Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Have you checked how secure your place is?

My buddies GF lived at building 3 of Westpointe. She had been leaving her patio door open all night, and I had told her that it was unsafe. She wouldnt believe me. Now me and her BF used to be urban explorers. So the one day we decided to show her how unsecure she was. We've since done several other penetration tests to show that the complexes including building 1 where my GF lives, are completely unsecure.

amazingly people never check to see how safe they are. Have you?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Have you checked how secure your place is?

many times! I know every way in to the house and we are rather secure.

Anyone can gain entry into the mud room and the fridge in there, but the house proper is a tough nut to crack. At worst I'm out a few fozen burritos.

It's cool you used to be into UE. My brother and I made quite a few runs in the past (before we got fat and lazy) and it is one of the most enjoyable hobbies I can think of except shooting. maybe some day we can try and easy building or two.

Brian

(Lancaster County)

What amazes me is the number of homes constructed with vinyl siding and foam board insulation for sheathing. You could break in by using a utility knife...

(Erie County)

Spiderman? It that you?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    many times! I know every way in to the house and we are rather secure.

Anyone can gain entry into the mud room and the fridge in there, but the house proper is a tough nut to crack. At worst I'm out a few fozen burritos.

It's cool you used to be into UE. My brother and I made quite a few runs in the past (before we got fat and lazy) and it is one of the most enjoyable hobbies I can think of except shooting. maybe some day we can try and easy building or two.

Brian
    sounds like an idea, dont know of any easy places still around here though. One of my fav starter places used to be the old cork factory.

(York County)

Locks keep the honest people honest. Col. Colt and the rest of the boys help us keep the rest of them honest.

Well, its not the most secure, but with most of the house I'm fine with the security. The few places that need improvement will have to wait a bit, and they're not too bad. Until we got those all fixed up, we got one annoying-ass dog to wake us up incase of an intruder, in which case they have to deal with two angry men with baseball bats and a rifle I'd say we're quite alright!

My house is not the most secure in the world. But there are armed security at the entrances to the community. There are three dogs in the household. Most of the time, 2 inside, 1 out. Except for the sliding back door, there are two barrier protection the entrances. The door from the garage to the utility room is deadbolted. I know, deadbolts slow a criminal down very little, but it is there for peace of mind.

The windows on the front are at least 4 feet from the ground. The back to the dining room is 3.5 feet. (makes a difference on ease). Plus, All the houses in the hood know who is around, who is supposed to be there, and I am on good terms with all of em. Oh, and the hood is a circle, you can see everyone's houses.

If I am not home, I have USAA for renter's insurance, with replacement value on almost everything. Oh, and the base carries insurance on the house too, but unfortunately they depreciate everything, extreme depreciation. I would get more money taking everything to a pawn shop.

The guns and computer have floater coverage, and I do actually take pics/videos of my belongings about monthly. I have a copy of serial numbers and send a copy to my dad. No security is perfect, and if they get in. I want to get some new stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Lawrence County)

When I'm gone the valuables are locked up. The rest they can have.

When I'm home the windows are open...... God help the one's who try to enter then.

Lycanit'snoteasythrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lancaster County)

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the use of any booby traps. Nothing says leave this place now like a near fatal "accident"

I heard of one fella who let's a 12ga sit in the corner, with a well disguised zip tie around trigger secured to the floor with a bit of chain. I bet if someone picked it up, it could be a hair raising experience.

I built a nice little dvr camera system off ebay for under $300. On a 120gb hard drive it'll record 30 fps, set off by movement- for well over a week. I have my mom come and feed the animals when we go away, I got her on tape looking in our medicine cabinet. You should see the weird crap the cat does when no one's around.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast