Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    Like some people putting some jumper cables on a pole while not in the water, and putting them in the water.
    interesting...hadn't heard of that one. i wonder how well it works?

just to clarify...use 2 poles...don't attach both jumper cables to the same pole...that would be very bad...sort of like crossing the streams of your proton packs and causing total protonic reversal.

LOL, yes, that could cause some hardcore problems LittleRedToyota. I didn't want to go into detail about it because I figured anybody that couldn't figure it out for themselves might not need to try it and the unknown factors might keep them away from it, lol. Either way, one of the key words about the whole deal is OUT of the water, because if you were trying it in an aluminum boat, you might get surprised.

(Cambria County)

[QUOTE=LittleRedToyota;5077]indeed it does...er, well, at least in theory it would...not that i've ever done any such thing.

when baking soda is combined with vinegar (or some other acid), it produces gas. if the mixture were to be combined in a confined space (like, oh, i don't know, maybe a closed jar) the pressure created by the expanding gas might just eventually cause the container to rupture...thus producing a BOOM.

Baking soda and vinegar makes a great drain cleaner...put the baking soda in first, (I usually also put in just enough water to rinse it down to teh point of the clog) then pour in the vinegar. The resultant reaction will clear the clog from your drain, without harming your pipes or septic system...
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    that would be very bad...sort of like crossing the streams of your proton packs and causing total protonic reversal.
    Hahaha Ghostbusters rules.

As for the Howitzer Hunting... The folks responsible for these pictures should be beaten with clubs. Not only is this not sporting.. it's reckless and irresponsible.

Their membership to life should be hastily revoked.

(Lehigh County)

Keep in mind that the reason you've got to plug your shotgun when hunting waterfowl is because of the greedy SOBs that used to slaughter birds by the flock with punt guns. For those unfamiliar with the term imagine a montrous boat-mounted shotgun, 10 - 14 feet long with a 2"+ bore, some of which launched 3 lbs of birdshot at a time. Stupidity and firearms is a potent combo.

That said, I wouldn't mind building the mountain howitzer, just not for deer.
    John: How come I'm not afraid?
    D'Argo: Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty.
    John: I love hanging with you, man.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    sort of like crossing the streams of your proton packs and causing total protonic reversal.
    Btw...I only realised decades later when rewatching Ghostbusters that "crossing the streams joke"! Funny what seems to be sophomoric humor was missed when I saw it as a kid the first time!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12