Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Experience's with Uzi's?

Anyone have an experiences with the IMI or Vector built semi Uzi's with the 16 inch barrel? Or the Mini or Micro's?
    Thought's on the folding stock? wooden stock?
    I'm debating picking one up, they are VERY aesthetically pleasing to me (SBR's which may be an option) and I was wonder what everyone's experience with them is.
    Thanks guys.

Pictures welcome!

Cheers,
    josh

Already have unmodified uzi mag's for use in YM Tech 9mm Mag block for AR
    Last edited by ithinkimamedic; June 1st, 2007 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Experience's with Uzi's?

I had an IMI Model B and it was a Fun gun but that was it. The accuracy just isn't there.

Word of caution, If you find a used IMI ask the owner to pull the trigger group. It's only one pin to pull it, They had a bad habit of the frame cracking right at the trigger group mounting point.

Rich W.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Experience's with Uzi's?

I have 2 uzis...both Action Arms Model "A"s.
    One is a registered full auto B&G Bolt conversion, one is a semi 45 with 16" barrel

the FA conversion has at least 30K rds thru it on FA, not a single cracked frame problem, and yes, A B&G Bolt conversion is a semi frame that has a grooved SMG conversion bolt, and has had the frame opened up to accept a FA lower,and its converted back to open bolt operation, select fire....I think the "cracked frame" thing is pretty darn unlikely to be common.

as per the 16" model, I have it converted to 45acp, with a greasegun mag lower on it, it also functions correctly...that one is a closed bolt semi model.

uzis do fine in the accuracy dept for the ranges they are intended, and even with the short subgun barrel length they are intended to have with the coarse sights they come with...it's a combat 9mm subgun basically, its not a 100yd match rifle.

it's also a 9.5lb 9mm, thats a bit heavy for such a light round....I'd rather have a 9mm AR for carrying about comfort, but it wont be as compact as an Uzi for sure, even with the 16" barrel.

as for the Vectors, I fired a couple, both FA and semi builds.
    the Vectors use a Group industries receiver, which is good, and properly heat treated, but one issue is the bayo lug is "off"spec, meaning accessories that attach there like the GG&G Uzi rail wont fit right.
    also, some of them have faulty front trunnion welds that break after a time, but Vector will fix those no problem...no way to tell if yours will or wont have that, its happened on FA and Semi Group receivers.

if i couldn't get a "real" Action Arms uzi, i'd take a Vector built on a Group Industries receiver without a problem.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply