Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Open carry training memo for LEO dept'sin PA [final draft]

Outstanding Rich!!! You have been hard a work I see. (Of course I use the term work loosly.) I will definitely have a copy of this with me. I probably won't need to send this off to the locals because you are probably on it. Thanks again.

Dave

(Allegheny County)

gave a copy to my PSP buddy, he'll be trying to push it through to his supervisors.

(Lancaster County)

Now do you have to do anything official to have it "gifted" to you? BTW thanks for clearing this up for me guys I had a ton of questions about this and I am so excited about owning a handgun but was sooo bummed I had to wait till I am 21.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(York County)

I can think of one Organization that should receive a "COPY", The Municipal
    Police Officers Training and Education Commission of The Commonwealth of
    Pennsylvania, Hershey, Pa. Also the PA. Sheriffs Association, 27th N Front St.
    Harrisburg, Pa., That should start the ball rolling, might make for some interest-
    ing conversation and debate. Since municipal LEO's must have mandatory In-
    service training yearly, I wonder if Sheriffs and there Deputies are bound by
    the same standards. It would be interesting to say the least how it would be
    received.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by FUNDAMENTALS View Post
    I can think of one Organization that should receive a "COPY", The Municipal
    Police Officers Training and Education Commission of The Commonwealth of
    Pennsylvania, Hershey, Pa. Also the PA. Sheriffs Association, 27th N Front St.
    Harrisburg, Pa., That should start the ball rolling, might make for some interest-
    ing conversation and debate. Since municipal LEO's must have mandatory In-
    service training yearly, I wonder if Sheriffs and there Deputies are bound by
    the same standards. It would be interesting to say the least how it would be
    received.
    THIS Is an excellent idea.
    I will draft a special cover page for them. IE: "Due to the huge increase of people deciding to exercise their right to open carry in PA in recent months I submit the following proposed training memo in hopes of better peace officer to citizen relations....."

(Luzerne County)

Cover letter draft.

Please feel free to make suggested improvements, corrections, etc...

================================================
    Your name
    Your address

[Date]
    [CLEO] [name]
    CLEO street address
    CLEO town, state, zip

Dear [CLEO]:

Enclosed please find a copy of training bulletin entitled “Open Carry of a Firearm in Pennsylvania”.

In recent months there has been a large increase in the commonwealth of citizens exercising their right to carry a firearm openly, within the confines of the controlling statutes. I have discussed the topic with many local people as well as people residing in other parts of the state including several law enforcement officers. I was disappointed to find that a number of the officers engaged by myself and others had incorrect knowledge of the Uniform Firearms Act of Pennsylvania and its resultant legality of and restrictions to “open carry”.

I submit the above referenced memo in hopes that it might be useful, if, as, and where appropriate as basis for any training memos or sessions in the event you deem them necessary for your department’s officers.

If any other information is needed or if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Respectfully,
    [your name]
    [address]
    [phone]
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; June 4th, 2007 at 02:10 PM.

Do I dare walk a copy of this into the Pitt Police station.....hmmmmmm
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DR. GLOCK View Post
    I just came from the Carlisle Sherifs office where I opened carried to renue my permit.
    What happened when you went through the metal detector at the door???

has anyone had any responses from any local law enforcement agencies following them recieving this letter? also could those of you who have mailed/faxed this post who they have sent it to? I want to get one to West View, and Ross PD. But I dont like the idea of them getting flooded with these, theres no need for that the way this was put together, along with our rights will hopefully be enough(although i doubt anything will be enough for PPD).

Has anyone thought of trying to forward this to a news program, such as KDKA, WPXI, ect.. sort of do a spot on the local news stations like they did in the lancaster newspaper.. although who wants to be on the side of us big mean gun runners(roars)

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    has anyone had any responses from any local law enforcement agencies following them recieving this letter? also could those of you who have mailed/faxed this post who they have sent it to? I want to get one to West View, and Ross PD. But I dont like the idea of them getting flooded with these, theres no need for that the way this was put together, along with our rights will hopefully be enough(although i doubt anything will be enough for PPD).

Has anyone thought of trying to forward this to a news program, such as KDKA, WPXI, ect.. sort of do a spot on the local news stations like they did in the lancaster newspaper.. although who wants to be on the side of us big mean gun runners(roars)
    I just added a list of depts I mailed to on the bottom of the original post.
    Some probably got theirs today, others went out today. so no responses yet. Although I don't expect any to be honest. If they don't like it they will probably just 'file' it.

Also note I added to post or PM me the dept and zip of anyplace you mail this so I can update the list in the original post.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast