Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking First Time Concealed Carry

Hi Everyone,

Last night was my first time conceal carry. The wife and I went to Blockbuster and then to Papa Johns. It was more like cover carry. I had a belt holster on my right side with a polo shirt over. It was noticeable if you really looked. An off duty Sheriffs officer noticed but did not say anything and some girl noticed the slight bulge in the shirt. I did like it but want to get a different holster. I have a Glock 23. Is there any holsters anyone recommends? Also, my wife has to lock her's in her vehicle at work. Does anyone recommend a quick access safe. I appreciate the advice.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: First Time Concealed Carry

Crossbreed Supertuck! Great holster, no one will ever notice. Gives you an option to tuck your shirt in as well.

www.crossbreedholsters.com

It will cost you, but you will be much happier in the end. Spend the money upfront for a good holster, it is not worth throwing your money away for a bad holster that is uncomfortable.
    Active Citizen

Thanks, I will definitely take a look at that one. Mine is not bad but it does show a bulge and I want something that is a little more comfortable in the car.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

(Dauphin County)

Smile Re: First Time Concealed Carry

Congrats to you.

When I first started carrying, I thought the whole world knew it. I think that's natural, and will fade over time. It did for me.

I have a high noon holsters for IWB, and not the most expensive one - works pretty well. I have a UBG IWB for my EMP and I like that one too. When I get big I want a supertuck...... those are so sweet. I just have trouble prying that amount of money from my wallet. (the wife bought me the EMP).

Maybe I should ask her for a holster.........

Stay safe.

(Delaware County)

I have a supertuck for my conceal piece. It may seem expensive, but it's the last IWB holster you will ever buy. I almost forget my gun is there half of the time... almost. No one has ever seen it on me ever. Even with my shirt tucked in no one can see it.

If you do get a supertuck make sure you get the combat cut and the J-hooks. The regular hooks are pretty conspicuous and the Velcro ones don't secure it as well as it should, I think.

(Dauphin County)

I also like my SuperTuck. My wife didn't notice I was carrying all until I said something about it. I have it on for 16 hours without any discomfort including sitting, driving, and walking.
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Bucks County)

You should check out Comp-Tac's MTAC and Spartan as well. Same concept as the SuperTuck but the Spartan is a few bucks cheaper. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=102 The MTAC is a bit more expensive but the fasteners for the Kydex holster body and the belt clips are covered. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=102

Another plus for the Comp-Tac holsters is the availability of alternate Kydex holster bodies. You can get one backplate and use it with a number of different pistols.

I never use the "tuckable" feature but I've found that the two widely spaced belt attachment points contribute to greatly improved (over traditional IWB holsters) stability. The large leather backplate eliminates small pressure points, greatly improving comfort.

(Bucks County)

Oh, and welcome to the pistol packin' family!

(Lancaster County)

One other thing I love about the supertuck is the lifetime warranty. The clips are sturdy, but if anything on the holster is going to break, that will be it. I wear mine on a daily basis and it is nice as can be. Heck, I even go out golfing with it on and don't mind it!

I have never had anyone question the clips. I am around a lot of people on a daily basis, some know and some don't know. Never got a second glance.

One thing I always recommend too is go somewhere and check them out. See what you like and what you don't like. It is hard to do with the supertuck, but if you ever find yourself up this way, I am sure someone would be willing to let you hold one.
    Active Citizen

(Cumberland County)

I know how you feel, I don't carry too often but when I do I'm always worried it shows. I have several hosters from paddles to pancakes. I just got a new Don Hume JIT holster and I love it ! Simple, small, and keeps pistol close to body and high. Pretty cheap too for a quality holster - $ 16 - $ 21 average.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast