Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Open carry training memo for LEO dept's in PA [final draft]

So apparently this is becoming more of an issue. I'm told someone else recently sent something to the department (I think related to OC) and my name came up again. I have to talk to some people to see if I can get this straightened out. I'm fairly upset that I'm being treated like this, even though I understand the department has an obligation to protect the public. However, I am trying to get into law enforcement and I'm joining the Coast Guard soon. I wouldn't really care, if not for the fact that this could sink me on a number of fronts. I could possibly be denied a security clearance or never get hired by a department all because of this. So, I'm going to try and see what I can do to get this issue resolved.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delco Sig View Post
    So apparently this is becoming more of an issue. I'm told someone else recently sent something to the department (I think related to OC) and my name came up again. I have to talk to some people to see if I can get this straightened out. I'm fairly upset that I'm being treated like this, even though I understand the department has an obligation to protect the public. However, I am trying to get into law enforcement and I'm joining the Coast Guard soon. I wouldn't really care, if not for the fact that this could sink me on a number of fronts. I could possibly be denied a security clearance or never get hired by a department all because of this. So, I'm going to try and see what I can do to get this issue resolved.
    Specifically, what department is it? The only recent information being sent to any departments was this, and what was sent to them were emails asking their for their positions and procedures as well as their own MPOETC 2009 Mandatory In-Service Training manual (which shouldn’t exactly be new information to them).

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JCWohlschlag View Post
    Specifically, what department is it? The only recent information being sent to any departments was this, and what was sent to them were emails asking their for their positions and procedures as well as their own MPOETC 2009 Mandatory In-Service Training manual (which shouldn’t exactly be new information to them).
    It was one of the departments BimmerJon received a response from.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delco Sig View Post
    It was one of the departments BimmerJon received a response from.
    Thought it might be. At least you know where to read the back-story now.

(Delaware County)

I couldn't find anything in the aritcle in the OP about it being legal to OC under 21, but over 18. Would it be possible to include that, or am I missing the whole point?
    Freedom's precious metals are gold, silver and lead!

(Bucks County)

VERY well put together pa patriot. i am impressed and grateful with your research on not only the laws but also the advisory notes, they very easily clarify for any citizens or LEO's who are "law language dumb." i personally exercise both of my rights and hold a LTCF. have not gotten too many complaints and all LEO's i have talked to know of this right to the citizens of this commonwealth.

(Bucks County)

Hey bro you should know that you SHOULD actively pursue getting your name off of their watch list. your name on that in your town is like being on the federal no-fly list. not only that but your rights are being violated- BIG TIME. and that is the problem with alot of american citizens these days, they let government walk on their rights and do not stand up for them like our founding fathers did. if you actively pursue this small injunction in your life you will not only squash it with one common plea court hearing, but you will know what it is to stand for your inalienable rights. ---just looking out for good people.

(Northampton County)

I just checked out your link for the PA Dept list, and its WAY off. Hope this helps and even this needs to be updated.

http://www.usacops.com/pa/pollist.html

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Open carry training memo for LEO dept'sin PA [final draft]

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    Hey steve, just wondering, because that's what I do since I dont have to worry about this anymore and I'm just wondering how crazy this law can get.

Have your pistol on the passenger seat or back seat, loaded magazine in your glove box or center console?

Now, if those arent considered containers due to them being built into the car itself. I'll give another example as well.

We used to have a minivan, it's been out of commission since the tranny went and sitting in the warehouse, but we had a removable console you put int he middle. not mounted down or anything, it was also a cooler so it had a carrying strap.

Now, pistol once again in the back seat with the magazine in that console.

In the spirt of the law, I dont think this would be a good thing, but I was just thinking of the technicality of it.
    One or the other cannot be within your reach (i.e. suv/minivan: third row seat or rear floor console. Second row seat would be considered within your reach)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    Nice job, but dont expect any response....... atleast Lower Paxton Twp and Swatara gave none to me
    DelcoSig,

You can expect a response from Chitwood on this. You may not like it, but expect it.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast