Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock Trigger pull adjustment

I'm reading this thread while greedily gulping down my XL DD coffee, looking down at my G21 and thinking..why? I guess I'm just a big dumb animal, but I've never shot my Glock and thought.."man, I wish this trigger was lighter/crisper/shorter/medium rare/whatever". Other than the EFK Firedragon™ Frame-Saver Dual Action Recoil Spring and grip plug, it's factory and I'm more than fine with it. I guess I'm not as refined a shooter to know the difference as some more experienced ppl. Good luck with it.

Default Re: Glock Mods

Quote Originally Posted by VeryPrivate View Post
    It does. Just remember that the over-travel tab must be trimmed to the correct length.

The trigger spring returns the trigger to the forward position. Extra Power would increase the trigger pull. Glock offers a NY trigger which is heavier and more like a revolver. I do not care for DA revolver trigger pulls, so I leave the trigger spring stock.

From what I have felt, the safety block is such a small contributor to trigger pull, this mod is not worth it.

The Tungsten rod did not have any noticable effect of recoil. But it does not interfere with function.

The other ideas, I do not have any real experience with. Good luck
    Actually the trigger spring does not return the trigger to the forward position, it's helping to pull the trigger. Next time you take your gun apart check it out. An increased power trigger spring will reduce trigger pull not increase it.

Tony, I would highly recommend trying out the extended controls. I bought a set that had the mag release, slide release and mag well plug and It's like the gun was made for me. I also installed a Glock 3.5lb connector and did the .25c trigger job. All the parts I installed are Glock parts so reliability is not effected. I use my Glock for IDPA so ther's only so much you can change before it's illegal for SSP class.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    1. Have you ever seen/used the Ghost Rocket? You think a person would be better off using the Lone Wolf and not worrying about the extra trigger travel? Is the Ghost Rocket hard to install?

2. I dunno about Tony, but I was considering a tungsten rod for the sake of getting some extra weight up by the muzzle. Think it makes a difference?

Carnesonlyhasonesyllableinhisnamesohedon'tgettodot hecoolLycan(tm)thropenamething
    I never found overtravel on the Glock to be excessive. I like to be able to feel the break and then have some travel instead of bumping into the stop.

Decreasing takeup is good, but that's not always easy on a Glock without disabling the striker block. Radiusing the block and using a lighter spring on it makes the takeup noticeably smoother, though.

Tungsten does make a difference. A lot of people make the mistake of just shooting some rounds and seeing if they notice any difference in flip. That not really why you add a tungsten rod or make other spring changes. What you are looking for is a gun that will drop the front sight post right back in the notch for you without any undue tension on your part. How much flip you get doesn't matter. A tungsten rod is useful for people who tend to find the front sight post up a bit high while trying to settle in for the second shot. They also help some shooters hold a bit more steady and not pull the gun around so much while firing. (Those are just the effects of using a heavier gun) Yes, you can get the gun to do this with a different grip, but the point of the changes are to make it easier for you to see what you need to see.....after that, you can shoot a lot faster because all you have to do is follow the bouncing front post which is now very agreeable in getting back where it needs to be.

The biggest difference in felt recoil usually comes from using a bit lighter recoil spring, but that's another story altogether.

Lycanhose'emifyougot'emthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    .....but I've never shot my Glock and thought.."man, I wish this trigger was lighter/crisper/shorter/medium rare/whatever".
    You need to get yourself a nice 1911......

LycancringesatGlocktriggersthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Check out this site: http://www.sniperworld.com/content.a...ld_Glock_Index

It shows exactly how a Glock works. It's pretty cool and gives you a really good understanding of how all the internal parts work.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    1. Lone Wolf - Sounds good to me!
    2. Why? - I like metal when dealing with things that take this much punishment... the stock one is great and I would trust my life to it... but Metal is "usually" more durable.
    3. Use the left thumb. - good point... but Istill like the idea of moving it back on the frame a bit.
    4. Rotate your hand. - this is what I'm trying to get away from... I don't want to have to roll my hand or move the gun.
    5. Krylon - ? where can I get this... this is not a need to me... just a preference.
    6. Nite sights for carry. - thats what I'm saying!

Lycanmmmmbeerthrope
    These are just a few things I'm thinking of doing... non are set in stone... some are just a preference to me. I don't want to get in to changing to much because "if its not broke... don't fix it" But if there is room for improvement... improve upon it!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I strongly suggest you not modify the trigger of Glock you carry for self defense.
    I was dry-firing my GLOCK last night and I really have no problem with the stock trigger pull... In fact... It's so much better than my Kahr was (especially after the .25 cent trigger job) that I am most likely going to just leave it be for now... or not... we will see... 3.5lb does sound nice!

Tonythinks5.5lbmightbebetterforSDfly

(Allegheny County)

I never found overtravel on the Glock to be excessive. I like to be able to feel the break and then have some travel instead of bumping into the stop.

Lycanhose'emifyougot'emthrope

+1 on this.
    As Lycan says, you need the extra travel after the break so you don't end up pulling the whole gun off target with your trigger finger.
    "Giving up freedom for security is beginning to look naïve".

(Bucks County)

You need to get yourself a nice 1911......

LycancringesatGlocktriggersthrope
    I've got a Springfield Loaded, it's not like top-end, but different enough to know the difference between it and a Glock. Maybe I'm easy to please(wife wouldn't say so), but both feel good in their own ways and I don't prefer one trigger feel over the other, different animals.

Edit: Although I do understand the cringing at dry-firing a Glock. I don't do it much at all, and when I do, I keep looking for the plastic dart with rubber suction cup on end to fly out the front. That springy release feel is eery. When shooting live rounds I don't experience that so I never think of it.
    Last edited by QuakertownRich; July 21st, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Fly View Post
    (re: the guide rod) I like metal when dealing with things that take this much punishment... the stock one is great and I would trust my life to it... but Metal is "usually" more durable.
    Even seen a plastic one break?

I haven't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast