Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Here's a good reason why women should carry.

Wow, this might have been a much better story had the woman been legally carrying a handgun (and trained to use it), especially since the BG did not appear to be armed.

If she had been armed and shot this scumbag, this appears that it would have been a completely justifiable self-defense shooting. I hope this woman is OK and that this punk is caught and punished appropriately. HG

Woman attacked, police seeking witnesses
    Monday, July 13, 2009
    By Jerome L. Sherman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Police need help in finding a man who pulled a 32-year-old woman off a street in Stanton Heights late Friday and raped her in nearby woods.

The attacker is described as a black male as young as 16. He is about 5 feet 9 inches tall, 150 pounds, with a dark complexion. He was wearing a blue shirt at the time of the assault. Police have created a partial composite sketch.

"We're going to need the public's help with this," sex assault squad Sgt. Larry Scirotto said at a press conference today at police headquarters.

The incident occurred in the 5200 block of Stanton Avenue about 9:30 p.m. Friday, when the male came up behind the woman, who was talking on a cell phone. He grabbed her throat and pulled her into a wooded area, Sgt. Scirotto said.

The woman screamed and started to struggle, and the attacker told her, "Shut up or I'll kill you."

He didn't appear to have any weapons.

After the attack, the man ran away. The victim flagged down a passing car and called police.

The incident appears to be isolated, Sgt. Scirotto said, but neighborhood residents should watch for anyone who seems suspicious.

Before the assault, the attacker was "just standing there, doing nothing," Sgt. Scirotto said.

Investigators are collecting evidence from the scene to test for the attacker's DNA.

Anyone with information is asked to call the sex assault squad at 412-323-7141.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Here's a good reason why women should carry.

Just standing around outside talking on her phone. BAD BAD BAD situational awareness..... Of course the attack is NOT her fault. Just saying....

Sorry but EVERY woman from the age of 10+ should be carrying and should know how to 'use it' ... there is NO REASON ANY woman should be subjected to the horror of a rape when they can (and should be able to) protect themselves from such a horrid attack.

Personally I'm for the death penalty for ANY so-called 'sexual crime'. They are committed by scumbags that should have their dicks cut off, all because they feel they need to prove they can control a woman.

Of all the crimes out there that make me want to kill someone rape is #1 ... talk about lowlife pieces of shit that need to be eradicated from the planet, defiling a woman to prove you are a man? BULLSHIT, you are nothing better than the cockroaches that infest your life and you need to be to be squashed like the bug you are!

God help the POS that attempts to rape ANY female member of my family ... I will hunt the POS down to the ends of the earth and make his last moments the most horrific he ever lived ... he can die in horror and I will spit on him after he is dead.
    Last edited by dc dalton; July 13th, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Sorry but EVERY woman from the age of 10+ should be carrying and should know how to 'use it' ... there is NO REASON ANY woman should be subjected to the horror of a rape when they can (and should be able to) protect themselves from such a horrid attack.

Personally I'm for the death penalty for ANY so-called 'sexual crime'. They are committed by scumbags that should have their dicks cut off, all because they feel they need to prove they can control a woman.

Of all the crimes out there that make me want to kill someone rape is #1 ... talk about lowlife pieces of shit that need to be eradicated from the planet, defiling a woman to prove you are a man? BULLSHIT, you are nothing better than the cockroaches that infest your life and you need to be to be squashed like the bug you are!

God help the POS that attempts to rape ANY female member of my family ... I will hunt the POS down to the ends of the earth and make his last moments the most horrific he ever lived ... he can die in horror and I will spit on him after he is dead.
    Dont hold back Dalton. Tell us how you really feel.

150lbs ? She should have just BI$%ch slapped him and laughed
    No longer posting

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Dont hold back Dalton. Tell us how you really feel.

SCREW holding back! vermin MUST be eradicated, there is no other way to say it.

BTW let me add to my post. Woman, child or even man ... a rape victim is a rape victim and there is NO excuse for it, not a single one! I say take the convicted rapist and tear them apart piece by piece and then let the parasites chew on the pieces .... let them die in horror, the same horror they decided to place upon their victims.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at on this story, but it doesn't describe the woman at all so she could be quite petite.

I'm in agreement with dalton over how these matters should be dealt with. If one of my family or friends is ever raped the perp would be very lucky if the cops found him before I did.

(Philadelphia County)

Well said, dc dalton. The same should go for any perp who dares molest a child.

(Berks County)

I favor public crucifixion at the scene of the crime. It sends a message like no other means of execution can.

(Bucks County)

Yikes...total agreement....how'd that happen ?? But personally I like the wood chipper method.

(Monroe County)

Well he'll be easy for you to find. He'll be the one at the hospital missing his dick.

I've carried something most of my life for protection. If it wasn't a firearm it was a knife or the claws I wear on both of my hands. I've already drawn blood with my claws so I know they work well. The time I lived/survived in Jersey I carried a 4" knife at all times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast