Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Glock Trigger pull adjustment

I was checking out the Wolf Gun Spring website and found they have a spring kit to reduce the trigger pull on Glocks. Here's the description:

TRIGGER GROUP COMPETITION PAK - All Glock Models
    This pak is designed to help improve trigger pull and function in competition pistols. Included in the pak are a reduced power striker spring, reduced power safety block spring and an extra power trigger spring. For all models.
    Warning: This pak is for competition use only - not for duty use.
    Stock No. 33230 - All models .....$ 9.00

Here's the link: http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html

Anybody try it? I don't want to hear about how an X lb trigger is not safe or any of that. This is a target gun so I just want to know:

1. Is this setup reliable? Do you get light primer strikes?
    2. Is the trigger pull better/lighter?
    3. Is this functionally safe? Will all the internal safeties work correctly with these replacement parts?
    4. Has anyone tried this setup with a reduced recoil spring? I'm currently using an 11lb spring.

I know this may fall under the gunsmithing section, but I wanted to make sure enough people seen the thread. Thanks.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Glock Trigger pull adjustment

If you want to reduce the trigger pull weight you can always just slap in a 3.5# connector

(Pike County)

I am a certified glock amorer and have done many trigger reductions.
    I have not tried the particular one you are refering to. However if you intend to shoot competition I do NOT recommend anything less than 3.5 lbs. This can be done by changing the connector but you should also change the spring as well. If this is unchartered territory, then I strongly suggest you have a professional look at it. PM if you need me to look at it since I live in your same area.

(Chester County)

I bought a reduced power striker for my g34 a couple years age. I was getting light primer hits, ans I wasn't willing to start using federal primers exculsively. It's sitting in the bottom of my gun box now.

(Allegheny County)

I did this on my Glock.
    http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpChV_vfgzo
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLnTEkzqNc8

I was very satisifed with the results. It smoothed out the trigger pull and sharpened the break.

I tried the Rocket connector, I didn't like the results.
    "Giving up freedom for security is beginning to look naïve".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny1969 View Post
    I did this on my Glock.
    http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpChV_vfgzo
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLnTEkzqNc8

I was very satisifed with the results. It smoothed out the trigger pull and sharpened the break.

I tried the Rocket connector, I didn't like the results.
    I just spent the last 2 hours doing this by hand with Q-Tips and am very satisfied with the results! Once I get the parts to replace some of stock parts I will most likely do it again for practice/efficiency.

Smoother Pull and Much Crisper Break!.

Great Post! +1

(Chester County)

I've shot Glocks with the spring sets you've mentioned.

Don't do that shit. It turns the Glock trigger pull/ reset into COMPLETE mush, and is completely unnecessary.

Expect some light strikes, and expect it to be a lot easier to miss the reset. I would never carry a gun with that stuff in it.

I think if you spent the time it takes to order and install that stuff dryfiring, instead. You'd shoot better than you would with the reduced power springs.

Save the money, just keep practicing if you want to shoot better.
    Hardware solutions to software problems seldom work, IMO.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Don't do that shit. It turns the Glock trigger pull/ reset into COMPLETE mush, and is completely unnecessary.
    Ditto. The goopy reset from low power spring packs drive me nuts.

That said, you can get a light, crisp pull (with a tolerable reset), no pretravel (which is what seems to annoy a lot of people about the stock trigger) from some of the high end shops (Vanek, to name one). The thing is, they're not just selling replacement spring kits you can drop in -- they're replacing the stock trigger group with a completely reshaped one and changing the springs. So not only do you get a lighter pull (from lighter springs and changed geometry for the contact points) you get a decent reset because the spring isn't resetting the trigger over the stock geometry, which is what gives you the mush reset. The increased weight of the trigger spring on the kit you're thinking about is trying to get around the part geometry issue by increasing the weight of that spring. Honestly, to get a badass and light trigger, you're going to spend money -- $200+ for the parts and install, and round trip FedEx shipping.

If this is a "target" gun, in terms of shooting holes slowly in paper at 25 yards, you might actually be served well (if you don't want to spend the money on the above) by replacing the stock trigger spring with an NY1. The break on my NY1 guns is cleaner for slow bullseye type shooting than on a stock Glock. Sounds counterintuitive, but it's true. Obviously, a light polish (as others have linked) helps, too.

If this is a "target" gun, in terms of IDPA or IPSC or something, then just throw in a factory (not aftermarket -- I've found most of them to be shit) 3.5# connector and keep the stock trigger spring. You'll get a light, albeit slightly mushy pull, that you can slap fast without pulling off target.

And regarding your numbered questions:

1. Is this setup reliable? Not always. Do you get light primer strikes? Depends on the primer.
    2. Is the trigger pull better/lighter? No. Yes.
    3. Is this functionally safe? If you keep your booger hook of the bang switch, it is. Will all the internal safeties work correctly with these replacement parts? Internal, sure. The lighter spring on the trigger safety will make it easier to depress by accident.
    4. Has anyone tried this setup with a reduced recoil spring? I'm currently using an 11lb spring. I don't recall, on the guns I've shot. But you'll notice a little more recoil with the reduced recoil spring, but that shouldn't impact trigger function with the above kit.
    Last edited by Rule10b5; July 16th, 2009 at 10:15 AM.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

I put Ghost (not "Rocket") 3.5lb. connectors in my Glock 19 and Glock 22 and did the "$0.25 trigger job" on both. They're safe to carry in a proper holster, much easier to shoot, have a very distinct reset, and have no light hits.

A lot of people are satisfied with the results of just the "$0.25 trigger job" alone. A SMOOTH 5lb. pull beats a creepy, crunchy 3lb. pull every time.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I put Ghost (not "Rocket") 3.5lb. connectors in my Glock 19 and Glock 22 and did the "$0.25 trigger job" on both. They're safe to carry in a proper holster, much easier to shoot, have a very distinct reset, and have no light hits.

A lot of people are satisfied with the results of just the "$0.25 trigger job" alone. A SMOOTH 5lb. pull beats a creepy, crunchy 3lb. pull every time.
    FYI
    Ghost Inc makes several models, one is the "Rocket" the others are:
    Ultimate
    3.5 Trigger Connector
    Ranger
    Tactical
    Patrol

Link: http://www.ghostinc.com/category/1dealers/
    "Giving up freedom for security is beginning to look naïve".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast