Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Moving to the area soon

Hi All:

Currently live down in the Easton area, and recently the banks told me they've accepted my offer on a place in the Nanticoke area. I'll believe it when I'm handed the keys from the real estate agent.

Anyway, I have have a few questions about gun ranges and my LTCF which is currently in Northampton County. Is getting my permit re-issued just like starting over again, or do I surrender my old license and have it updated to show my new county and address ? Any insight on that is appreciated.

Secondly, does anyone know of any rifle / pistol clubs in a relatively close area (half hour or less) of the general Wilkes-Barre area that they could recommend ?

All feedback is greatly appreciated in advance. Thanks !

Default Re: Moving to the area soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mom Calls me Rambo View Post
    Hi All:

Currently live down in the Easton area, and recently the banks told me they've accepted my offer on a place in the Nanticoke area. I'll believe it when I'm handed the keys from the real estate agent.

Anyway, I have have a few questions about gun ranges and my LTCF which is currently in Northampton County. Is getting my permit re-issued just like starting over again, or do I surrender my old license and have it updated to show my new county and address ? Any insight on that is appreciated.

Secondly, does anyone know of any rifle / pistol clubs in a relatively close area (half hour or less) of the general Wilkes-Barre area that they could recommend ?

Your LTCF is good until it expires no matter which county you reside in. Then when it does expire, renew it in your new county.

It is a good idea to notify the sheriff who issued it and give him your new address, in case he needs to reach you concerning your LTCF.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for the follow-up, much appreciated!

(Luzerne County)

There is the Wilkes Barre gun and rod club over in Hunlocks creek. I am not a member but I hear its pretty good. You should also check out Piestracks.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    You should also check out Piestracks.

Heard quite a few good things about this place already, looking forward to visiting

The best part is, I'll be within 5 minutes of it....of course the Wife accused of buying this house because it's near a gun store !

Thanks for the feedback

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Marine General James Mattis
    "Stupid people never get smarter, but alcohol metabolizes" - GunLawyer001

(Luzerne County)

Heard quite a few good things about this place already, looking forward to visiting

The best part is, I'll be within 5 minutes of it....of course the Wife accused of buying this house because it's near a gun store !

Thanks for the feedback
    I am there most Thursdays. Just ask if Normans been in yet. They will know who you mean. Maybe I will get the chance to run into you there. I come from the Pittston area to deal there. So living close would be a plus.

If you are into flea markets there is one at the drive in in Hunlocks. Open on Sundays.
    Last edited by normanvin; July 16th, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Wilkesbarre Rifle and Pistol club in Hunlock creek is outstanding. They have a 330 yrd rifle range, a pistol range and 3 IDPA pits. They have shoots all the time. I shoot IDPA matches there once a month.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I am there most Thursdays. Just ask if Normans been in yet. They will know who you mean. Maybe I will get the chance to run into you there. I come from the Pittston area to deal there. So living close would be a plus.

If you are into flea markets there is one at the drive in in Hunlocks. Open on Sundays.
    Hey Norman- thanks for the info, hope to run into you there in the near future. It's going to be a lot of "weekends only" things until we finally get everything ready to move in, but I'm looking forward to the middle of August to finally be settling back into the area, and hopefully starting to meet new freinds and 'gun nuts' like myself.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Marine General James Mattis
    "Stupid people never get smarter, but alcohol metabolizes" - GunLawyer001

(Luzerne County)

Give me a shout when you get settled in. I'd be happy to help ya out if I can. I lived in Whitehall for a some time a while back. Got relatives in Bethlehem.
    I don't have a catchy phrase to put here!

(Luzerne County)

Hi All:

DON"T DO IT! THIS AREA IS A SH!THOLE!, along with the rest of the valley!
    Last edited by SSGF109; November 28th, 2009 at 08:16 PM.
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!