrel. I'm going to keep waiting on it. I figure it has to ship eventually. I'm just trying to figure out how much longer.

(York County)

Ah. We have 2 Entry Tacticals but without chrome lined barrels

York City Pharmaceutical District, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

There's two over at StonyBrook. Saw them today. I'm not sure about the barrel but the label I saw said RRA Entry Tactical.

717-757-1088
    3755 E Market St
    York, PA 17402

They seemed like nice guys that ran the shop. It was my first time there. I saw two of those rifles and remembered ths post.

Good luck.

(Dauphin County)

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm going to keep waiting on my order. I'm hoping that RRA is finally catching up on their backlog since shops are starting to get some instock again. I just hope it's not another 4-6 months....

At this piont, I'm just curious to know how long it's taking other people to get their orders.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by harrisburg25 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but I'm going to keep waiting on my order. I'm hoping that RRA is finally catching up on their backlog since shops are starting to get some instock again. I just hope it's not another 4-6 months....

At this piont, I'm just curious to know how long it's taking other people to get their orders.
    FWIW, our orders that we are receiving right now are ones we placed in December and January, when lead times were 3-4 months. Like Nate said we have two left @ $950 each.
    StubbyGear.Com
    Funny Name, Serious Gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    FWIW, our orders that we are receiving right now are ones we placed in December and January, when lead times were 3-4 months. Like Nate said we have two left @ $950 each.
    Was just wondering. You say your are not chrome lined. This may be an amateur question, but does that mean on the inside or outside of the barrel? Are the ones you have this same exact model with same exact specs?
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=217

I have been looking into the RRA CarA4 but their wait time is ridiculous. I cannot see any differences in the Entry Tac model you have and the CarA4 model I was looking at other then the pistol grip. Am I missing something here? IS there anything else that is different?

Also, do you still have the Entry Tac in stock? And where in PA are you located. I am in NJ and would be willing to drive out if you are on the eastern half of PA. Otherwise, shipping would be the only option if I were to purchase from you. THank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by NJSig226Guy View Post
    Was just wondering. You say your are not chrome lined. This may be an amateur question, but does that mean on the inside or outside of the barrel? Are the ones you have this same exact model with same exact specs?
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=217

I have been looking into the RRA CarA4 but their wait time is ridiculous. I cannot see any differences in the Entry Tac model you have and the CarA4 model I was looking at other then the pistol grip. Am I missing something here? IS there anything else that is different?

Also, do you still have the Entry Tac in stock? And where in PA are you located. I am in NJ and would be willing to drive out if you are on the eastern half of PA. Otherwise, shipping would be the only option if I were to purchase from you. THank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

The bore is chrome lined to help better resist conditions that could corrode the bore.

RRA always has a decent waiting period. They take ALOT of custom orders which require time, in addition to waiting in line. When I was shopping around for mine, I was looking at RR's... but my dealer said the wait was around 40 weeks.. so I decided to just get a Bushmaster. RR makes good, cutoms guns with whatever you want. My friend has one with the stainless bull barrel, and shoots competition with it. If you don't mind waiting, you will be happy in the end. You're almost there anyway IMO, I wouldn't backout now. Just stick it out!

You could probably call and check where yours is at. Not sure on that though, but it's worth a try.
    III%

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by NJSig226Guy View Post
    Was just wondering. You say your are not chrome lined. This may be an amateur question, but does that mean on the inside or outside of the barrel?
    It's not like a chrome bumper. The chrome is at a molecular level. It is the chamber/bore that is "chromed". It makes it a bit easier to clean, but some people say that it reduces the accuracy a bit. If you routinely clean your guns after a shooting session, you probably don't need the chrome lined.

I have a RRA barrel on order, has been for many months now. I cal them evry so often to see what is going on. It's for a build I'm doing and I'm not in a rush so I can wait.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast